Freebie H.U. - Facility Sci-fi set with P9 lighting and P4 version.

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Created by seachnasaigh and MrSparky, here's a free detailed sci-fi set for Poser (and other apps) which comes in two flavours...

One for Poser 9 and all versions of Poser that supports the new emit light feature.

One for eariler versions of Poser and other apps.

The P9 version contains both a prop (.PP2) and .PZ3 scene with everything ready to go, including all the parts, information and instructions needed to make this work with the new lighting system work

The P4 version contains the same models and a few extra parts. Including a security section and consoles not in the P9 set. This version does NOT contain any lighting props, shaders or P9 based materials.

Plus theres templates (excluding lights) and full details of how this works, limitations and other important stuff in the readme file. !! Note: Unlike most readmes this one does need to be read before using!! :)

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time such a set with Poser 9 lighting has been created and released for free. Also a very big big thanks to seachnasaigh who did all the amazing lighting work on this model.

http://www.poserdirect.com/freebie.html

Please note for a short time the actual download will be exclusive to CP. Thats to say thanks to their team for giving me a free copy of P9. After that, it'll be avaliable at my site and other places.

Comments

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Wow! This looks amazing, guys - many thanks!! :)

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Thnx mrsparky! Very nice set

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Looks pretty cool!

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sparky!

I can't go download it now, but tomorrow. Oh yes.

:coolsmile:

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Thank You :~D

• KalypsoKalypso Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Looks great, thank you very much!

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or can you not "buy" a free item from poser direct unless you pay for the extended download service?

edited December 1969

You can remove the extended download service from your cart by clicking on the rubbish bin next to it.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kalypso said:
    You can remove the extended download service from your cart by clicking on the rubbish bin next to it.

I tried that and also tried to zero it out but it didn't work. I swapped to Firefox instead of Safari and it worked, not sure why it didn't with Safari though.

Thanks for the set, looks great.

• EpithumiaEpithumia Posts: 4
    edited June 2012

Older versions of Firefox had trouble with the cart dustbin too.

--

Thanks, for the set, Mr Sparky.

The premade .pz3 renders as advertised. The P4 version loads fine too.

I'm afraid there is a problem with missing .obj files in the P9 library version, though.

I know the readme says this is Poser being pernickety about the path, but with all thanks the freebie, I don't think these files are in the zip file at all.

Note the files with unchecked boxes: these are the missing ones.
    (Ignore the fact that you can't see the whole list - the ones off the bottom of the window are all valid.)

temp.jpg
    536 x 1200 - 235K
    Post edited by Epithumia on
  • mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Kalypso - thanks for helping Loaar here.
    -------
    Loaar - are you using a mac? I gather that can make a difference though it can be the same on a PC.
    Like I can't remove the "insurance" at CP using IE, but can using firefox.

Also remember you don't need the CP insurance on freebies. If you need a repeat download of a freebie there, just 'buy' it again and remove the download service during purchase. Plus its important to note contary to popular belif that if you do pay for CP insurance the artist does not recive anything.

PS: Glad you liked the freebie.
    -------
    BTW - just to clarify. That "insurance" is only at content paradise not my site. At Poserdirect and Sparkyworld most of the freebies are direct downloads. It's only the odd few that need to be downloaded from other sites, such as Chris's mega-cool gunhed model.

Epithumia - thanks for that info - let me check that out and I'll post back in a bit.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:

Also remember you don't need the CP insurance on freebies. If you need a repeat download of a freebie there, just 'buy' it again and remove the download service during purchase. Plus its important to note contary to popular belif that if you do pay for CP insurance the artist does not recive anything.

I wouldn't pay for the insurance anyway. I think that most vendors, if you provide proof that you bought the product, are nice enough to give you another download if needed. This is one of the SM policies that makes me buy almost nothing from CP other than occasional First Friday deals

• xantorxantor Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Great. thank you. :-)

• trumarcartrumarcar Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

Fantabulous!! Thank you very much.:-)

edited December 1969

Epithumia - just ran through this and can see whats happened here.

I know P9, PP2010 and PP2012 can sometimes struggle with spaces in filenames. Apparently the issue relates to the search settings, which I have no idea on how to change. Hence the line in the read me.

Figured simplest way was to change the filenames, which meant the material lab-tab couldn't see them. So I went back to an eariler version, which unfortunately didn't have those OBJ's in the new runtime structure. I've now added those files and updated the zip. That should remove any bugs, but for best results I'd say use the preset just in case.

Though I'm not surprised this happened. In fact I'm surprised theres not more issues with it. I don't just mean the simple pathing/file mistakes that can creep in when you blend runtimes from 2 artists, but the whole new way of lighting in P9. It's an incredibly complex system to setup, use and understand. Certainly takes ages to render with it.

Indeed I think without seachnasaigh's help, I couldn't have done it all. So I think we should all say a big thanks to him for putting in such an amazing amount of effort into this.

edited December 1969

Alisa: The free approach is the one I've always taken.
    Equally I can see why CP does that and also why customers don't like it.

Though at least it's not as bad as some companies. Needed some help from a large video software company recently and despite the crew I'm working for having a stupidly expensive full monty package. The video company said the only way to get help was to buy support tickets online at 8 quid (plus tax) for each 1/2 hour of support.

Can you imagine if all the poser sites did that or treated customers like airlines do. Now thats a big scary monster:)

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited June 2012

Thank you soooo much for this terrific scifi set, MrSparky and seachnasaigh!
    Love your freebies!!! :) :)

Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
    edited December 1969

Should we redownload the P9/PP2012 version?

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Possibly a dumb question: will this groovy looking freebie work in Daz Studio?

edited December 1969

Kalypso - you can re-download if you want to.
    Though as the bug only affected the P9 prop, it'd be quicker to parent everything to the floor and save the model back to the props library.
    ---------------------
    SteveM17 - Not a dumb question at all, the P4 version most certainly will work fine in all versions of studio.
    Can't say the same for the P9 version as thats got extra bits to make the P9 lighting system work.

Though remember when you load any poser model into studio (not just this one) sometimes you might need to tweak the materials to get super duper quality. Heres an example of what I mean here....

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1157/

...also please remember thats not a flaw with the model, poser or studio. Just how these apps read each others files differently. Kinda like trying to fit a vauxhall steering wheel to a ford.