Lowering model saturation - how?

EyosEyos Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,
I have a model that looks too saturated compared to the other items in the scene.
The model is built of several parts, each with its own shader.
How can I lower the saturation of this model?
Thanks.

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I'd either adjust the shaders or the lights.

Hard to be more specific without more details ...

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

That depends on how you have built the shaders. Just some of the options would include:

If you are using color or color gradient in the color channel then you can adjust the color or color keys.

If you are using texture maps you can adjust them in PhotoShop, the GIMP, etc. If not, and you want to use this method, then you can export the shader or bake it. If you export the model Carrara will give you the option of including texture maps for the shader (IIRC it is a texture map per shader channel).

If you have Fenric's wonderful Color Balance then you can use then to change R, G, or B values and/or hue, saturation and level.

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Changing the color and editing the texture maps is ok, but I need something that is quicker and easier to control.
    I'll take a look at Fenric's plugin.
    Thanks for the tips! :-)

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Eyos said:
    Changing the color and editing the texture maps is ok, but I need something that is quicker and easier to control.
    I'll take a look at Fenric's plugin.
    Thanks for the tips! :-)

Your welcome. The Color Balance extension is easily the one I use the most. I only wish he'd developed it sooner :)

Because you won't find it under that name for reference it is the Pose and Shading Tools 2 product.

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Shoestring Shaders Plugin will desaturate red, green, blue or all.....within Carrara.

http://www.des-web.net/html/grayscale.html