Daz Dynamics or Optiex thread?

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

misaouin said:
    i guess that no one want to tell me that mysterious name
    Fine !! i will find it and when i find it i will do the same !!

Dude, people are trying to help you but you refuse to hear it! Nobody knows the name of the plug-in, because nobody here has it! Only Martin. Just contact Martin, or OptiTex and find out. Nobody here can afford that software!

Dana

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I'd be interested in creating Dynamic for Daz, but I don't know if I could afford he software. I didn't see any prices on the website.

• misaouinmisaouin Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

i know the hole story "contact optitex and bla bla bla bla .....
    i don't have optitex right now but i will soon buy it ; i want at first verify if that could be possible and to have a clear idea about that mysterious plugin because without him optitex will help to do nothing
    that is why i need to know the name that way when i buy it i make sure that it is included
    no one wants to give me the answer for a just simple question !!! why?? Is it too confidential or something like that ??
    how can you encourage people to buy that software if you don't give them information about their special plugins at least names !!!
    it is too strange ?!

edited December 1969

misaouin said:
    i know the hole story "contact optitex and bla bla bla bla .....
    i don't have optitex right now but i will soon buy it ; i want at first verify if that could be possible and to have a clear idea about that mysterious plugin because without him optitex will help to do nothing
    that is why i need to know the name that way when i buy it i make sure that it is included
    no one wants to give me the answer for a just simple question !!! why?? Is it too confidential or something like that ??
    how can you encourage people to buy that software if you don't give them information about their special plugins at least names !!!
    it is too strange ?!

Why can't you understand that nobody here knows the name of it because nobody here, except Martin...who seems to be missing in action right now...can afford the software. I'm sure if you contact OptiTex about purchasing the software, they'll tell you about that plug-in. They have nothing to hide, they don't really care that much one way or another, it's not their main business. Right now you're asking a 5 year old child what the fibonacci sequence is. He just doesn't know! (OK, that's a bit exagerated...overkill...but I hope you get the idea)

Dana

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

The whole entire Optitex set up..which will do everything from help you do designs with 3d to cut the patterns the most efficient way is about 10k. While that sounds like a fortune to us if we were fashion designers on the rise it would actually be a bargain price to start out doing mass produced clothing since it cuts out several rather specialized people and the cost of hiring them. The design part that would be necessary to start doing clothing for DAZ is about 3k according to the research I did on the Internet. Currently Optitex software is used by everyone from fashion design students (I believe Martin was helping some students at the London school learn the software at one point) to companies who hope to stream line and lower cost on production of existing fashion lines but none of those people has ever shown much interest in the minimal (comparably) income associated with dynamic clothing for the 3d industry.

As to the conversion plug in, I don't think it is very complex or mysterious. It is just something only a couple of people have ever really needed.

• misaouinmisaouin Posts: 8
    edited June 2012

@ Dana .believe me i tried the whole story but i didn't get the answer ,if you are that sure why don't you do a favor to me and ask them for me
    and if you get the answer tell me then
    i will be thankful for you my whole life !!

Post edited by misaouin on
    edited December 1969

Well, if they won't answer you, I guess they won't answer me. I have no desire to deal with another company that doesn't have time for my questions. And I don't have the desire to buy this package, anyway.

Maybe you should consider another product. There are others, you know? No DAZ Studio plug-in that I know of, but that's not the only rendering software out there, either.

Dana

edited December 1969

Since very few people have ever used it or needed it it my guess is they call it something like the DAZ converter..Or Bob.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to use the M5 Stringer tee with Reality. It drapes fine in DS4 Pro but when I render, I get horrible mesh visibility - very angular parts. It's more visible where light is hitting it. Is there a way to smooth a dynamic garment or some other way to fix this?

edited December 1969

I'd ask in the reality thread. I want to say you need to freeze the animation if that is happening but I could be wrong.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to use the M5 Stringer tee with Reality. It drapes fine in DS4 Pro but when I render, I get horrible mesh visibility - very angular parts. It's more visible where light is hitting it. Is there a way to smooth a dynamic garment or some other way to fix this?

