Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I really wish there was a way to know if updates were genuinely updates, or just repackaging to bundle the Poser companion files that Studio-only users have no need of.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Do you have the version number for the updated Stalker Girl boots?

I just reset the Mavka bundle and am download the newer versions and updating them on the list.

if you get a list of the items that are updated please post them.

RAMWolff said:
    Not sure if this is mentioned but many of Smay's items are updated or on their way. Mavka items (character, outfit, hair and bundle) and the Stalker Girl boots are up!

It's 14546_StalkerGirlBoots_1.2_trx.exe and the Poser file is called: 14546_StalkerGirlBootsPoserCF_1.2_dpc.exe

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Thanks, just got the main list updated.

RAMWolff said:
    Jay_NOLA said:
    Do you have the version number for the updated Stalker Girl boots?

I just reset the Mavka bundle and am download the newer versions and updating them on the list.

if you get a list of the items that are updated please post them.

RAMWolff said:
    Not sure if this is mentioned but many of Smay's items are updated or on their way. Mavka items (character, outfit, hair and bundle) and the Stalker Girl boots are up!

It's 14546_StalkerGirlBoots_1.2_trx.exe and the Poser file is called: 14546_StalkerGirlBootsPoserCF_1.2_dpc.exe

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

cwichura said:
    I really wish there was a way to know if updates were genuinely updates, or just repackaging to bundle the Poser companion files that Studio-only users have no need of.

from what I saw so far . the ones who got updated to work with poser also were fixed and - notice also that most of the files are now with meta data already included inside un like before . meaning you only need to download one file .
    depending on the version of DAZ you are using you can know which one to install .

personaly never used poser but also glad about all this updated for poser users it means they can also enjoy Genesis items.
    and for us it means new fixed version

Post edited by RedHeadLilith on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

As an FYI...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gnome-for-genesis

Gnome for Genesis :D

edited December 1969

Do you have the version number for it?

Valandar said:
    As an FYI...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gnome-for-genesis

Gnome for Genesis :D

edited October 2012

A very small and quick update.

Was going to wait andd post a larger one, but 2 things got updated that people have been asking about in various forum threads.

Added & Updated 10-27-2012

Anime Nurse Textures (1.1)
    Anime Nurse Uniform for Genesis (1.2)
    Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia (1.5) (DSON)
    Genesis Male Geo-Grafted Genitalia (1.2) (DSON)
    Pure Hair Crazy (1.1) (DSON)
    Pure Hair Lovely (1.1) (DSON)

Update Notes:

Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle doesn't have the 1.5 version of Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia in it. I sent in a support ticket to have it updated.

Tamesis Bundle had the 1.1 trx PC & Mac file for Modern Muses missing from it depending when you download. The bundle now has all the current files.

Poser 9 & Poser Pro 2012 had a new SR 3.1 update come out a few days ago.

Michael 5 Genitalia has been replaced with the Genesis Male Genitalia.

Changed Note #12 on the main list to cover Michael 5 Genitalia has been replaced with the Genesis Male Genitalia.

Hampton Hair still has no DSON files & had no update.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Renegade Shirts for Genesis (1.0) (fix metadata and installer no longer requires Genesis, no change to content)
    (note the version number has decreased to 1.0)

• KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

Hi there

i have updated my Homeslipperzz

HomeSlipperZZ DAZ and Poser

few morphs more too :
    Wider Left / Right
    Strap Front UP Left / Right
    JCM Left / Right Bend
    MrHyde
    Mavka
    Victoria5
    Stephanie5
    Michael5
    Hitomi
    Freak 4

Thanks Karth :)

edited December 1969

Do you have the version number?

Karth said:
    Hi there

few morphs more too :
    Wider Left / Right
    JCM Left / Right Bend
    MrHyde
    Mavka
    Victoria5
    Stephanie5
    Michael5
    Hitomi
    Freak 4

edited December 1969

Thanks Mike,
    I got that updated on the list.

Renegade Shirts for Genesis (1.0) (fix metadata and installer no longer requires Genesis, no change to content)
    (note the version number has decreased to 1.0)
    edited October 2012

New one not in the list :

Megan for Victoria 4.2 and Genesis -NO DSON

15167_MeganGenesis_1.0_trx
    15167_MeganV4_1.0_dpc

14353_BottomRuffleSkirtForGenesis_1.1_trx
    14353_BottomRuffleSkirtForGenesisMetaData_1.1_ds

BR Skirt for Genesis 1.1 still need DSON Update

Wicked Footwear 002 -NO DSON
    15023_WickedFootwear002_1.0_trx.

