shapes for Genesis

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm having difficulty with V4-M4 shapes for Genises. I had it installed in Daz studio pro. I dont know what happened but it somehow disappeared. When I try to re- install it it comes up with this message: " V4 and M4 shapes for genesis has a dependency on another product and the required files could not be found in the chosen location".
I have no idea what that means or how the shapes for genesis was somehow corrupted and now won't let me re-install. Can anybody help and/or has anybody had this problem?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

These Shapes have to go in to the same location as Genesis was installed to. Have you moved any content around recently?

What OS and version of Daz Studio are you using and what is the version of the shapes as these have been updated Updated Genesis Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

• edited December 1969

I use daz studio pro 4.5.1.6. I checked out the updates. I have no idea what I'm reading. Where would I go to get the updates for the items. It doesn't say. I dont know. I think I'm going to go back to Poser as it is more intuitive and it's characters are getting equal to the genesis capabilities. Daz Studio is just not very intuitive. Good thing I got it for free.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Hi,, castaneda @@;

I know you feel difficulty to grab at new ds 4.5.1 update, and changes,
    (they write and make infomation almost only in forum or bug tracker.
    about user, what bag removed is of course important but more hope to know what change
    to use ds new ver as same as before,,)

but I think if you undersatnd clearly , you may like new ds 4.5.1so hope to you remove your prolbem.

Szark asked, and I want to check about some things.

1 have you ever installed new genesis essential products?

before the default contents come with daz stuido when you install ds, so you need not install it.
    but now daz offer the basic contents separated from daz studio 4.
    so you must need it to use ds 4.5.1

there must be genesis new essential content, in your Account dowonloadable product,
    if you can download ds 4.5.1 ver.

2 if you want to get new ver of the V4 and M4 shapes for genesis, (if the product version has updatade, and your product is old ver)
    open" you account" page ,then click "itemeized order history" you can serch your item which have downloaded from
    daz , and click Reset Download. about your case, you need V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis , reset,
    after that, in your downloadable product, there will be new ver of V4 and M4 shapes for genesis .

3 if you have installed genesis essential products, and you can use other morph shape without prolbem
    you need not reinstall the essential products again.

just confirm where is your "default contents directory"? as you know, when you install daz contents,
    you need to decide "default contents direcory" of course you can use default setting . (under mydoucments I think)
    if you set the directory when install genesis (genesie essential products) , , you must need set same directory..

after that installer auto install files in each folda under the default contents direcory
    so you just need to decide "default content direcoty" and keep same as when you install genesis essential products.

(it is better, before you use default, no need to change setting, but just confirm which has not changed
    sometimes I install old items , they lost the default location I think,, so I memorize, where is my default content directory,
    with full path)

i think more you write detail (about everything you know), othe people can serch and find the answer easy..
    so is there any problem about genesis in ds 4.5.1? the shape is OK?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

castaneda said:
    I use daz studio pro 4.5.1.6. I checked out the updates. I have no idea what I'm reading. Where would I go to get the updates for the items. It doesn't say. I dont know. I think I'm going to go back to Poser as it is more intuitive and it's characters are getting equal to the genesis capabilities. Daz Studio is just not very intuitive. Good thing I got it for free.
    I am refering to undated Content no the software. 4.5.1.6 is the most up to date public release.

Do you have an Account here, did you download the software form the store? Yws then all the updated products can be downloaded from your Account page.

First go the Itemsied Order History, locate your content (one at a time) and hit reset. Download the updated content.

If you have not bought anything yet then forget about this.

You choise is your choice I would never try to sway you.

• edited December 1969

Hey, thanks for your replies. Yes I had to download Genesis essentials before I could install content to Daz 4. It worked beautifully. Thanks again. I just didn't know I had to download the essentials, which was in my accounts page at Daz. That's cool. Again. Thanks.