Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Lol! Thanks Proxi :)

edited October 2012

Update 2 on glasses.

@Skiriki.

Here is some further progress. A few of my ideas to curve the frame kinda flopped unfortunately. I couldn't get the lenses to conform to the frame when adding the curve... So I settled with angeling instead.

The lenses are thicker in the center and thinner on the outer edges.

I'll be wielding the frame together. There will be 4 material zones:

Square lens
    Circular lens
    Frame with the arms.
    Plastic behind ear part.

Rather than UV Unwrap... I'm thinking an appropriate primitive UV preset will do. To UV Unwrap this would set me back much longer.

NOTE: I have not applied surface smoothing... Smoothing is done in Daz prior to PP2 Export.

EDIT: The lenses are smoothed in the perspective, my mistake lol

SkiGlas_UD2_TopWir.jpg
    1474 x 764 - 1M
    SkiGlas_UD2_SiWir.jpg
    1474 x 764 - 644K
    SkiGlas_UD2_FrWir.jpg
    1474 x 764 - 820K
    SkiGlas_UD2_Per.jpg
    1474 x 764 - 190K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Here is a close up wire top view of the lens, showing the thickness.

SkiGlas_UD2_TopWir_LENS.jpg
    1496 x 402 - 386K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I can see :coolsmirk:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Nice! Yes, thank you!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Nice! Yes, thank you!

Almost done. I'm starting UV mapping. From there I export to Daz and make it a PP2

edited October 2012

Ok. Expoted to daz. Just made the PP2.

Skiriki - You're gonna want to play with the "Angle of smoothing" Daz has Over smoothed it by default. And I cant export the PP2 with Angle of smoothing attached. Other than that, The scale and position is set up for default genesis.

I'm just gathering the files to make a RAR folder, then I email it to you. :cheese:

SkiGlas_UD3.jpg
    799 x 484 - 130K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

This is with angle of smoothing reduced. As you can see, it's much more realistic.

SkiGlas_UD4.jpg
    727 x 251 - 78K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Cool! Thanks! This will be FUN.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Cool! Thanks! This will be FUN.

Cant wait to see your render/s :)

edited December 1969

Boots Update 9

Some progress on the boot straps. I'm now working on smoothing the geometry of the straps since they're curving too much with the leather wrapping underneath it. From then on, I will work on completing the leather wrapping with some ripples in the leather. I will also add seams on both sides. Atm, the wrapping looks too thin for what I'm after. But I'm getting close.

Boots_UD_9_2.jpg
    801 x 782 - 159K
    Boots_UD_9_1.jpg
    801 x 782 - 206K
    edited December 1969

Boots Update 10

More progress. I've added more detail to the leather wrappings, also added seams. Smoothed out the leather straps, they look more solid now. Need to finish the bottom of the leather wrappings, which is still just a plane edge.

Then I'll add the clips... Which I neglected in my concept design... So, I'll need to work out what clips will be used.

Once the wrappings is complete, I'll look at removing the boot underneath it and weld it together.

So far, I'm thinking the boot and wrapping will be wielded together. All the straps are already one model and will not be wielded to the boot. The soul so far will not be wielded either. The toes will be wielded to the boot, along with the heel.

If I can learn how to assign multiple material zones to one model, I will wield it all together. But at this stage, I don't know how to do that in 3ds max.

Boots_UD_10_2.jpg
    495 x 681 - 104K
    Boots_UD_10_1.jpg
    495 x 681 - 151K
    edited December 1969

Oh damn it.

Just cut up genesis to check the fit... Turns out the reference boot (Stalker Girls Boot) wasn't fitted as closely as I assumed. The toes are way off! No wonder I had the thought in the back of my head that the boots looked a little too long in the feet area! Looks like some more adjustments need to be made before I wield.

Boots_Fit.jpg
    899 x 717 - 682K
    edited December 1969

Boots update

I've wielded the Toes to the boot to the heel. Adjusted and added verts where needed. Then applied some surface smoothing, to check all worked. Also, I made the boot a better fit for the genesis foot, so it doesn't look as big footed as it used to.

Next stage I guess is to wield the leather wrapping... It's gonna be a bit of a job to do.

I had to remove some of the tread on the soul so that I could adjust the foot length on the boot, so I need to re-do the heel tread.

Still looking for strap clips design that compliments the boot design. I'll add that last.

Boots_UD_11_2.jpg
    501 x 764 - 114K
    Boots_UD_11_1.jpg
    537 x 762 - 175K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

nice work spyro.. and also thank you for sharing your primitive weapons with us very cool of you

edited December 1969

Thanks Ivy! And your welcome!