Cute3D High Tops -NO DSON
    15117_C3DHighTops_1.0_trx

Sexy Platform Sandals- NO DSON
    15198_SexyPlatformSandals_1.0_trx

Fashionista Model Poses For Victoria 5 -
    15029_FashionistaV5_1.0_ds

K-Nicky Hair for Genesis
    4498_KNickyGen_v1.1_trx - NO DSON

In The List and got Update

Mavka Hair for Genesis (1.1) DSON
    15014_MavkaHairForGenesis_1.1_trx

Resolved Issues
    2012-10-23 - 1.1, DSON conversion.

13972_WickedPlaysuit_1.4_trx

Resolved Issues
    2012-10-29 - 1.4, DSON Conversion, Poser Companion files added, updated Metadata.

14235_WickedPlaysuitTextures_1.3_ds

Resolved Issues
    2012-10-29 - 1.3, DSON Conversion, Poser Companion files added, updated Metadata.

14099_WickedWearFuture_1.3_trx

Resolved Issues:
    2012-10-29 - 1.3, DSON Conversion, Poser Companion files added, updated Metadata.

Classic Rolled Hair for Genesis Updated to version 1.2

14514_ClassicRolledHairGenesis_v1.2_trx

Genesis - DS Core - MAC
    Genesis - DS Core - PC
    Genesis - Legacy - MAC
    Genesis - Legacy - PC
    Genesis - Poser Companion Files - MAC
    Genesis - Poser Companion Files - PC

Resolved Issues:
    2012-10-17 - Added DSON compatiblity

10/30/12

12985_WomensBusinessWearGenesis_1.6_trx

Womens Business Wear for Genesis - Poser Companion
    Womens Business Wear for Genesis - Legacy - Mac
    Womens Business Wear for Genesis - DSON Core - Mac
    Womens Business Wear for Genesis - Poser Companion - PC
    Womens Business Wear for Genesis - Legacy - PC
    Womens Business Wear for Genesis - DSON Core - PC

Resolved Issues:
    2012-10-26 - 1.6, DSON Conversion, Poser Companion files created.
    2012-08-27 - 1.5, Removed Duplicate IDs, updated Metadata.

Post edited by RedHeadLilith on
  • KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Do you have the version number?

Karth said:
    Hi there

few morphs more too :
    Wider Left / Right
    JCM Left / Right Bend
    MrHyde
    Mavka
    Victoria5
    Stephanie5
    Michael5
    Hitomi
    Freak 4

Hi

the number for all files is

Karth

edited October 2012

Thanks for those products and letting everyone know what has been updated everyone who has been posting.

Oct. 31, 2012

Added & Updated

Arashi for Hiro 5 (1.0)
    BR Skirt for Genesis (1.1)
    Capsces Poses Hiro 5 (1.0) (DSON)
    Classic Rolled Hair for Genesis (1.2) (DSON)
    Colors for Elements Hair (1.1) (DSON) (Note: This product works with Elements Hair and Elements Hair for Genesis.)
    Cute3D High Tops (1.0)
    Dragon Poses For Hiro 5 (1.0) (DSON)
    Dragon Rage (1.0) (DSON)
    Dryden for Hiro 5 (1.0) (DSON)
    Dynamic Supersuit Set 4 Hero Accessories (1.0)
    Elements Hair for Genesis (1.1) (DSON)
    Epic Wings (1.6) (DSON)
    Epic Wings X-pansion (1.2) (DSON)
    Fashionista Model Poses For Victoria 5 (1.0)
    Hiro 5 (1.0)
    Hiro 5 Starter Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Hiro 5 Pro Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    HomeslipperZZ for Genesis (1.3) (DSON)
    K-Nicky Hair for Genesis (1.1)
    Leathered Up (1.0) (DSON)
    Megan for Victoria 4.2 and Genesis (1.0) (Genesis / V4)
    Night Out Suit (1.0) (DSON)
    Nikkou Hair for Hiro 5 (1.0)
    Octavius (1.0) (DSON)
    PoseMaster People Pack (1.0)
    Pure Hair Space (1.1) (DSON)
    Pure Hair Sassy (1.1) (DSON)
    Renegade Shirts for Genesis (1.0) (Note: Previous version had a higher version number of 1.1.)
    Sexy Platform Sandals (1.0)
    Takeo for Hiro 5 (1.0) (DSON)
    Tera Poses For Hiro 5 (1.1) (DSON)
    Wicked Footwear 002 (1.0)
    Wicked Playsuit (1.4) (DSON)
    Wicked Playsuit Textures (1.3) (DSON)
    Wicked Wear Future (1.3) (DSON)
    Womens Business Wear for Genesis (1.6) (DSON)

Bundle Update & Fixes Note:

Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle now has the newer Genesis Female Geo-Grafted Genitalia (1.5) (DSON) in it.

