Girl 5, Freak 5 - coming soon?

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Out of curiosity has any one looked at the promo pics for True Love product yet? as thinking of that and this thread when I saw those pics.

Don't forget that Hitomi is not a DAZ original so, I suspect we will see an Aiko 5 at some point with various DAZ purchasing options for her like Hiro 5 is getting.

I looked at the promos, there is H5, Hitomi, Jason, Amy, Jasmin, M5 and V5. Don´t see any Aiko 5 anywhere. Thought I did, but it turned out to be Hitomi.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited October 2012

I hate to discourage any creation of a male figures, since that is what I like best, but really is there a market for David 5? The reason I'm saying this, is I bought the genesis version a while ago, and never use him. =-( He languishes in my runtime. No accessories, skins, or anything were ever made for him. He was just a genesis bodytype. I just don't use him, sad to say, not when there is so much more for Michael.

I don't really think of Steph or David as teens really. To me they are just thinner/petiter characters. Are they supposed to be teenagers? Their faces with the exception of a few skins I've seen in the store, seem at least 20 to me, and some of the faces for david could be any age.

I like Steph for a few of her darker mid tone skins. But I always make her taller. And the curvier body is great. I'd love a she freak too, and a freak.

Girl, I don't care for, but I don't care for toons.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:

First off there is only one Generation 5 base figure, and that's Genesis, every other character DAZ makes for it is nothing more than a character morph and texture set, no different to any of the other sets that are available for every other figure though out the Poserverse.

Actually that's not true. Yes, Genesis is the base figure for the other DAZ figures/shapes, (like the unimesh was for gen 4) but there's a lot more to them, (and a lot more work) than just a morph and new textures.

westonmi wrote:
    She has morphs specific to her shape for things like closing her eyes. These morphs do not have visible dials, but they are tied into visible dials so that when you have the V5 shape and you use the dial to close her eyes it will be V5's eye closing morphs that will be applied. All the Genesis shapes have this while characters do not. So there is a lot going on that isn't readily visible.

Also, V5 and M5 (and S5 etc) have more detail, more morphs, new uv's and have weight mapping specifically tweaked for them.

Coldrake

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Out of curiosity has any one looked at the promo pics for True Love product yet? as thinking of that and this thread when I saw those pics.

Don't forget that Hitomi is not a DAZ original so, I suspect we will see an Aiko 5 at some point with various DAZ purchasing options for her like Hiro 5 is getting.

Jay_NOLA said:

My point exactly! That's why it doesn't make sense that a DAZ Icon who's already partnered with another character would suddenly become's the partner of a completely new character. Though, something I must confess. I do now seem to recall that someone ONCE said, I THINK it was one of the DAZ Team, themselves said that Hitomi was an attempt to broaden the DAZ Anime genre. If that's the case, then what could this mean for Aiko?

If we think about it. one of the key factors about Aiko is that she's always been a more relatively "realistic" style of anime girl, and was the inspiration of most of the Sci-Fi Mech and J-Pop Fantasy. in Gen 4 both her and Hiro took a bit of a more "Video Game" appeal. We all agreed that Hitomi was a big home-coming to the actual Anime-Toon style that was sorely missed in A3. So my guess is, if A5 is still coming, she'll continue to maintain that more "Realistic Game" style. Again, just a thought... ;)

I hate to discourage any creation of a male figures, since that is what I like best, but really is there a market for David 5? The reason I'm saying this, is I bought the genesis version a while ago, and never use him. =-( He languishes in my runtime. No accessories, skins, or anything were ever made for him. He was just a genesis bodytype. I just don't use him, sad to say, not when there is so much more for Michael.

I don't really think of Steph or David as teens really. To me they are just thinner/petiter characters. Are they supposed to be teenagers? Their faces with the exception of a few skins I've seen in the store, seem at least 20 to me, and some of the faces for david could be any age.

I like Steph for a few of her darker mid tone skins. But I always make her taller. And the curvier body is great. I'd love a she freak too, and a freak.

