Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle disappointment

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited October 2012 in The Commons

While I generally don't do nude renders, I do find the fact that now DAZ is offering the Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle somewhat disappointing since I think I own all of the products in the bundle, bought separately or in other bundles, but don't have access to the genitalia. If they will never be sold separately, then a whole lot of people will have to purchase the same content again to get them. Hardly seems fair.

Post edited by TheWheelMan on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

This bundle includes:
    Michael 5
    Victoria 5
    Genesis Male Geo-Grafted Genitalia
    Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia
    Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs
    Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs
    Genesis Evolution: Expressions
    Genesis Evolution: Muscularity

At least that is what the blurb says.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    This bundle includes:
    Michael 5
    Victoria 5
    Genesis Male Geo-Grafted Genitalia
    Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia
    Genesis Evolution: Head Morphs
    Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs
    Genesis Evolution: Expressions
    Genesis Evolution: Muscularity

At least that is what the blurb says.

Exactly, but what he's saying is that he already owns most of those products and doesn't want to re-buy them just to get the genitalia.

And I agree with that. To this very day no one can obtain Mike & Vickie's "special treasures" without having to spend bundle money. I was gladly willing to and very much did so when the V5 & M5 Pro Suites came out. But not everyone has that kind of money or that kind of intention to make those investments;

edited December 1969

Ahh.. I though there was a confusion since they are already included in the individual bundles as well.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Basically, I think it would 'a nice' thing that if you have bought at least the equivalent value of the parts of the bundle then you should have the option to 'upgrade' to the bundle...

Because I'm assuming that all the individual pieces were bought long enough ago, returning them isn't an option.

One thing I've learned over the years with DAZ (especially when dealing with base characters/figures)...unless you absolutely need something, wait a few weeks/months...it will probably be in a bundle.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I have both figures and all the Evolution sets as well, mostly bought at different times. It's particularly annoying because we've been told time and again, when this subject's been brought up, that the V5/M5 bits will only ever be available in one of the pro bundles — which I never bought because (a) I couldn't afford them at the time, and (b) I just wasn't interested in a lot of the stuff DAZ had chosen to put into the bundles. Extremely annoying.

So, how about it, DAZ? Are we stuck yet again by a change of mind we've been assured many times would never happen, just because we haven't bought everything in one bundle all at once?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I have both figures and all the Evolution sets as well, mostly bought at different times. It's particularly annoying because we've been told time and again, when this subject's been brought up, that the V5/M5 bits will only ever be available in one of the pro bundles — which I never bought because (a) I couldn't afford them at the time, and (b) I just wasn't interested in a lot of the stuff DAZ had chosen to put into the bundles. Extremely annoying.

So, how about it, DAZ? Are we stuck yet again by a change of mind we've been assured many times would never happen, just because we haven't bought everything in one bundle all at once?

Yep, everything you said is exactly my situation and I agree totally.

edited December 1969

Are we stuck yet again by a change of mind we’ve been assured many times would never happen

You mean are they going to change their mind from the original decision (made before V5 came out) not to sell the gens alone? Doubtful. For one thing they couldn't do ANY promo images of the products so the product would be a big blank space with a price tag.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

SOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daz, my dear Daz, are you people seriously NUTS?

First off, this new bundle should have been offered a LONG time ago. I mean, this bundle is perfectly timed for the new Poser/genesis users. But what about me who's been using Genesis for over a year and has already bought all of the pieces of the current bundle individually.? I guess I am left out in the cold. Not right!

So for me to spend another $124 just to gain some genitals is well.......freaky. I aint that desperate!!!!!!!!!! Mamma aint raised no fool!!!!!!!!

Obviously, preventing the gens from ending up in the wrong hands is paramount. No one under 18, no use in scenes with young or child-like looking characters. Obviously.

But rather than to deal with the real issues of lawful usage. Daz has instead decided to hide the acquisition of the gens within over priced bundles as if price alone will keep the crazies away. So basically, the only deterrent is the price. Price is not an obstacle for the crazies. The message Daz is sending with the current approach is that Daz doesnt care how you use the gens, as long as you overpaid for them.

Bad. Bad Bad of Daz. YOU ARE SENDING THE WRONG MESSAGE!!!!!!!!!