The Hiro 5 Pro Bundle has the download link fixed for the Mac Poser Companion File fixed now.

Fixed:

Added (DSON) to Mavka Hair for Genesis. I forgot to type DSON after the when I updated it from 1.0 to 1.1 a few days ago.

Version Numbers Needed:

A few things have gotten updated or I don't have version numbers for that I was asked to add. In addition OptiTex has added a Genesis version to several Gen4 item.

I need current version numbers for:

Gnome for Genesis
    Swordplay Volume One

The OptiTex in another thread said this about what item are update

Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress
    Ultimate Tee is already updated and available.

For the Optitex items I need to know what the SKU is for them in addition to the Gen4 & Genesis version numbers to make sure I put the correct one on the list instead of one with a similar name.

For the Swordplay please indicate if has a different version number for Gen4 & Genesis.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Ultimate Dynamic Tee
    9603_UltimateDynamicTeePt01_1.0_ds
    9603_UltimateDynamicTeePt02_1.0_ds
    9603_UltimateDynamicTeePt03_1.0_ds
    9603_UltimateDynamicTeePt04_1.0_ds
    9603_UltimateDynamicTeePt05_1.0_ds
    9603_UltimateDynamicTeePt06_1.0_ds
    9603_UltimateDynamicTeePt07_1.0_ds

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Right now, I have no way of finding out what the current version of the Gnome is without actually buying it myself, even though it's my own product. Wouldn't it make sense to list the product, then later append a version number?

However, since I have not updated it since it went live in the store, I'd say it's a version number 1.0

edited December 1969

Thanks for posting updates.

Valander, DAZ hasn't been consistent with version numbers which is why I was asking. DAZ has given products version numbers greater and less than 1.0 on initial release and sometimes updates have had version numbers that were a lower number than the previous version.

That the list tries ti be as accurate and current as possible is the main reason people are looking at this thread.. Just adding 1.0 doesn't help. I'd end up spending more time having to fix listings as more and more product get released ,and some one else could wast time thinking a file current version was something like 0.9 or a number lower than 1.0 and the had to look in a long Itemized History list to reset it only to discover it wasn't.

Keeping the list maintained has sometimes eaten u a lot of time and all the help and notices of eroors changes, suggestions, etc. is the only reason I'm still able to keep it current.

Several ways do exist to see a version number for a product aside from buying it if it isn't on the list. for a product a person doesn't own.

1.) Check the Online Read Me file for it. The current version number is listed in most cases.
    2.) Ask on the forum.
    2.) Call DAZ tech support and ask them. I did that to find out the version number for the Gnome and Swordplay product, when I was able to contact support.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a stickler for accuracy and such because I work in the legal field.

Keep on releasing the great products.

Another quick update.

11-02-2012

Added

Dragon Rage Textures (1.0) (DSON)
    Frankie Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Frankie Outfit (1.0) (Genesis / V4) (DSON) (Note: Only the Genesis version has DSON files.)
    Frankie Von Stein (1.0) (Genesis / V4) (DSON) (Note: Only the Genesis version has DSON files.)
    Gnome for Genesis (1.0)
    Hiro 5 Clothing and Hair ONLY Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Leathered Up Textures (1.0) (DSON)
    Night Out Suit Textures (1.0) (DSON)
    Octavius Textures (1.0) (DSON)
    Ultimate Dynamic Tee (1.0) (V4 / V5)
    Swordplay Volume One (1.0) (Gen 4 / Genesis)

Notes: Currently the PC & Mac DSON Core files download links are reversed in Night Out Suit Textures & in Dragon Rage Textures.. Support is aware of this.

SR3 versions of Poser Fusion are out now out for Windows for Poser Pro 2012. The Mac ones will be out soon.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:

is that the one that was for V4 first? And does this mean also the other Dynamic clothes are updated for Genesis? If so, I have a lot more resets to do than I already thought. :ohh:
    I'm sorry if this was adressed already, have soo little time and didn't read the whole thread but I would appreciate it if someone could answer this. TIA. :)

Love, Jeanne
    edited December 1969

Hey Jeanne,
    OptiTex is adding Genesis updates to the older Gen4 products.

