Poser's dynamic cloth and DAZ Studio

gabugabu Posts: 303
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there any way of making Poser's dynamic cloth usable, even if only to a limited extent, in Studio 4.5?

As an example I am thinking of the sleeves and overskirt in:

http://www.runtimedna.com/Angeloi-the-Outfit-for-Michael-4.html

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am sure you saw this, but no harm in repeating it here:

The included smartpropped overskirt and oversleeves use dynamic cloth simulation settings for Poser and will NOT work in DAZ studio!

Anything in the set which says 'conforming' will be able to be used in DS by using the 'Fit To' option.

Poser Dyanmic clothing is not rigged, therefore it wont conform, it needs to be draped in Poser's Cloth Room to get the effect. In theory it is possible to rig it in DS, and then make it conforming, but I imagine that the reason this ins't conforming in the first place is because it would be a nightmare to produce all the required morphs to get the same effect as using Poser Dynamic Cloth.

DS uses the Optitex plugin for DS Dynamic Cloth, and it is nothing like the same as Poser Dynamic Clothing, and thereofre wont work in DS, sorry.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

Yes, I did see that but bought it anyway because the rest of the costume was too good to pass up.

But you have answered my question in that it can in theory be manually rigged in DS. I guess it will be an interesting learning exercise for me to give them some basic morphs.

Can you recommend some relevant rigging tutorials?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There may be some tuts around on rigging, but dresses are the most difficult to work with I think, and the sleeves on the item would be more difficult still, I think. I know very little of rigging, and I am not the best person to advise you. Someone else will come along, and may be able to help more.

edited December 1969

I am sure I read somewhere that Blondie9999 was going to, or was in the process of, writing a comprehensive rigging tutorial. So it might be worth waiting till that comes out.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

The Angeloi overskirt and sleeves would require both movement morphs and body handles aka ghost bones added over and above the basic rigging.

Given the length of the skirt, you would need to create a morph that allows it to pool on the floor. I know how to create this type of movement morph using the Poser cloth room but I wouldn't even want to try it in a modeller.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited November 2012

luxgabu said:
    I am sure I read somewhere that Blondie9999 was going to, or was in the process of, writing a comprehensive rigging tutorial. So it might be worth waiting till that comes out.

LadyLittelfox has an excellent set of tutorials over at RDNA. You can buy her rigging tutorials for DS or Poser separately (the bundle is a better deal and the annual half off sale is coming so you might want to wait). She is a master at rigging all types of clothing.

http://www.runtimedna.com/Modeling-with-Littlefox-Part-3-DazStudio.html

http://www.runtimedna.com/Modeling-with-Littlefox-Part-Collection1.html

Post edited by icprncss on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the advice.

I have put them on my wishlist there so I don't forget them and I will get a reminder when the sale is on.