The very same could be said for Stephanie. Is there really that much of a market for her? V5's Supermodel shape really slims and contours her greatly in the way that S4's special parameters did for V4. David 3 had some nice skins too. And the pectoral chest and lean proportions were great as well.

I wouldn't say they were made directly with older teens in mind, but S4 certainly proved to be quite the satisfactory substitute. S5 executes this fashion as well, VERY well. :)

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

V5 SM is very tall and very lanky. Not cute at all, more like an underfeed amazon.

If you want something similar to S5 you don't want to dial any SM I at all. You should look at V5 next to any S5 morph and you will see that. I can never add any V5SM to any character without it going into the unappealing zone. S5 on the other hand does a good job of shortening the ladies and keeping them natural and feminine.

edited December 1969

Please look at this reference render. See how V5SM and S5 are on opposite ends of the spectrum?

Yes there are ways to use V5 or even BF to get a Steph5 like figure, but using V5SM isn't a direct route at all LOL. Notice the huge difference in hips, S5 has them and V5SM doesn't. V5SM has noticeable ABS, and S5 has softer definition.

girl_compairision.jpg
    1371 x 880 - 141K
    edited December 1969

That's why it doesn't make sense that a DAZ Icon who's already partnered with another character would suddenly become's the partner of a completely new character.

I think it is obvious - Hiro 5 cheats on Aiko with Hitomi... %-P Bad Hiro! :lol:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

News7 did a piece on Hiro who has a grisly divorce with Aiko, but he is nonetheless moving on :-P

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6801/P240

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    News7 did a piece on Hiro who has a grisly divorce with Aiko, but he is nonetheless moving on :-P

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6801/P240

And is happy with Hitomi, who is A5's replacement. ;-P

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

+1 for a Genesis She-Freak (with a better name, too). Maybe the market isn't big enough for it? I converted the Gen4 version with GenX, and I've gotten some lovely results. It's very different from simply adding the bodybuilder morph to a female figure.

I'm not much into toons either, but I've found that dialing in just a tiny bit of a toon can make for some interesting realistic figures. I picked up the Gen4 version of The Girl during the recent sale; it was worth it for just the skin texture.

edited November 2012

Add me to the SF 5 and F 5 wish. They are cool! However, I want a nice head to go with SF, I hated her generation 4 head!

Interestingly, I cant find that item anywhere. SF had a brute and manly head... I'm pretty sure that was SF unless I'm mistaken :S

• Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 479
    edited November 2012

I'm all for new genesis version of David (I guess it would be D4?)-- I find Stephanie 5 much more appealing/realistic than any V5... and I feel pretty much the same about M5, great for "ideal" or heroic characters but lacking in "well-built but still everyday" realism.

I also find Hitomi to be more my taste in anime style than the previous versions of Aiko.

pose9_HDRLS2.jpg
    667 x 1000 - 120K
    Post edited by Half Life on
    edited November 2012

Half Life said:
    I'm all for new genesis version of David (I guess it would be D4?)-- I find Stephanie 5 much more appealing/realistic than any V5... and I feel pretty much the same about M5, great for "ideal" or heroic characters but lacking in "well-built but still everyday" realism.

I also find Hitomi to be more my taste in anime style than the previous versions of Aiko.

A new David would be David5... The number refers to the figure generation, not the released number of versions of the character. I don't think David even existed in generation 2 and 1.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

+1 for a Genesis She-Freak (with a better name, too). Maybe the market isn't big enough for it? I converted the Gen4 version with GenX, and I've gotten some lovely results. It's very different from simply adding the bodybuilder morph to a female figure.

I'm not much into toons either, but I've found that dialing in just a tiny bit of a toon can make for some interesting realistic figures. I picked up the Gen4 version of The Girl during the recent sale; it was worth it for just the skin texture.

Interesting points, and something to consider. Didn't consider the Girl's skin might be fun. Also agree about renaming She Freak. It won't happen, but I never found either the freak or she freak that freakish... =-)

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:

Jay_NOLA said:

My point exactly! That's why it doesn't make sense that a DAZ Icon who's already partnered with another character would suddenly become's the partner of a completely new character. Though, something I must confess. I do now seem to recall that someone ONCE said, I THINK it was one of the DAZ Team, themselves said that Hitomi was an attempt to broaden the DAZ Anime genre. If that's the case, then what could this mean for Aiko?

