this product called pure casual hair said it was poser compatible

estheresther Posts: 608
edited June 2012 in The Commons

on the software page. But after I installed it I found that it was DS only.

Image removed by a moderator till resized…please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just checked... it's still listed as Poser compatible on the product page... I would request a refund. From now on I would also check the "What's Included & Features" tab to make sure there are Poser files included. This particular hair states it only has DS file formats, which is a bummer.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping they just missed the poser file zip? Maybe not hey.
    Okay _ i will have to get a refund.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Several of the Pure hair products have been DS only, though others have had gen 4 versions. Unfortunately the compatibility and required product markings are not reliable at the moment.

edited December 1969

okay, well I put in a ticket. I guess I will need to get a refund. Pity. that hair looked quite nice.
    love esther

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I generally look at the "What's Included & Features" tab as well to see what's including because even in the past the Poser/DS wasn't indicative of what's in the product. Looking at the tab on that product only lists the DSF and no mention of poser material settings, which usually indicates that there isn't a HR2 for poser.

edited December 1969

I have bought tons of stuff from daz in the past and this is the first time I have seen this problem, but it may just be that now there is a lot more stuff that isn't poser compatible. Anyway I will take your advice and I won't be so quick to throw things into my cart as I used to be.
    Love esther