problems creating geometry shell

gabugabu Posts: 303
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Sometimes when I create the shell it is positioned where I expect, which is surrounding the object that it is the shell of.

But more frequently the shell is down about floor level and I have to carefully move it up to the correct place.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in Studio4.5?

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

That's happened to me a few times - usually with props. What I have done is use the mjcCasual 'jump to' script to get it positioned correctly.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that pointer. I have now downloaded it.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Are you using 4.5.1.6? It fixed several problems with shells in the original 4.5 release, including shells loading in incorrect places because they didn't take into account the parent item's relative transform in worldspace.

If you are using 4.5.1.6, then this issue should be re-opened in the bug tracker database.

edited December 1969

I am using 4.5.0.114, I have been afraid to upgrade because of the reports of bugs and so on.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I my expereince if you have no problem with DS4.5.0.114 then there is a good chance you can run 4.5.1.6 without many or any major issues. (but don't quote me on that LOL) I have the same issues with 4.5.0.114 onwards.....

I don't have CMS issues, I don't have lag issues but I do have crashing issues when rendering in DS4.5.0.114 onwards up to 4.5.1.6

edited December 1969

OK. Perhaps I should bite the bullet then and give it a try. I can take a snapshot before I upgrade so it would be easy to drop back if necessary.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    I am using 4.5.0.114, I have been afraid to upgrade because of the reports of bugs and so on.

4.5.0.114 has many bugs in saving/loading scenes in the new DUF format that are fixed in 4.5.1.6. I would upgrade ASAP, if only for the scene file integrity.
    edited December 1969

With my heart in my mouth I took a partition snapshot just in case.

The installation went smoothly and everything so far seems to be working OK.