Here's the truth:
    1. Daz owes a debt to all Genesis users, not just the most recent Poser converts. Daz owes it to all of us to make the gens affordable to all of us.Period.
    2. Along with the current bundles, The gens need to be sold as a separate product. Otherwise, no one will buy them.
    3. Gens though important, are not worth another $124. Get over yourselves, Daz!!!!!!!! If it remains this difficult to purchase, I will just continue to do without them. Another lost sale for Daz.

SOLUTION:
    1. Create a new product called the "Gen 5 Adult Bundle."
    2. Just like the Carrara 8 Pro upgrade where users must call Daz directly to arrange the download, so would be the Gen 5 Adult Bundle. One would need to call Daz directly.
    3. Users who inquire by phone will be given a contract via email. This contract will state the unique usage guidelines for this product. Only once the email has been agreed upon and returned can the sale be completed. This contract will ensure that no one under age 18 purchases the gens and that purchasers dont break the law in how they use the genitals in scenes. The contract could even be art of the product page. Honestly, there's nothing to hide from the public....its about keeping our kids safe while still keeping the store's doors open. It's not rocket science.
    4. And then like magic, an old time Genesis user like myself can finally afford the stupid toast so I can make my own textures.

or....

You could make the gens free for anyone who has already purchased the items offered in the current bundle. Seems fair to me.

Figure it out Daz. Again, I am a loyal but disappointed customer. Dont screw me around.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Daz should sell the Genitals with a cheaper bundle......or a seperate product. Those bundle prices are too steap for most and too be honest, the Genitals are not even that great.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I'm actually kinda the opposite. I don't want or need genitals, as I do not do nude renders. I'd love barbie versions of characters to be sold which are genital-less, since I don't need extra morphs or skins cluttering up my runtime.

This way, those who want genitals characters which have them, those that don't, can have what they want.

• cole4965cole4965 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

I feel it is a huge marketing blunder no to sell the genitals separately. I am a Poser user and purchase and have purchased a great deal of product here and else but of course didn't have any Genesis product until the new system was developed. Frankly I won't be purchasing any more until the genitals are sold separately.

• cole4965cole4965 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Thanks for input. Wonder if that works in Poser if I purchased at the other site? In other words if it is DSON Importer friendly.

• MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
    edited December 1969

So what does "geo-grafted" even mean? I'm having a hard time finding out what the difference between the regular gens and the geo-grafted ones.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

GeoGrafting merges the edges of the new mesh with the existing mesh and hides the old mesh that was behind the new, allowing holes and dents without having to move the base mesh out of the way or use a pose to hide it.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

GeoGrafting merges the edges of the new mesh with the existing mesh and hides the old mesh that was behind the new, allowing holes and dents without having to move the base mesh out of the way or use a pose to hide it.

Wow, that is really cool! I was always curious about what geocrafting was :-P

edited December 1969

cole4965 said:
    Thanks for input. Wonder if that works in Poser if I purchased at the other site? In other words if it is DSON Importer friendly.

Do they list the type of files included in the product?

• Starfish42Starfish42 Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

Does this mean the genitalia has actually been updated and corrected for use in Poser? If so, it would have been nice if someone from Daz would SAY SO.

Hmmm - have just reset and redownloaded the genitalia - yes, they now seem to work in Poser Pro 2012. I repeat - it would be nice if we were told what was happening.

And on a similar point, why is there no read-me for the genitalia, just so we know what we've got and where to look for it?

Question - has the Philip texture been revamped? There is Hairy for Philip genitals, but not a hairy skin texture for M5. Do I need to redownload M5? I repeat - would Daz please talk to us!

I am somewhat pissed off again at the M5-V5 Bundle. I ended up buying the V5 Pro Suite and and M5 Pro Bundle because we were told genitalia would only ever be available in them. So I got a load of stuff I suspect I'll never use. Now the genitalia and basics are available $$$$ cheaper.

Just realised that I'm still within my 30 days - presumably I can scrap the two bundles and just get this new bundle...

Post edited by Starfish42 on
    edited December 1969

...Just realised that I'm still within my 30 days - presumably I can scrap the two bundles and just get this new bundle...