I see you made hunger games catniss... I made her bow a while back, it's on share cg as well. :)

edited December 1969

Man, I am totally lost with what type of buckles I want on the boots. Initially, I was thinking of the buckles on roller blades, but it is too overwhelming for the design. I checked out star wars, since this boot design is a sci-fi type of boot... And they don't use clips LMAO! I looked at boots in general and many are just basic belt buckles... I dunnoh what to do. I guess that's why I didn't design them on the concept art.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Hi Spyro,
    I picked up your primitive weapons on Sharecg and they're beautiful! Thank you!

When your not busy helping others on just about every thread I visit, your working on boots. Your to much Spyro, your like the Energizer Bunny! Thanks again for your generosity and I hope you are able to sort out some good buckles for your boots. :-)

edited December 1969

LOL Thanks Michael! It keeps we going, If I not creating, I feel like I wasted a day haha! I have a big list of more freebie stuff to make, just trying to finish of my boots before I get back into it lol

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited November 2012

Spyro said:
    Man, I am totally lost with what type of buckles I want on the boots. Initially, I was thinking of the buckles on roller blades, but it is too overwhelming for the design. I checked out star wars, since this boot design is a sci-fi type of boot... And they don't use clips LMAO! I looked at boots in general and many are just basic belt buckles... I dunnoh what to do. I guess that's why I didn't design them on the concept art.

A couple of ideas...
    Probably not very practical, but certainly unique: the turnbuckle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnbuckle)
    The box-frame buckle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vag120menos_(Large).jpg (looks like the link is broken...just copy/paste the URL)
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

A couple of ideas...
    Probably not very practical, but certainly unique: the turnbuckle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnbuckle)
    The box-frame buckle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vag120menos_(Large).jpg (looks like the link is broken...just copy/paste the URL)

HAHA!!! LOL to the turn buckle lol!

The later looks good! I think It's coming to me now :) Thanks man!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

buckle

buckle.jpg
    1274 x 695 - 136K
    edited December 1969

That is very cool bigh! and trippy/funky textures! Awesome :) I love the shape too!

It's amazing when you make a long WIP item, how much the little details become massively important lol I really like your creation there! Its sleek design and not stuck in a particular era either (Excluding ancient times of course) Definitely what I'd consider usable for a sci-fi themed boot! You got my creating mind flowing! Thanks! :cheese:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I wish the flowing would start for me. I scrapped my Fire bow after looking at some real ones in use. It has been too long sense I did it in RL to notice all my stuff was WAY off.

edited December 1969

I hope you didn't delete it. I never delete my working OBJ's or their WIP interval saves. You never know when you'll want to return to it. Personally I really liked what I seen of your creation! I'm not sure about the software your using, but in 3ds Max you can add verts/wires at any time, the same as removing un-needed ones

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Great work on the boots Spyro! They look terrific...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh no, I never DELETE. Sure it could be used later and yes editing is still possible. Adding points, faces and many other options are still open to me. My problem is It just is not close to the real thing. I started with a Idea and ran, I should have thought more and compared my work to what it should have looked like. Like you I like items to be as real as possible. I just forgot that as I went and played at the models. This is a REAL Fire Bow Drill. I missed big time. (images attached)

No biggie, the first one was just three days of work. I can do better now.

pmoctechnique.jpg
    507 x 343 - 35K
    Bow_drill.jpg
    512 x 334 - 51K
    2326568.jpg
    369 x 277 - 32K
    edited December 1969

I always do quick little sketches before I start modelling. I work out what primitive I'm going to use and then work out how many verts are necessary for the basic shape. I then build the basic shape in 3d based on my sketches then add the essential detail after fully adding new verts and polys. My goal, since the items are for DS/Poser, High res is absolutely fundamental... So even on a smooth surface I ensure my wires form squares. (This however is NOT necessary if your making a full location/set as it's far too demanding for a scene to have the set too high in poly count, when you are destined to load hi-res props and characters.) Props MUST be high res so that morphs can be made weather by me or the person using the prop.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Great work on the boots Spyro! They look terrific...

Thank you Pendraia!! :cheese:

It's sooooo time consuming!! Boots are hard to make! I havent even made a pair of pants or a shirt yet LOL (I'll be asking such advise to you in the future LOL You are very good at that stuff! :) )

edited December 1969

Kyde - Project Bloodline

This will be completed once I’ve made his full costume… It is a WIP as I am playing around with shaders and textures... At this time, I was making the hair Diffuse work generously with both a bump and custom displacement. I intend to re-vamp the skin, and construct a nice bump. Spyro is also in the same stage of WIP, though his bump texture will be more subtle, due to his age.

After Spyro's outfit, (If all goes well) I plan to create Kyde's as well... The concept design however is still in development.

KyderBloodline_Working.png
    1750 x 1000 - 2M