I have a question.

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi..

Anyone know about carra pro version?

pro version have a lip sinc? Or need buy Mimic Pro?

Thank you

Comments

• h1n0k4m1h1n0k4m1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As far as i know you will need to get mimic pro.
    but not 100% sure

• wcwilcoxwcwilcox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You need to get Mimic Pro.

There is a plugin for Carrara and a stand lone app.

The Carrara plugin will not save DMC files, but the stand alone will.

• edited December 1969

wcwilcox said:

Thank you.

Sad! The professional version $ 285.00 price and is unable to make the character speak.

This is professional?

The mimic costs + 99.00.

:(

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited October 2012

HI Radaeli

just as a comparison,..

Autodesk 3D studio Max. (professional 3D software) , doesn't have a built in lip sync solution, or a Plant creation system, or Volumetric clouds, or a Sky atmosphere system, and it doesn't have built in support for third party figures like Daz3D or Poser models,. it relies on you to be able to Model or create those things yourself,.. or to Purchase additional Plugins or tools to allow you to do what you want.

The price difference between Carrara and 3D-Max is HUGE,. so I'm not exactly sure what your point is,.

Either the "Complete" software should be under 500 dollars,...
    or,.. it should come (pre-loaded) with all possible third party plug-ins.

Carrara is completely capable of producing character animation using the traditional key-frame animation method.
    but,.. if you have built your own figures, and you want to add lip sync animation without the hours of work, then Mimic for Carrara will do that , and do it cheaply.

Daz Studio Pro,..(free) comes with a "Mimic Live" feature, built in, and you can use that to create lip-sync animations for Daz3D Figures, then import that animation into Carrara. but it won't work on your own custom built figures from carrara. It'll only work on Daz3D figures,..
    that's why Mimic for Carrara is a better solution, since it allow you to add lip-sync animation, easily, to figures you've created in carrara.

Daz3D regularly have Sales and Promotions. ...so the Price of Mimic for Carrara "Now" is not always the price of that plugin.
    I think I paid $50 for it, but I also have Mimic pro (stand alone application).

Keep an eye on sales in the run up to the holiday season.

Walt Disney didn't use any "Lip Syncing software" ..so, there's always the traditional method of animating.

Hope it helps :)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Andy, you sure suffer fools well!! :)

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

Radaeli said:
    wcwilcox said:

Thank you.

Sad! The professional version $ 285.00 price and is unable to make the character speak.

This is professional?

The mimic costs + 99.00.

:(

Today Carrara 8 Pro costs 171$ and mimic pro carrara is 60$, if you are a Platinum Club member.
    PC membership is 8$/month, but you get a 6$ coupon each month for the daz store, 12 months minimum.
    All other 3d apps like 3dsmax, maya, xsi, cinema4d, lightwave... cost 10-50 times more.
    Blender is free, your only option if ypou want a lower price than Carrara.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi kevin :)

They say,.. it takes one to know one.. LOL

:)

edited December 1969

Forgot the coupons, remove 35$ from above prices with the coupon codes here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shop

edited December 1969

Besides being half the price as mentioned above, in the pro version you also get content worth >200$, more details here:
    http://carraracafe.com/?page_id=2022/general-1/free-items-list-with-carrara-8-pro-purchase