Like Khory says, this might be an issue with Reality. I did all my Michael 5 renders for his Dynamic Wardrobe with Reality and used the stringer tee with reality for this promo:

http://cdn.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/i/michael-5-the-dynamic-wardrobe-2.jpg

but didn't have this problem. I know with Reality the type of lights, and number of lights and many other variables have to do with your results. I think I used a single mesh light for my scenes.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited July 2012

This is what misaouin is talking about. These are the directions in the Optitex HelpWiki for integrating the Optitex model to dynamics in Daz:

In order to work with Daz, you will need to purchase the Daz Software with an Animation option.
    Inquire on the proper plugin in Daz that is able to work with OptiTex.

Note that additional information and training are subject to billed charges, since OptiTex does not support external software.
    All necessary information should be found within DAZ tutorials

Workflow:
    1.Make a pose for a Daz figure in Daz 3D
    1.Export the figure as a mod.file
    2.Make pz.2 file to fix the pose for Daz figure
    3.Import figure (mod.file) into OptiTex
    4.Create your pattern in OptiTex 3D
    1.Make clt file without textures
    5.Load clt file into Daz
    1.Export clt.file as an obj file
    6.Load your figure in Daz
    1.Use pz.2 file to ad the pose to your figure
    7.Autorig your clt in Daz
    8.Save the clt file as a scene in Daz
    9.Bring in the obj file into UvMapper to generate a Texture UV map
    10.Make your textures and bump maps in Photoshop
    1.Bring them into Daz
    2.Ad them to the clt
    3.Save them as material preset

There are no options in the Daz menu to import or export .mod or .ctl files, even in the Dynamics plugin so there is probably another special piece needed from Daz in order to work with those file extensions.

Post edited by jaebea on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Has any one been able to save and load a animation using Dynamic cloth in DS 4.5 ?

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Has any one been able to save and load a animation using Dynamic cloth in DS 4.5 ?

I haven't installed 4.5 as I need to develop Optitex content and can't risk using beta software but if you are seeing any issues you should report them to Mantis. Can you give more information as what is not working? There is also a beta tester team so a search through Mantis should tell you if your issue has been fixed or even identified by another user.

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    bigh said:

I haven't installed 4.5 as I need to develop Optitex content and can't risk using beta software but if you are seeing any issues you should report them to Mantis. Can you give more information as what is not working? There is also a beta tester team so a search through Mantis should tell you if your issue has been fixed or even identified by another user.

thanks - posted it long time ago - just wanted to see if any one had got it to work

edited December 1969

So its not working for you? What happens? You can't save an animation? Or you can save an animation and then it won't load?

edited December 1969

SimonWM said:
    So its not working for you? What happens? You can't save an animation? Or you can save an animation and then it won't load?

this is what you get if you save and load it again - the cloth is suppose to stay on !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oso1rzolZN8

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    SimonWM said:

this is what you get if you save and load it again - the cloth is suppose to stay on !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oso1rzolZN8

Ugh, that's not good. What beta version are you using? Are you part of the DAZ Studio 4 beta testing team? If you are not I think you should be. If interested I think you should contact Bruce Hoins and request to be included. We need more animators testing these betas.

I used to check the beta versions myself when they could co-exist with the release version in the same computer but with 4.5 is one or the other so my hands are tied.

edited December 1969

thanks for the input .

edited December 1969

I just re-set my Dynamic Clothing Control product and rather than placing the files for DS3 in my downloadables, I was only given the files for DS4.5. Why can't I use DS3 anymore?

Well, while I'm here, my latest Daz Dynamic work (the larger image can be see in my rendo gallery: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2382363)

Reckoning-final---signed----for-web_777.jpg
    777 x 503 - 51K
    edited December 1969

Daz is not picking up the phone for the last two days, so I can't find out why my resent of the Dynamic Clothing Control is only sending me DS4.5 files.

