Girl 5, Freak 5 - coming soon?

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Okay, but really.... whaddya think.... go ahead, let her rip...

Amazona-StillBrewing3.jpg
    739 x 647 - 210K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited November 2012

RKane_1 said:

Not bad at all! :) Though, I personally would add a bit more waist to them. From the side, the broadness of the chest makes it look like they're sucking in their guts a bit.

By the way, have you decided whether or not you are going to sell them as DAZ Originals?

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited November 2012

RKane_1 said:

Not bad at all! :) Though, I personally would add a bit more waist to them. From the side, the broadness of the chest makes it look like they're sucking in their guts a bit.

By the way, have you decided whether or not you are going to sell them as DAZ Originals?

Gah! I'm just concentrating on the displacement and the texture maps done. When that is done THEN I will see about who may want to sell them.

I see what you mean by the waistline. Maybe I overdid it.

I can thicken the waist easily enough, though. I will look at that again in the near future.

Any of you other guys and gals have some input?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

From the side view (in Post #60), the thighs look too skinny. Needs more curve in the hamstring.

In post #61, 3rd woman from the left. Maybe it's the angle, but her right thigh (left from our point of view) looks too thin when compared to her calf development.

Can't wait to see the final product.

edited December 1969

Denny L said:
    RKane_1 said:

From the side view (in Post #60), the thighs look too skinny. Needs more curve in the hamstring.

In post #61, 3rd woman from the left. Maybe it's the angle, but her right thigh (left from our point of view) looks too thin when compared to her calf development.

Good feedback. Waistline too skinny and thighs not thick enough. Keep it comin' guys. *smile*

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

These are wonderful Kane!! I cant wait to get my hands on these!! I DO agree with the waist suggestion, to me it's perhaps a little too toonish on the waist. I also agree with the hamstring curve. I think the proportions are good! And I love how the deferent shapes vary from one another!! I'd love to see V5 and Default genesis with them, it would give us a good feel for the scaling and stature :)

Question: Will there be a breast size decrease morph for these applicable characters? The existing works very well, but photo's of body builder women that I have seen generally aren't big breasted. (Not at all saying I dislike them! I think what you have done is terrific!! - but it's always good to have the option available :) )

RKane I'd also love to say Thankyou soooo much!! It's great to see that there is another vendor who is interested in working in the non-V5 mainstream market!! I think SF is a beautiful character, and I'm so happy you've been making a set of characters that fit her roll!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Denny L said:
    RKane_1 said:

Good feedback. Waistline too skinny and thighs not thick enough. Keep it comin' guys. *smile*

I can't think of anything to add beyond what the others have said, but I like what I see. Keep up the good work.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,194
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Ha ha, good job R_Kane. ;)

I can't really tell from the angles, but I'd also make her butt a bit more round on the taller morphs. Also, the calves seem a bit too muscular to me on most of the shapes here. I'd tweak them down about 25%, maybe 50%.

Otherwise, great work! :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

I'm buying as soon as you sell her, Rkane! I can't add anything- she looks nice.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

I love the flexibility of Genesis. With a wide selection of characters & morphs I can instantly create almost any type of character, almost exactly as I imagine it in my head! I felt like I had much less creative control with older generations but to each their own. I do feel there is room for G5, F5, A5, etc. but I would really like to see them with distinct new looks not just improved versions of the previous generations.

I thought I heard a rumor that this image shows the new A5 in the works but not sure if it's true? It does look nice but not sure if I could just get real close dialing existing morphs. It was from the product Katumi Dress which for some reason can no longer be found as a product in the store. http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14304/start

katumi-dress_.jpg
    500 x 650 - 88K
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Sugoi_2 said:
    I love the flexibility of Genesis. With a wide selection of characters & morphs I can instantly create almost any type of character, almost exactly as I imagine it in my head! I felt like I had much less creative control with older generations but to each their own. I do feel there is room for G5, F5, A5, etc. but I would really like to see them with distinct new looks not just improved versions of the previous generations.

I thought I heard a rumor that this image shows the new A5 in the works but not sure if it's true? It does look nice but not sure if I could just get real close dialing existing morphs. It was from the product Katumi Dress which for some reason can no longer be found as a product in the store. http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14304/start

looks nice, good job :)

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Sugoi_2 said:

That´s the promo from DAZ store, I think... %-P

edited December 1969

Sugoi_2 said:

Yes, for the Katumi dress which was pulled and is no longer available. I think it may be part of her bundle later when it becomes available. It certainly seems like it is part of her "genre" as it were.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Yes, for the Katumi dress which was pulled and is no longer available. I think it may be part of her bundle later when it becomes available. It certainly seems like it is part of her "genre" as it were.

So does that confirm it is really A5?

