Perfect Lanscape sunset/sea/beach picture.

FhaloFhalo Posts: 42
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi

Has a small project. I want to do a simple perfect sunset/sunrise sea, beach picture. Like one of the following photos:-

http://www.pxleyes.com/blog/2009/06/100-stunning-sunset-and-sunrise-photos/

I'm assuming that this question have been asked before.

I'll check again tutorials in this forum.

Just wonder if anyone have any tips, videos etc.

Comments

• silk_99cfbbf5d0silk_99cfbbf5d0 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Well, that was certainly enough pics on sunsets. Now that we what one is, haha {A bit of sarcasm there}

Some of them are quite do-able in Bryce, others are well dependent on your skill set. And finally others are just plain easier to do in another app.

I guess it depends on where you are skill wise and time wise. On what your going to accomplish.

As for having a low sun that is visible, Control + Alt click on the icon at top of screen that looks like a sun and while buttons are held down click where you want it to appear in your scene.

Buildings are just basic blocks at it primitive level, so play around and see what you can create. Take advantage of combining the cubes using booleans.

If you don't have the lastest version of Bryce get it, instancing will help with the vegetation.

Most of all have fun and when you do get stuck, post a screen shot and someone will help.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

OK, here's a start... I'll try and progress this a bit further as time permits Bryce 10 minute skylab project - basic sunset effect - a tutorial by David Brinnen

It may seem easy enough just to pick out a preset that looks like this, but more importantly I've laboured over using the controls so that you can recreate the effect you desire.

Sunset1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 375K
    edited December 1969
    Sunset2.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 382K
    edited December 1969
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Fantastic render, David...but the rocks look a little too shiny...and you left out the seagulls...there's always seagulls around...waiting to ruin your day (usually by taking a dump on your head as you're about snap the pic of the awesome sunset...)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

David's 3 videos are very worthwhile watching, I can only recommend them.

• FhaloFhalo Posts: 42
    edited November 2012

Great!

That is what I like about this forum and Bryce.
    I'm watching the video now.

Once I finish (I hope) the project I'll upload it to devart or this forum.

I'm using Bryce 7 Pro.

I'll still see myself as new user.

Thanks again

Post edited by Fhalo on
    edited December 1969

Hi

If I got time I'll also upload WIP. If anyone is interested.

edited December 1969

Hi

Is it possible to create HDRI file without the HDRI convertor?

edited December 1969

Fhalo said:
    Hi

Is it possible to create HDRI file without the HDRI convertor?

Yes, in your Bryce 7 Pro content you will find four tutorials by Horo explaining how this can be done. Each method has it's merits and its difficulties. You just need to determine which is appropriate for your needs.

edited December 1969

Great!

Found it.

Will be speading Friday night reading about HDR. So that, (I hope) create the perfect sunrise/sunset :)