Simple (I'm Sure!), But How Do I Set A Morph Target Dial For A Prop In DAZ Script? SOLVED

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

I'm doing an update to my 'Smart+ Prop' scripts to automagically apply a morph to the prop to adjust it for a particular figure.

The prop, a shield, has a single morph target (saved in the PP2 as deltas), and all I want to do is set the corresponding 'Fit Freak/Behemoth Hand' dial to 100%

The PoserPython mod was really simple, and I know the DAZ Script one is too. But I think the DAZ side of my brain has been fried by my Shader Mixer normals √(N*N)≠N problem (still unresolved!)....
:-S

By the way, it's a DSA script because it's got to work in DS3 as well as DS4.

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 1969

Solved, and yes it was simple...

oProp.getObject().getModifier(0).getValueChannel().setValue( 1.0 );

Found the answer in Semidieu's Change shapes value thread, also in the Developer Discussion forum. I'd confused myself because I'd started with a node, not an object (my oProp is a DzNode).

I don't think I'll go for the one-line solution I've given - a few checks as mentioned in the other thread are probably a wise future-proofing precaution.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,179
    edited December 1969

Take a look at DAZ Studio > v4.x > Reference Guide > Scripting > API Reference > Samples # Properties.

-Rob