Also excellent job, I actually really like the stylized thin waist but I guess it would be easier to trim it down with dials then the other way around.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

For me their legs seem a bit off, mostly those calves, seem a bit bulging. Especially on 1st woman from the right her legs do not look exactly human to me, they remind me rather of something from Creature Creator bundle.

edited December 1969

Sugoi_2 said:
    RKane_1 said:

So does that confirm it is really A5?

Also excellent job, I actually really like the stylized thin waist but I guess it would be easier to trim it down with dials then the other way around.

Nothing confirms until confirmation, I'm afraid and I am definitely NOT official DAZ person. I merely speculate. *smile*

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

I suspect the promo is a dialed variant of A4 for Genesis. It seems to me that A4 wasn't often used by herself, but she was used a *lot* as an added morph for V4 characters. She made a much better added component than an individual character on her own.

The game had changed by the time Gen4 was designed. The Gen3 characters could mostly use each other's skins, but you couldn't actually mix the characters themselves. So you got a whole cluster of cute variants of A3, because A3 was A3 and you couldn't really mix her with anyone else. You didn't get a whole lot of cute variants of A4. You got a lot of beautiful V4s who used a lot of A4 to get the full effect.

edited December 1969

Frankly, I am happy with the Aiko 3 & 4 shapes in Genesis but, I understand others want something "new & improved" but frankly? Those are some dynamite shapes.

I understand other opinions are different on this and will certainly not begrudge DAZ wanting to make more money.

edited November 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Sugoi_2 said:

Actually... Since I figured Hitomi is going to be Aiko 5 for this generation, I figured I'd go ahead and buy out the rest of her content to simulate myself a "Hitomi 5 Pro Bundle".

But lo' and behold, just about all of her DAZ Original content is nowhere to be found! No Katumi Dress, no Anime Schoolgirl Outfit, no Anime Nurse, no Anime Dress, nothing that DAZ put out for Hitomi!

Interesting indeed... >.>

edited December 1969

It's a conspurracy.

/:-\

edited December 1969

No, I just think you may very well be on to something...

edited December 1969

Actually... Since I figured Hitomi is going to be Aiko 5 for this generation, I figured I'd go ahead and buy out the rest of her content to simulate myself a "Hitomi 5 Pro Bundle".

But lo' and behold, just about all of her DAZ Original content is nowhere to be found! No Katumi Dress, no Anime Schoolgirl Outfit, no Anime Nurse, no Anime Dress, nothing that DAZ put out for Hitomi!

I don´t know what you mean. I found every item you mentioned still being in the store. Only Katumi Dress is missing, it has been pulled out with the rest of those weekend specials (like Caput Caseum, Towels etc.). The others are here:

Anime Schoolgirl Uniform
    Anime Nurse Uniform
    Anime Dress

edited December 1969

I don´t know what you mean. I found every item you mentioned still being in the store. Only Katumi Dress is missing, it has been pulled out with the rest of those weekend specials (like Caput Caseum, Towels etc.). The others are here:

Anime Schoolgirl Uniform
    Anime Nurse Uniform
    Anime Dress
    Huh? Those didn't show up when I tried looking for them. :ohh:

What exactly did you search?

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

We don't have an official F5, but there is Swole for genesis http://www.daz3d.com/shop/swole-for-genesis

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:
    We don't have an official F5, but there is Swole for genesis http://www.daz3d.com/shop/swole-for-genesis

Now, how did I miss that?

I like F4's bigger hands and feet, but on the other hand, this is a great muscle sculpt (and I can use propagating scales). I think it will make a very nice addition. Thanks for the link!

edited December 1969

Huh? Those didn't show up when I tried looking for them. :ohh:

What exactly did you search?

I just typed Anime Dress, Anime Nurse etc. and they showed. I guess Magento search engine had been in good mood at that time. Sometimes search works without problem in DAZ store (when you type full name of a product, you will get exactly what you asked for) but there are also times when typing Anime Dress would show me everything anime related, but not the item I am searching for...

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:

I like F4's bigger hands and feet, but on the other hand, this is a great muscle sculpt (and I can use propagating scales). I think it will make a very nice addition. Thanks for the link!

That's why some people were getting Mr Hyde instead.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Denny L said:

That's why some people were getting Mr Hyde instead.

I have Hyde as well.

edited November 2012

Yeah, even though I'm going to bet that a G5 & F5 are on their way, it will be interesting to see since we do now have characters like Mr Hyde and 3D Universes' Jasmine, Ami and Jazlyn. If you ask me, Ami kind of already does reminds me of Girl, I'm not sure why...

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited November 2012

i think it's not gonna be the shapes that give us new and better looks.
    G4/A4 or A5/G5, there is not gonna be to much difference i guess.
    it are the new upcoming studio tools that would be some game changes
    things like flesh and muscle movement (like some kind softbody with collisions) the natural motion from dynamic hair in combination with the possibility of our own dynamic cloth creation and offcourse the fast octane render engine.
    move up to GOZ (zbrush) was 1 step in the right direction.

that will only bring innovation and change in the whole process.

Post edited by Fixme12 on