In another OptiTex dicated these have been updated to work with Genesis.

Dress of your dreams, Nightwear, QiPaoDress, Kimono Dress, Flared Skirt, Flamenco Dress, Catsuit, Belly Dancer, and Beach Dress

Some of them may not be ready for download yet and some of the names given don't make it clear on which products have been as they have some that have similar names. So I'm trying to figure out the exact names and version numbers.

OptiTex also has Genesis versions to use with the textures of Gen 4 versions several of the free items, also.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload15.php

JeanneM said:
    Jay_NOLA said:

is that the one that was for V4 first? And does this mean also the other Dynamic clothes are updated for Genesis? If so, I have a lot more resets to do than I already thought. :ohh:
    I'm sorry if this was adressed already, have soo little time and didn't read the whole thread but I would appreciate it if someone could answer this. TIA. :)

Love, Jeanne
  • Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

To date-there are no textures-and none that apparently can be applied to the female gens in Poser. Is it flat grey only-in Daz as well? I am far from the only person seeing this.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

To date-there are no textures-and none that apparently can be applied to the female gens in Poser. Is it flat grey only-in Daz as well? I am far from the only person seeing this.

There are two material zones on the female genitals, the hip and the vagina details. You just apply the normal hip/torso texture to the gens that you are using on the Genesis and the whole female gens will be textured apart from the actual vagina. A texture for that comes with the V5 Bree materials that comme with V5.

The best approach is to apply the Bree Gens preset to the demale genitals (which will texture both the hip and the vagina of the gens), then copy the hip material from the Genesis to the hip material of the gens. If using a V4 texture set, then remember to change the UVs of the gens hip material from their default V5 to V4. you may also want to apply some diffuse colour to the vagina material to darken the effect of the texture map. depending on the overall skin texture being used.

Of course, having just once applied the V5 Bree to the gens, you can then just save the vagina material so in future you can just apply the V4 body material to the gens (which will set the hip part of the gens0, and then apply the vagina material - rather tha having to apply the V5 Bree material preset first, then copy the hip material over and reset the UVs.

edited December 1969

Oh - if DAZ haven't released the poser companion files for the V5 Genitalia (Bree) material preset, it's in the People/Genesis/Anatomy/Materials folder in the DS format content directories alongside the runtime you've installed the DS content to.

edited November 2012

And the actual texture file, if you are looking for it, is runtime:textures:DAZ:Characters:MilWom:V5:FemaleGenitaliaTexture.jpg - again in the runtime you installed the Genesis, V5 and female genitalia to. Again, it is just for the actual vagina - the rest of the gens figure just takes the torso texture.

Post edited by DavidGB on
  • Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Hi DavidGB
    Thanks- but Daz did NOT provide that particular texture. Sigh.I GUESS if we were rendering with our EYES closed-LIKE we were supposed to-we would never notice! :-)

Come ON. Daz.

quote author="DavidGB" date="1351910750"]And the actual texture file, if you are looking for it, is runtime:textures:DAZ:Characters:MilWom:V5:FemaleGenitaliaTexture.jpg - again in the runtime you installed the Genesis, V5 and female genitalia to. Again, it is just for the actual vagina - the rest of the gens figure just takes the torso texture.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited November 2012

DavidGB said:
    There are two material zones on the female genitals, the hip and the vagina details.

Unfortunately, this is no-longer the case. DAZ removed the SkinGenitalia material zone in the more recent updates to the female genitalia. Since most Poser-only users probably didn't have V5 prior to the release of the DSON importer, they won't have access to the older versions of the installer that include both mat zones.

I don't know why DAZ removed this mat zone. Now, the area covered by the SkinGenitalia mat zone pulls instead from the torso map referenced by SkinHip. No torso textures take this into account, however (and they'd need to be separate textures for this specific use, as they'd look pretty weird on a figure without the female genitalia geograft applied). So figures with dark/tanned skin look particularly odd down there, since they're not pinkish where they should be.

If you still have an old installer (version 1.3 or before, I believe), you can manually hack the second mat zone back into the current genitalia. This gets you the S5 UV support for the SkinHip in the geograft, while retaining the separate mat zone with its own UV map and texture for the inside part. I did this when the updated genitalia were released with S5. The genitalia have been updated since then again to add the Poser DSON support, but since I don't use or own Poser, I won't be installing it to avoid having to hack the dsfs again.

DAZ really should put this mat zone back into the official release.

Post edited by cwichura on
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    DavidGB said:
    There are two material zones on the female genitals, the hip and the vagina details.

