I am looking for real training.

dawgzangdawgzang Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I am looking for real training. I am getting extremely frustrated with the broken links and crazy installs. I would like to find someone willing to sit down with me and show me me some real training. I travel all over the west of US. I would like to meetup in your town if I am near. Please let me know if you are interested.

Would like help in Hexagon.
Would like help trying to understand and organize where my items are in DAZ 4.5

DZ

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Would love to be able to help but I am south east US.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Have you tried the tutorials over at geekatplay? Hexagon tutorials and DAZ Studio tutorials

They always do a great job and are quite easy to follow along pausing as you need.

• dawgzangdawgzang Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your replies.

Yes I have tried a few of those but for some reason during the tut my Hexagon is not doing what the geekatplays is doing. I stop/rewind/playlook for differences but can't figure out issue.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Open Hex, hit the help Menu. Select Tutorial and it takes you to this http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/hexagon/start
    Pick the Manual you prefer and Download it. Study this PDF as you like and follow it. You will learn more about Hex than you thought possible.

I hope this helps.

• info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

B
    L
    E
    N
    D
    E
    R

edited December 1969

James S said:
    B
    L
    E
    N
    D
    E
    R
    Also a good choice. But Blender offers features that are not supported in DS or Poser. So Hex is a good FREE starting program.
  • dawgzangdawgzang Posts: 16
    edited November 2012

Thanks everyone for your input, but I see this input in the other forums. Is anyone willing to sit down with me? I will travel to you if possible. I can pay for your time. Please post if this is something you would concider only.

Post edited by dawgzang on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

B
    L
    E
    N
    D
    E
    R
    Blender is free. Blender isn't riddled with bugs. Blender is constantly being developed and improved.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    B
    L
    E
    N
    D
    E
    R
    Blender is free. Blender isn't riddled with bugs. Blender is constantly being developed and improved.
    Last post, because I can not offer the OP the help asked for (I thought my post was valid). Blender is free but as I stated it has features a user might use that will not be supported by Daz Studio or Poser. Hexagon (also Free) has many tutorials and does not have features that are not supported. What is done in HEX will load into both. Just trying to point out that some users do not know what can and can not be used in the tools in Blender to get their work to be 100% in DS or Poser. Heck even HEX will break things if you do not understand what can and can not be done.

I'm done, My help is not needed and I'm sorry if my info or posting bothered anyone.
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    B
    L
    E
    N
    D
    E
    R

last bug report was at 300 - thank you

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

As this is the New Users Help forum can the people posting please keep on Topic. The OP is asking for help in Hexagon.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I suppose I have a different view of what is a bug and what is a 'quirk'. Using only the latest stable release versions of Blender I have never encountered a fatal, crash to desktop bug with Blender like I did with Hexagon. As far as compatibility, with BMesh deactivated meshes created in Blender are more likely to work in Poser or Studio than less likely. And sorry chohole, Hexagon (and your baby Bryce for that matter) are dead end programs.

• Glampfire GirlGlampfire Girl Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I totally empathize. I wish I could find a Daz Studio 4.5 tutor. I know that would save me a ton of time in the long run and motivate me to stick with it. I wish there were "Daz Weekends" like mini conferences for their different products that featured hands-on training or work marathons with Daz Professionals on hand to help as well as opportunities to meet other Daz product users and build this community and its resources even more.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I totally empathize. I wish I could find a Daz Studio 4.5 tutor. I know that would save me a ton of time in the long run and motivate me to stick with it. I wish there were "Daz Weekends" like mini conferences for their different products that featured hands-on training or work marathons with Daz Professionals on hand to help as well as opportunities to meet other Daz product users and build this community and its resources even more.

we are here - what you want to do that you can't ?

• Glampfire GirlGlampfire Girl Posts: 25
    edited November 2012

Sorry for the delay in replying. I appreciate your response. I'm having some trouble with the paths to load my non-Genesis format files in the Mac version of Daz 4.5 Paths that should work aren't working. Anyone else use the Mac version? I could post some screenshots soon if I don't figure it out.

Post edited by Glampfire Girl on