I need the DS3 files I bought. I do not use DS4.5. I did not buy Dynamic Clothing Control for for DS4.5. I want what I paid for.

edited December 1969

Daz is not picking up the phone for the last two days, so I can't find out why my resent of the Dynamic Clothing Control is only sending me DS4.5 files.

I need the DS3 files I bought. I do not use DS4.5. I did not buy Dynamic Clothing Control for for DS4.5. I want what I paid for.

I will bite - what happen to your files ?
    Are you saying you do not have back ups for DS3 ?
    How did you lose them ?

edited December 1969

bigh said:

How did you lose them ?

Do to a hard drive crash, I've had to start over. My external back-up fried at the same time. Luckily, the GeekSquad could save my images, but not my software files, so I had to re-install Daz and I am SUPPOSED to be able to reset files wen I need to no matter how long ago or old the product is.

I reset it, but was only given the newest version, none of the older versions reset.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

How did you lose them ?

Do to a hard drive crash, I've had to start over. My external back-up fried at the same time. Luckily, the GeekSquad could save my images, but not my software files, so I had to re-install Daz and I am SUPPOSED to be able to reset files wen I need to no matter how long ago or old the product is.

I reset it, but was only given the newest version, none of the older versions reset.

Sorry to hear this - yep the only way I know of is to turn in a ticket
    as DS3 is not supported any more from downloads - thats what I read in one of the threads .
    I could be wrong

edited December 1969

bigh said:

as DS3 is not supported any more from downloads - thats what I read in one of the threads .
    I could be wrong

What get's me, is all of my other older files reset fine, just not this one. This keeps up, I'll learn Poser before I upgrade Daz. I bought a DS3 product, I want my DS3 product.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

I could be wrong

What get's me, is all of my other older files reset fine, just not this one. This keeps up, I'll learn Poser before I upgrade Daz. I bought a DS3 product, I want my DS3 product.

I understand - can't you run DS 4.5 or you don't want to ?

edited November 2012

bigh said:
    bigh said:

I could be wrong

I understand - can't you run DS 4.5 or you don't want to ?

I don't like DS4 or 4.5. I more than don't like it.

I am so sick of all of this, I getting closer and closer to making the switch to Poser out of shear aggravation. I have too much money invested in the products that work in DS3, that I can't even find in DS4 or 4.5. At least V4 and M4 is still the model to work with everywhere else but at Daz.

Post edited by WillowRaven on
    edited December 1969

Try calling again - if you don't get them today - it will be monday .

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I know I can't change your mind...but, V4/M4 and all their associated content work in 4.5...you just don't get all the bells and whistles associated with Genesis if you use them, exclusively.

edited November 2012

mjc1016 said:
    I know I can't change your mind...but, V4/M4 and all their associated content work in 4.5...you just don't get all the bells and whistles associated with Genesis if you use them, exclusively.

One, I don't personally like the look of Genesis. I won't really get into it in Martin's thread or any other, because every time I do I earn enemies and get publicly chastised while at the same time I get dozens of secret emails from those that agree with me for the same reasons I was dumb enough to voice before. Genesis has a long way to go before I make that switch.

Two, I am not the only person to mention that a lot of the old runtime simply disappears once DS4 is open. Many people have mentioned in this forum and others that they put their scenes together in DS3 so they can find everything then open the all but draped and rendered scene in DS4 just for finish up, which looks like what I'll have to do here since the $400 job that is waiting on me to do a simple drape of the a Daz Dynamic dress is waiting on my to get Daz to answer their phone so I can get the files I paid for ... lol.

I don't mean to be dumping my frustration on ya'll, none of this, including my prejudice against the 'advancements and improvements' made to Daz over the last year-plus have tarnished my view a bit. I just get testy when my livelihood is being messed with. Even a few days of a product not doing what I paid for it to do affects not only publishing deadlines but my reputation as a freelance artist. I get a little melodramatic.

Anyway, I can't wait until Monday, so I guess I finish everything but the drape in DS3, then re-open the scene in DS4.5 to animate it, since that was the only version of the clothing control that was re-set.

Post edited by WillowRaven on