Unfortunately, this is no-longer the case. DAZ removed the SkinGenitalia material zone in the more recent updates to the female genitalia. Since most Poser-only users probably didn't have V5 prior to the release of the DSON importer, they won't have access to the older versions of the installer that include both mat zones.

I don't know why DAZ removed this mat zone. Now, the area covered by the SkinGenitalia mat zone pulls instead from the torso map referenced by SkinHip. No torso textures take this into account, however (and they'd need to be separate textures for this specific use, as they'd look pretty weird on a figure without the female genitalia geograft applied). So figures with dark/tanned skin look particularly odd down there, since they're not pinkish where they should be.

If you still have an old installer (version 1.3 or before, I believe), you can manually hack the second mat zone back into the current genitalia. This gets you the S5 UV support for the SkinHip in the geograft, while retaining the separate mat zone with its own UV map and texture for the inside part. I did this when the updated genitalia were released with S5. The genitalia have been updated since then again to add the Poser DSON support, but since I don't use or own Poser, I won't be installing it to avoid having to hack the dsfs again.

DAZ really should put this mat zone back into the official release.

That's the thing with me nowadays - brain constant\ly mushy and zero memory. Now you mention it, I vaguely remember doing something when the new version came out with S5. Installed to a separate location .... compared the files ... sorted out something. Don't remember the details ... think I kept the old UV set files and put a line in the new base dsf for the other MAT zone or something.

Still, when you think of the number of pay and free female genetalia solutions that were produced for V3 and V4, and that there are already two pay and two free (that I've noticed - could be more I haven't) morph sets for the Genesis female gens, I would have thought a product with modified versions of the UVs to add a vagina zone and a texture or several for that zone would appear as freebie or for reasonable pay fairly quickly. After all, it's a pretty trivial exercise to produce modified UVs and the files to distribute and install - much easier and quicker than any of the V3 and V4 genetalia solutions.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited November 2012

Thank you for answering Jay, :) I saved the link you gave and had a quick look, nice!! :)
    I didn't even use the dynamic stuff in DS4.5 yet and I really have quite a few of those cloth items. :red:
    I did a reset yesterday for the ultimate tee, still gave me the same number (9603)as it was in 2009 but now there were only 7 files and the version is 1.0. I checked my downloads and there were 12 files back then :ohh: so that's better now. :) I hope to find the time this weekend to install and check them.

Have a nice day and keep up on doing the good work!! I really appreciate it.

Love, Jeanne

Jay_NOLA said:
    Hey Jeanne,
    OptiTex is adding Genesis updates to the older Gen4 products.

In another OptiTex dicated these have been updated to work with Genesis.

Some of them may not be ready for download yet and some of the names given don't make it clear on which products have been as they have some that have similar names. So I'm trying to figure out the exact names and version numbers.

OptiTex also has Genesis versions to use with the textures of Gen 4 versions several of the free items, also.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload15.php

JeanneM said:
    Jay_NOLA said:

Love, Jeanne
    Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    Thank you for answering Jay, :) I saved the link you gave and had a quick look, nice!! :)
    I didn't even use the dynamic stuff in DS4.5 yet and I really have quite a few of those cloth items. :red:
    I did a reset yesterday for the ultimate tee, still gave me the same number (9603)as it was in 2009 but now there were only 7 files and the version is 1.0. I checked my downloads and there were 12 files back then :ohh: so that's better now. :) I hope to find the time this weekend to install and check them.

Have a nice day and keep up on doing the good work!! I really appreciate it.

Love, Jeanne

I've installed them - they will give you the V4 and the Genesis version now. :D

edited December 1969

Thanks for all the posts on what has been updated.

Just some quick a quick addition & update today to the main list.

Added & Updated 11-5-2012.

Japanese School Uniforms For Boys (1.0)
    Lycan Hunter (1.1) (DSON)
    Riley for Stephanie 5 (1.1) (DSON)

Some of the bundles with these products need updating.

edited December 1969

Hello all here are another few new things to add to the list :)

Shirt for V5

Installers:
    Shirt for V5 - Mac
    Shirt for V5 - PC

15041_ShirtV5_1.0_trx

Look At Me! Eyes 2

Installers
    Look At Me! Eyes 2 - DAZ Studio - Mac
    Look At Me! Eyes 2 - DAZ Studio - PC
    Look At Me! Eyes 2 - Poser - Mac
    Look At Me! Eyes 2 - Poser - PC

15273_LookAtMeEyes2DS_1.0_ds