Anyone here good with Face Room?

squirtsquirt Posts: 151
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I'll pay money if need be.. I've got 3 good pictures of the face of a friend who wants to have his likeness turned into a figure.. I have a good frontal and two good (from opposite directions) profiles...

But you really have to have a knack for the Poser Pro Face Room or any other version of Poser from my experience.

I'd love to get this turned into a morph with texture for M4 or M3... But if I have to settle for Simon then ok. Anyone but Andy, he, he.

My personal email is [email protected] for serious considerations.

In any event, would sure love to have some help from you guys and girls as once again, I've never been any good at Face Room.:(

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

The face room is designed to work with the Poser included content. It may work with V4 or M4 but there are no guarantees.

• squirtsquirt Posts: 151
    edited October 2012

pwiecek said:
    The face room is designed to work with the Poser included content. It may work with V4 or M4 but there are no guarantees.

I know... A damned shame but true and that's why I included the name Simon in there.;)...

And if I could buy Poser out from underneath Smith Micro then I would in a Hong Kong minute and things like that would change immediately.;)

Post edited by squirt on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited December 1969

if you have Daz studio and use Genesis, try Facegen free version and the Genesis exporter demo by Singular inversions, leaves a insignia on forehead but postwork on the textures and morph brush on the geometry can sort of fix it (I bought it so not really tried)

• squirtsquirt Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

if you have Daz studio and use Genesis, try Facegen free version and the Genesis exporter demo by Singular inversions, leaves a insignia on forehead but postwork on the textures and morph brush on the geometry can sort of fix it (I bought it so not really tried)

Thanks Wendy... And I know about FaceGen.. But I don't use Daz.. I use Poser Pro2012. And I'm pretty sure that FaceGen doesn't support Poser at all... Because I've asked them. They told me that it could be done but that it was super complex... So if a FaceGen developer says that to me I pretty much know that I'm not going to be able to do that.

I think the only result from FaceGen conversions to Poser at present is a simple obj file which means you might as well mount the obj head on a statue's body because that's about all of the moving and expressions that you are going to be able to do with it.

So..... Anyone else know how to use Poser Face Room around here?

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Poser has advertised a feature that supposedly enables you to turn pictures into face room morphs. I have never seen anyone make this work properly. You would need pictures taken from exactly perpendicular from the face and side from exactly the same distance and exactly the same expression, same lighting angle, etc.. Even then, I doubt the results would be completely satisfactory. You would still be working within whatever limitations the Face Room software a places on the output. Textures would be hard to match, I suspect.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 2012

Squirt, here is your Genesis version :)

done in FaceGen... I just could not resist because those pictures are so perfect! It's the first time I've ever tried doing it.

aasquirt1.jpg
    492 x 603 - 39K
    aasquirt.jpg
    492 x 603 - 23K
    Post edited by wancow on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 2012

I haven't had great results, but the key is to have the pictures in identical scale and alignment, as in this picture:

http://www.phungdinhdung.com/Studies_paper/face_modeling_images/02_reference_image_match.jpg

Only the included Poser figures, the Mikis and Apollo Maximus work in the Face Room; Apollo can be downloaded here for free...

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

EDIT: Wancow, that's darned good! :)

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

squirt said:

Thanks Wendy... And I know about FaceGen.. But I don't use Daz.. I use Poser Pro2012. And I'm pretty sure that FaceGen doesn't support Poser at all... Because I've asked them. They told me that it could be done but that it was super complex... So if a FaceGen developer says that to me I pretty much know that I'm not going to be able to do that.

I think the only result from FaceGen conversions to Poser at present is a simple obj file which means you might as well mount the obj head on a statue's body because that's about all of the moving and expressions that you are going to be able to do with it.

So..... Anyone else know how to use Poser Face Room around here?

Actually, it does via DSON. Since you can now get Genesis into Poser.

edited December 1969

WandW said:

I really didn't do anything except move markers around the three photos. It's not a perfect rendition, but it's close enough that tweaking to get accuracy would be fairly easy.

I bought the FaceGen exporter a while back, $99 as I recall, which gets a Genesis head morph. The only real issue is that the eyes get misshapen from FaceGen... but that can be corrected with a little effort.

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    WandW said:

I really didn't do anything except move markers around the three photos. It's not a perfect rendition, but it's close enough that tweaking to get accuracy would be fairly easy.

I bought the FaceGen exporter a while back, $99 as I recall, which gets a Genesis head morph. The only real issue is that the eyes get misshapen from FaceGen... but that can be corrected with a little effort.
    If I may ask, at what point in the process do the eyes get misshapen: in FaceGen, after it's imported into DAZ, or after it's re-imported into Poser?

And which program do you use to correct it?