Where to ask to get a "scene file"

UkyuuUkyuu Posts: 182
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

I brought content of a japanese town, (Edo Vol 3) but things won't load "in place," and being strictly no good at positioning things inside the buildings (I absolutely don't get what is supposed to go where) I'd like to know if someone could tell me how to contact the vendor or where to find people to pay for putting the buildings / props in place.

Thank you very much,

Ukyuu.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where did you buy it from, and who made it, and what format is it in?

What software are you trying to load it into, DAZ Studio? If so, which version?

• UkyuuUkyuu Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

Oh, I am sincerely sorry for not being precise enough.

So I brought it from DAZ shop here :http://www.daz3d.com/shop/old-japanese-town-edo-vol3
    The vendor is : Sugatak, so I suppose he is the one who made it.

I'm with DAZ 4.5.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

There is a link to the vendor's site in the readme, at the end of the notes section. I can't recall if he's made a PZ3 to load the whole scene - I think so.

edited November 2012

Isn’t the readme only visible once when the setup finish ?

Post edited by Ukyuu on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Ukyuu said:
    Isn't the readme only visible once when the setup finish ?
    Yes indeed. That is why I like Zip files as you can dig out the readme before installing.

Can I ask why you find positioning props hard? I find it one of the most easiest things to do in Daz Studio. I find uising the Orthorgraphic cameras (Top, front etc) to be of value when placing props.

As Richard said though I would be surprised if there is not a preset for loading all the itmes in place, a Scene preset for a lack of a better name.

edited December 1969

Okay, found it and even found the ".pp2" where it's fully loaded among the files on my computer.

I don't know why it doesn't show in the DAZ Studio... plus I have mass random crash so I'm advancing slowly at understanding the software.

@Szark

Well, I am very new to positioning things around and so on, but generally I'd say it's quite easy indeed.

However in this particular product, the difficulty comes from my lack of reference as to where each things is supposed to be. I mean, the picture provided didn't showed everything in place so I was totally lost as to how reconstruct the village.

There is no pz3 (thank you richard for telling me this is positions files) nor was there anything in the DAZ content library that was telling me where to place the object. And therefore it was a mess. Added to that the fact that DAZ has random crash (I updated a known bug issue non-resolved with the files of DAZ since I have lots crashes) learning the software is a bit slower than it should be.

Positioning on itself is simple and intuitive. I think that the problem here isn't with the software but with the product with basically doesn't have a "scene preset" included when it has rather complexes complete sets of buildings with props inside. Then again, it's not a "problem" more an issue for total beginners.I believe this kind of problems will happen less and less often as I learn the ways of manipulating it.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I don't have volume 3, but I got volumes 1 & 2 in another marketplace. They both have PZ3 scene files included. You might try using your computers search function, it might have been place somewhere not obvious

edited November 2012

I really wanted to buy these two volumes. But they are nowhere to be found now :/ I can only find them for poser which isn't of much help.

I need a large scene of a pretty big japanese town, but I can't seem to make one, so for now I brought one of the two castle, and this volume, hopefully, someday, he'll put the rest back, or I'll find other japanese resources.

Post edited by Ukyuu on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited November 2012

They are available at Renderosity. Can't they be used in Daz?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/old-japanese-town-edo-vol1/83117

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

Just did a quick check in DS 4.5
    It works fine.

edov1.jpg
    600 x 375 - 24K
    edited December 1969

Oh, thank you so very much !