Genesis - Poser

Vege MiteVege Mite Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I don't know if this has already been covered here in the DAZ Forums, but I'm not a happy camper with all this Genesis hype.

I've spent money at DAZ to get Michael 5, Victoria 5 and some clothes only to find out that non of the clothes for sale at DAZ will work in Poser. They only work in DAZ Studio. This is because of the difference in the Libraries.

Spent well over $100-. :-(

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We could help you a bit more if you gave us more details as to where things are, and what is happening for you,

Plus do remember DAZ 3D does have a 30 day refund policy, if you are really unhappy.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Unless you are using OptiTex dynamics then items which have been updated with Poser companion Files will work in Poser. items which haven't yet been updated should be at some point, or you can do your own updating in DAZ Studio 4.5 if you are willing.

• Vege MiteVege Mite Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

.Thanks! None of the stuff I've bought has been updated. I tried to export one item from DAZ Studio as a cr2, but the process is painstaking (I haven't been successful, yet) If you know of a better way I'm all ears. :-)

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Vege Mite said:
    I don't know if this has already been covered here in the DAZ Forums, but I'm not a happy camper with all this Genesis hype.

I've spent money at DAZ to get Michael 5, Victoria 5 and some clothes only to find out that non of the clothes for sale at DAZ will work in Poser. They only work in DAZ Studio. This is because of the difference in the Libraries.

Spent well over $100-. :-(

What version of Poser do you have? If you have Poser 9 or Poser 2012, then all is fine. You will need DSON Importer for Poser here in DAZ store, then you can use Genesis in Poser also. But it does not work for older versions of Poser. Luckily, Poser 9 is now on sale for about 70 USD, I have heard.

If you do not want to go that route, you can simply contact DAZ Sales department. You can return any product you have bought within the past 30 days and they will give you your money back.

• Vege MiteVege Mite Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've been thinking of asking for a refund. I have Poser Pro 2012 and can load both Michael 5 and Victoria 5 just great. The problem is the content. The DAZ Studio Library is structured in such a way that Poser can't access it (It has no Runtime). :-(

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

DS does have a runtime and it is possible to use it as an external runtime with poser. That runtime is for purely Poser items.

If you have the DSON importer, you can have Genesis related items reside in your Poser runtimes. With that application there is no need to export as CR2. Items not updated for DSON will require some manual processing, but it's fairly easy

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

That's where the DSON Importer for Poser, .duf files, and the Poser Companion files come in. The Poser Companion files contains the files Poser needs in a Runtime structure.

If DAZ hasn't yet converted the product to the .duf format (content is .dsf, .dsa, .dsb, .or .ds format only) and added the Poser Companion files, then you either have to wait for them to do so, return the product, or create the Poser Companion files yourself if you have DAZ Studio 4.5. It's quick and easy if the product is already in the .duf format, but it's a freaking pain and entirely too time consuming if it isn't.

Creating Poser Companion files can be done on selected .duf files or on all the .duf files in a folder and subfolders with pretty much a single click. But converting from .dsf, .dsa, .dsb, or .ds format to .duf format can only be done one file at a time. Obviously, the more pieces to a product and the more material settings there are included, the longer it takes to convert to .duf format.

If the product is already DUF, then skip Step 1 and go to Step 2 in the Creating DSON Poser Companion Files documentation to create the Poser Companion files

Step 1 of the above documentation is how to convert to .duf format for figures and props.

How to convert Material and Pose Presets is in the following documentation:
    Converting Material Presets to DUF
    Converting Pose Presets to DUF

The documentation wasn't clear on all steps, and I struggled with understanding several steps. It's not really written for a Poser user with little to no experience with DAZ Studio, but seems aimed toward those who create content in DAZ Studio. But, once you figure out the process, it is rather simple.

Vege Mite said:
    I've been thinking of asking for a refund. I have Poser Pro 2012 and can load both Michael 5 and Victoria 5 just great. The problem is the content. The DAZ Studio Library is structured in such a way that Poser can't access it (It has no Runtime). :-(