If we think about it. one of the key factors about Aiko is that she's always been a more relatively "realistic" style of anime girl, and was the inspiration of most of the Sci-Fi Mech and J-Pop Fantasy. in Gen 4 both her and Hiro took a bit of a more "Video Game" appeal. We all agreed that Hitomi was a big home-coming to the actual Anime-Toon style that was sorely missed in A3. So my guess is, if A5 is still coming, she'll continue to maintain that more "Realistic Game" style. Again, just a thought... ;)

The very same could be said for Stephanie. Is there really that much of a market for her? V5's Supermodel shape really slims and contours her greatly in the way that S4's special parameters did for V4. David 3 had some nice skins too. And the pectoral chest and lean proportions were great as well.

I wouldn't say they were made directly with older teens in mind, but S4 certainly proved to be quite the satisfactory substitute. S5 executes this fashion as well, VERY well. :)

I am not disagreeing. I think the more characters particularly diverse ones which present different body types are great. I was just disappointed when I bought david 3, and there was nothing made for the poor guy at all. Stephanie however, seems a popular morph.

I have great use for Stephanie, even thought I was initially leery. Her bodyshape is useful, and I agree about her realism. I tend to dial her height up a bit, but I also like the shaders... Its great to be able to adjust her skintone in the way they did with the included shaders. I use those shaders a lot. Wish they were included with michael and other characters. Great stuff.

edited December 1969

Half Life said:

Great render. She does look very realistic.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Considering that DAZ is a business, and we can assume that their primary motivating factor is profit:

There will be an Aiko 5 if there is enough demand for her (and enough room in the product schedule to support another major Genesis character before the next generation begins). The same can be said of David 5, Freak 5, etc.

I'd guess that as long as H5 sells well, A5 is very likely to follow (even if the original planned A5 became Hitomi). So we'd have two major anime females and one male...considering that we're talking about anime, that's a pretty average gender ratio. ;-)

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

+1 for She-Freak 5. I think this one is already on it's way as R_Kane is working on a muscular female called Amozonia or some such like that.

+1 for Freak 5. But we don't really need one.

-1 on every other potential figure, especially another anime girl called Aiko 5. I'm happy with Hitomi who is, to me, Aiko 5.

edited November 2012

+1 on Luke&Laura; 5- YES WE DO NEED THEM, a long standing thread proves that!
    +1 on kids 5 - Like teens, basic youth is ridiculously basic, and lacks gen 5 support.
    +1 on David5 - We got steph5 come on now.

On Aiko, yeah fare enough. Hitomi is brilliant for that role.

I also agree, F5 and SF5 would be welcomed releases :)

edited November 2012

Debating on whether to say anything cause I don't wan to tick people off...

I think we have a lot of freakishly muscular men already, so the Freak would need to have some interesting elements to really bring value to the table. It is doable though.

I haven't tried to make a muscular female in several months. I've got 4 or 5 muscle mags for reference over the years from when I used to draw. They are all swimsuit editions that are really good references. Many of these women can have a good assortment of feminine curvy figures, without going into manly territory. They have muscles that are developed differently, different shapes and of course some of them not my type and very heavy weight extreme.

For SF5, I would like to see shapes based on these sorts of moderate figures and not just fantasy She-Hulks(or heavy weights for that matter). For SF4 I could barely tell the difference in figures unless they were all in the same scene. Granted its very easy to just dial in percentages, but because the extreme figures are shaped differently than how moderate fitness models are structured its really not the same thing.

Of course it's not my obsession otherwise I prolly could tweak to death and get something about right. I prolly should try with what I have anyway. I know SF4 wasn't designed for the casual fitness model admirer though, she's for those who want She-Hulk renders.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited November 2012

I support making of new versions of all previous Gen 3 and Gen 4 figures - Freak 5, Girl 5, David 5, Aiko 5, Kids 5, Teens 5 etc., simply everyone. The more, the better. :) But they should look different from Gen 3 and 4 versions, for whom we have Genesis shapes already, and have their own, fresh, interesting, distinct looks.

Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

I actually see no reason for a Girl 5.

The Girl 4 was a near exact replica of the original Girl. There is a Girl 4 bodyshape for Genesis. So what would a Girl 5 bring besides a minor tweak to the morph?

edited December 1969

I would simply like:

+1 to Toddler figure
    +1 to infant
    +1 to She/He Freak
    +1 to any form of elder... Or age morph for existing genesis.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Add me to the SF 5 and F 5 wish. They are cool! However, I want a nice head to go with SF, I hated her generation 4 head!

Interestingly, I cant find that item anywhere. SF had a brute and manly head... I'm pretty sure that was SF unless I'm mistaken :S

The Gen4 SF comes with 8 heads; I only found one I didn't care for; there's something weird going on between the upper lip and nose that seems off. The other seven are really useable. I just got Tough Ladies and Strong women working last night (I needed to install The Girl 4 and V4 Elite shapes first), and plan to convert them with GenX soon. That should give me a lot of strong females to play with.

edited December 1969

I would simply like:

+1 to Toddler figure
    +1 to infant
    +1 to She/He Freak

Some aging morphs would be very welcome. As far as infants go, this seems to be ok:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/baby-for-genesis .

This one is called a baby, but might work for a toddler:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-baby-for-genesis/95008 .

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited November 2012

I'd guess that as long as H5 sells well, A5 is very likely to follow (even if the original planned A5 became Hitomi). So we'd have two major anime females and one male...considering that we're talking about anime, that's a pretty average gender ratio. ;-)
    And he will! We speculated the same thing would happen if Hitomi sold well enough. Later this year she made it into the popular Genesis product sale. Hiro, though never as popular as Aiko, is still pretty big.

And yes, I welcome more core characters in more already supported genres! If we can have Stephanie AND Victoria, then we can most certainly have Hitomi AND Aiko! :-)

I support making of new versions of all previous Gen 3 and Gen 4 figures - Freak 5, Girl 5, David 5, Aiko 5, Kids 5, Teens 5 etc., simply everyone. The more, the better. :) But they should look different from Gen 3 and 4 versions, for whom we have Genesis shapes already, and have their own, fresh, interesting, distinct looks.

Exactly! That's what was supposed to be the whole points of Genesis, wasn't it? With Genesis' versatility, there is NO excuse why any type of character can't be supported. :)
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    I would simply like:

+1 to Toddler figure
    +1 to infant
    +1 to She/He Freak

Some aging morphs would be very welcome. As far as infants go, this seems to be ok:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/baby-for-genesis .

This one is called a baby, but might work for a toddler:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-baby-for-genesis/95008 .

Oops, my bad, I probably shouldn't have included infant. But I do have that... But there is absolutely nothing for him/her. Zip. No good poses (except what is included), no ethnicity, nada. I have been hankering for some genesis baby poses, since they are so different than toddler/child. Yeah, I can put genesis clothing on infant, but, to me infant clothing should be different. Plus, no real good baby hair.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited November 2012

I don't know WHAT Knight22179 is talking about.... really. *shrugs and looks innocent*

Amazona-StillBrewing.jpg
    739 x 647 - 183K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

It seems like he's mostly there as an autofit target. There was a reasonable amount of clothing out there for him that people want to reuse. He may also be a GenX target. A *lot* of people considered D3 superior to M3 (and may be right, if he was a later figure he may have more advanced technology. Steph 4 was a long way in advance of V4 -- being nearly 4 years newer) and have characters built on that base that they want to port over.

I think originally David and Stephanie were intended as young adults/college age figures. But I suspect that they were less marketed as an age target than as adventure figures. Most of their clothing is decidedly adventure oriented. And then Aiko was spun off from Stephanie and there was enough of a market for Anime style that It turned into its own niche.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Clueless, really...

Amazona-StillBrewing2.jpg
    739 x 647 - 191K