I think you should do just that if you don't need the extras in the two separate bundles. At the worst you can use the difference in price to buy some things you actually do want.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Still no textures for the female gens in Poser? I updated to version 1.5- and they are there-but I cannot find a texture-just flat grey.

edited December 1969

Still no textures for the female gens in Poser? I updated to version 1.5- and they are there-but I cannot find a texture-just flat grey.

Did you check the Materials folder?

edited December 1969

Yes- AND poses

Did you check the Materials folder?

edited December 1969

It probably wouldn't be in Poses anyway. Genesis doesn't work in the same way as the older characters.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Try applying the Torso map to the genitals.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Nope! V5 Bree Torso-applies to everything-except the gens. Then Poser2012 Freezes.

Coldrake said:

Coldrake

• Starfish42Starfish42 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've just experimented. The female genitalia loads, but there appears to be no texture anywhere for the female genitalia. With M5's toast I was able to find the texture maps and start building up a workable texture, but I cannot find any texture maps anywhere of any form for the female genitalia. Nor are there any templates anywhere, as far as I can see. Textureless genitals are no good for anything.

And of course, due to Daz' infamous coyness, you can't even check on other commercially available skin-textures to see if they are properly put together. (One of my pet dislikes is the current tendency for male and female figures to have shaven genitalia. There is generally no way of knowing whether textures from Daz are shaved or otherwise, so I rarely buy them.)

There are other issues I still haven't seen addressed - forced limits and scaling in particular. Please, Daz, will you actually talk to us about what is happening! If you want to sell Genesis to Poser users, you have to make it work properly in Poser.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I think your problem with the textures may come down to UV map switching. I believe the genitals have a different default mapping than Genesis that can be switched in Studio but not Poser yet.

edited December 1969

And the answer comes from DavidGB
    "quote author=“DavidGB” date=“1351910750”]And the actual texture file, if you are looking for it, is runtime:textures:DAZ:Characters:MilWom:V5:FemaleGenitaliaTexture.jpg - again in the runtime you installed the Genesis, V5 and female genitalia to. Again, it is just for the actual vagina - the rest of the gens figure just takes the torso texture."

We Poser users did NOT get this texture. I just searched my Computer. Zip NADA! COME on Daz! Please fix this! Poser users Do NOT get
    " V5:FemaleGenitaliaTexture.jpg "

I've just experimented. The female genitalia loads, but there appears to be no texture anywhere for the female genitalia. With M5's toast I was able to find the texture maps and start building up a workable texture, but I cannot find any texture maps anywhere of any form for the female genitalia. Nor are there any templates anywhere, as far as I can see. Textureless genitals are no good for anything.

And of course, due to Daz' infamous coyness, you can't even check on other commercially available skin-textures to see if they are properly put together. (One of my pet dislikes is the current tendency for male and female figures to have shaven genitalia. There is generally no way of knowing whether textures from Daz are shaved or otherwise, so I rarely buy them.)

There are other issues I still haven't seen addressed - forced limits and scaling in particular. Please, Daz, will you actually talk to us about what is happening! If you want to sell Genesis to Poser users, you have to make it work properly in Poser.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited November 2012

Nope! V5 Bree Torso-applies to everything-except the gens. Then Poser2012 Freezes.

Coldrake said:

Coldrake

The female gens is a separate figure. Select it first, then apply the Bree texture materials preset which should apply the torso texture, just like Coldrake mentioned. There is no "separate" gens texture that I can locate that was installed the new gens installer: 13497_GenesisFemaleGenitalia_1.4_trx.exe. I'll check the old installer and see if there was one in it as mention earlier. I've been rebuilding my content library from scratch and the 1.4 material preset for DS4 only applies the Bree torso map.

Edit: From my observations, the older 1.1 gens installer from 12/2011 I have installs one texture: FemaleGenitaliaTexture.jpg. It is missing from the 1.4 installer as the DS Gens material preset does have a call to load FemaleGenitaliaTexture.jpg. I'm not getting an error message though. The texture is pink and mottled which I'm sure is used to color the "female bits" that you can see when you open it up with the "Separate" morph.

Post edited by Lindsey on