cista_neka_zezancija.png
    750 x 600 - 867K
    Practice_3.jpg
    600 x 848 - 645K
    practice_for_bros_com.jpg
    600 x 600 - 418K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

This is a re-work of my Steam Punk inspired picture a couple pages back. I wanted a grander scale. I was having difficulty with the lighting and since I had many other tasks this weekend that would keep me away from Carrara and the computer in general, I didn't care how long it took to render, so I decided to simplify my light rig and just use full GI for the render.

steampunk-invasion.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 826K
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

More scenes for my halloween projections... This is the isometric camera. The arches are kitbashed from GORGON HALLWAY here in the store. The skull and femur come from a product called DEM BONES... Surface replicated (each separately so I could better control distribution... Trying to do an elegant catacomb wall....

Doc60.png
    1280 x 971 - 1M
    Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,919
    edited October 2012

Ilena52 : my choice is the first image - great tension :)
    evil- hah, the repetition of the pointy bits got me in - nice compositional strategy :)
    Holly - maybe you should do the skulls in post with a fill texture? might have more control? Make them less regular maybe a few rats perhaps :) ahh and a bit of a grunge overlay?

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited October 2012

one from me

(second one just for fun with toonpro )

toonprofinnie.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 235K
    AndrewFinnie.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 187K
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Holly - maybe you should do the skulls in post with a fill texture? might have more control? Make them less regular maybe a few rats perhaps :) ahh and a bit of a grunge overlay?

That level of detail will not show in projections... They have to be high contrast.
    edited December 1969

thanks holly, shows what I know ;)

edited October 2012

The projections will be 50ft across (!), but my resolution is only 720p so the quality will really turn to mush up close. :/ It will be projected onto rough brownish stone, so it will receive a nice grunge map which I won't have control over. Ha!

The theme of the party is Edward Gorey (the illustrator), so it is intended to look a little cartoonish.

Modul8_-_Main_View_2012-10-23_at_01.45_.20_.png
    1280 x 720 - 297K
    Modul8_-_Main_View_2012-10-23_at_01.14_.28_.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Frozen in time

daz_mozaik.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 2M
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited October 2012

Here's a shot of the detective character in a Carrara animation I'm working on.

DETECTIVE.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 517K
    Post edited by BC Rice on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,750
    edited December 1969

unchained!

Pumpkin_fire.jpg
    900 x 600 - 363K
    edited December 1969

heh you can never have too many pumpkins eh :)

edited October 2012

The projections will be 50ft across (!), but my resolution is only 720p so the quality will really turn to mush up close. :/ It will be projected onto rough brownish stone, so it will receive a nice grunge map which I won't have control over. Ha!

The theme of the party is Edward Gorey (the illustrator), so it is intended to look a little cartoonish.

Gorey = pretty amazing work his was.
    The show sounds wonderful - I recall you had some video's around of your shows or a performance ?
    I'd be interested to see how they look in motion

PS wonderful candles.!

edit: this you?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wetcircuit
    I'll check them out when I get home.

edited December 1969
    Modul8_-_Main_View_2012-10-23_at_23.35_.36_.png
    1280 x 720 - 551K
  • sircamillosircamillo Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

inspired from the MarsOne web site.

My interpritation for the Interior of Mars hab.

Camillo

Mars_Hab_Interior800.jpg
    800 x 450 - 138K
    edited December 1969

heh Holly, wonderous stuff, I just went for a google tour of the wetcircuit prescence - wow , I am in awe, the Chelsea Art Museum thing is so cool!

It's superb how you are using your mulitalents to make this kind of art.
    Breaking boundaries I didn't even know where there.

edited December 1969

Camillo

wonderful lighting, is that the M3 space suit retextured or something else?

edited December 1969

Camillo

Very nice. My only quibble would be that the window doesn't appear to be letting any light in. The back of the guy sitting in front of the window should have some light, even if it's diffuse.

• sircamillosircamillo Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

yes it is the M3 Space suit.

The sunlight on the girl is a spot outside the window. I need to adjust it to light his back.
    Thanks for the comments.

Camillo

edited December 1969

yes it is the M3 Space suit.

Camillo

thanks Camillo !

edited December 1969

Some law enforcement

Android_cops.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 914K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I remember when this was a nice area of town to live in,.. people knew each other,....
    now it's all those massive robots and cat people moving in,.. and nobody says good morning any more.

Progress,.... Humbug.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    I remember when this was a nice area of town to live in,.. people knew each other,....
    now it's all those massive robots and cat people moving in,.. and nobody says good morning any more.

Progress,.... Humbug.

:lol:

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

Progress,.... Humbug.

LOL

• TravestiousTravestious Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I've come to terms with the fact that I have strange dreams. This image was inspired by something I witnessed while asleep.

More of my work can be found @:

http://marcusrufus.blogspot.com

and

http://www.youtube.com/user/travestious/videos?flow=grid&view=0

There is some Carrara included in some part of my of the videos. The graphics are either Carrara, Photoshop, or a blend of the two.

The animated head at the end of many of my newer videos is made with a variety of tools Polytris, Carrara, Hexagon. Gotta love the particle emitter metaballs Carrara produces. It's enough to make you cry with tears of joy when you get it right

worlds-most-dangerous-chicks-sm.jpg
    600 x 450 - 311K
    edited December 1969

Hurricane Sandy has given me some unexpected time off... So I've been playing with that fancy new Terrain Bump that I never knew existed...

Doc33.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Another mountain... wanted to rotate the rock "layers" (stripes made with Veloute 3D Lines) so they would be on an angle like the Himilayas...

Doc44.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Holly, is that terrain bump a feature of C8 or later?

I had some time off last week that was somewhat Sandy related. It was actually the storm front that merged with the hurricane from the west. It spawned a tornado that actually hit the building where I work, while I was at work. Fortunately there were no injuries. Nothing like the devastation back east of course, but at the time it was an opener to be sure. My thoughts are with everybody that was hurt or suffered loss in due to Sandy.

edited December 1969

I never saw it before this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10674/
    But I had noticed there seemed to be no way to add a bump to the layered Terrain Shader... I guess this bump component was added with that shader.

Hope no one was hurt in that tornado. :(

People are definitely getting a little nutty here in NYC. After 2 days of everyone being so sweet and supportive, today was a horror story with people fighting in gas lines and stealing food right out of other people's hands...!

edited November 2012

I never saw it before this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10674/
    But I had noticed there seemed to be no way to add a bump to the layered Terrain Shader... I guess this bump component was added with that shader.

Hope no one was hurt in that tornado. :(

People are definitely getting a little nutty here in NYC. After 2 days of everyone being so sweet and supportive, today was a horror story with people fighting in gas lines and stealing food right out of other people's hands...!

The tornado came through about 7:45 am. There were no watches and warnings issued by the Weather Service for some reason. It was fortunate that no people were killed. There were some cows and calves that were killed when the barn they were in for morning feeding was destroyed. The farmer was in one of his 80ft. silos when the storm started coming through and hurriedly climbed down the ladder. It became apparent he wasn't going to make it and just dropped the last fifteen feet and ran like hell.

Again, nothing like the east coast. It's too bad people are starting to succumb to their baser instincts already. From what I see on the news and read in the paper, it's not like the mis-handling of hurricane Katrina.

Post edited by evilproducer on
This discussion has been closed.