windows 8

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

hello! after a hard disk crash, I have a really hard time, trying to re install everything!... whoww... I doin't know if it is Windows 8, which is so different for me... Or the fact I had poser since years... but I've lost the serial number... I have the disk, for poser 7, but I don't know at all where to find the s/n... is it the same, using Daz studio? for example, playing the .exe for the native content of C8 (but I have the beta), nothing happens... maybe it would be best to install the non -beta version? and does anybody knows where I should recover the Serial for Poser?... (sometimes, the company keep the s/n in memory)...
also, is it possible to buy to Daz a dvd, with all the items already buyed?..;
thank you for help!!!!!

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    and does anybody knows where I should recover the Serial for Poser?... (sometimes, the company keep the s/n in memory)...

Another reason why I erased Poser 7 a very long time ago. I recall having to reinstall an old, original version from CD, then installing sequential upgrades until I was back to Poser 7. A huge pain. And I had to do it a few times over the years. I hate that company.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

If you registered Poser then it is possible that Smith Micro can find the serial number for you. I must admit I always write the serial numbers on the CD case,

Unfortunately DAZ 3D have stopped doing DVD burns of account history.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

thank you! I just find back my serial number of poser 7... so I have the disk, and the s/n, but that doesn't work... I have a pop up, saying that the installation needs an "elevation"... I translate from the french... does anybody knows what it is?

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    thank you! I just find back my serial number of poser 7... so I have the disk, and the s/n, but that doesn't work... I have a pop up, saying that the installation needs an "elevation"... I translate from the french... does anybody knows what it is?

Yeah, that was my point. I've needed to install from the base version, which in my case was, I think, Poser 5 or something, and then keep installing upgrades and updates. Smith Micro wants you to start installing with the base version. Just ridiculous.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

celmar said:

That's similar to a W7 message meaning you must "run as administrator"

Don't know what W8 means by it though...

Hope it helps.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Celmar :)

I agree with Joemamma :)

I recently purchased Poser pro 2012,. and as soon as I had installed it, ....it told me that Updates were available, and I had to go back and Download the updates.

Why they cannot update the Main product they sell to the public with the latest service packs, or include them in the download list for the product you've just got,.. is beyond my understanding.

• laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

well, effectively the use of poser seems complicated... just to get the "runtimes", does daz studio do the same job?
    and why, (due to Windows 8?), each time I try to install the "native content", I have a blank pop up, and no install??? what's wrong???

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited October 2012

celmar said:
    well, effectively the use of poser seems complicated... just to get the "runtimes", does daz studio do the same job?
    and why, (due to Windows 8?), each time I try to install the "native content", I have a blank pop up, and no install??? what's wrong???

I had the same issue with Windows 7.

I had Poser 6 available, but could not find my installation file for Poser 5. So I was unable to install Poser 6 on Win 7. Upgrade purchases sometimes work that way I suppose.

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • HIMMAGESHIMMAGES Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello I am trying to install the native content for carrara pro 8. I am running windows 8 64 pro and the base app installed fine. the content pops a blank window but nothing installs not an error just a blank window? Anybody run into this?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi HIMMAGES :)

You'll need to run it using compatibility with Win7.

it should be something like,.. Right click the installer and choose Run As,.then select win7 compatibility mode.
    Or,.. Troubleshoot ,.. Compatibility.

hope it helps

• HIMMAGESHIMMAGES Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As usual your all right on point. Thanks for the fast help!