Where's BBS?

atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
edited December 1969 in New Users

Quick, somebody run over to the island and tell Barry to get our forum back on here. I need my BBS fix.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

is this gonna be his thread then? :vampire:

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

And what about Jeff? Pam? Harry? Andy? Jacob?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

I'm here. Maybe BBS got trapped during the end of the world and couldn't get out? We have to send a search party! :ohh:

edited December 1969

I just realized IU doin't have the file for my avatar anymore. Lame!

• terr_3df365bec5terr_3df365bec5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are the powers-that-be going to bring back all that forum history? ... at least in the form of a web-accessible archive? I hope so. All those old posts are a valuable resource. ... Well, okay not ALL of them. But, many of them are.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm here. I PMed Barry but so far he is a no show.

edited December 1969

I just sent him a quick email

edited December 1969

I just realized IU doin't have the file for my avatar anymore. Lame!

fortunately I saved it for the render I did of you!
    won't work on this forum yet though.
    9742262444f140520b8ebf.gif
    75 x 100 - 21K
    edited December 1969

Ooh, I got one like that

Choavianime.gif
    100 x 100 - 8K
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

And if anybody wants to know, this was done in a previous century using a laser and a film camera. (film What's that?) :coolsmile:

SpGhost_100x100.jpg
    100 x 100 - 7K
    edited December 1969

I guess we are all ready for avatars.

!Avatar_04.jpg
    100 x 100 - 9K
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Sorry guys, I'd say I've been lurking but to be honest I haven't bothered, I've only visited once since I knew it went online. This is probably the ugliest forum I've ever seen and all this white and light grey makes my eyes bleed.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Sorry guys, I'd say I've been lurking but to be honest I haven't bothered, I've only visited once since I knew it went online. This is probably the ugliest forum I've ever seen and all this white and light grey makes my eyes bleed.

Now THERE is an idea for a render. :lol: Take one Dystopian Console station and call me in the morning...
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Barry, how dare you!

I didn't intend for this to replace our beloved spot on the web, just to stir up our inglorious leader and get him back.

It's so good to see everybody here. I've missed all of you. I think the forums are back because Wendy and I had started plotting on FB and Chohole needed to be rescued from the den of iniquity she had fallen into.

edited December 1969

You do not want to know which parts of my body bleed from these Forums.
    I missed my BUDDY!!! The man who started it all, BlumBlumShub!
    If you dont hang with us, who will hold us all by the hand when we need it?
    Barry you got us all together in the first place, without you it's just not right anymore.
    I made so many friends in your threads and learned so much stuff.
    I was real life worried when we did not hear from you. TRUE Words my friend.
    Well, I guess everyone can tell my friends mean much to me. I'm still looking for a few.
    I should get email from you all, I got a WORKING mail prg now. Love you all.
    Please stick around and chat, I was so alone last week.
    Jeff
    edited December 1969

We want Barry! We want Barry! We want Barry!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

You do not want to know which parts of my body bleed from these Forums.
    I missed my BUDDY!!! The man who started it all, BlumBlumShub!
    If you dont hang with us, who will hold us all by the hand when we need it?
    Barry you got us all together in the first place, without you it's just not right anymore.
    I made so many friends in your threads and learned so much stuff.
    I was real life worried when we did not hear from you. TRUE Words my friend.
    Well, I guess everyone can tell my friends mean much to me. I'm still looking for a few.
    I should get email from you all, I got a WORKING mail prg now. Love you all.
    Please stick around and chat, I was so alone last week.
    Jeff

I agree with you, Jeff. The regulars have come to mean a lot to me and I had a miserable week not knowing how everyone was doing.

What email program are you using?

edited December 1969

This is absolutely unfair. I can't upload my avatar. Waaaaaaaaaaaah. And Jeff has 2.

edited December 1969

Poor Barry. How unfair of his friends to expect of him to endure anything but the utmost comfort when hanging out with them. >:(

/Sarcasm

Besides, you can change the colours with a .css plugin if you're using Chrome or Firefox which most of us are.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited May 2012

Poor Barry. How unfair of his friends to expect of him to endure anything but the utmost comfort when hanging out with them. >:(

/Sarcasm

Besides, you can change the colours with a .css plugin if you're using Chrome or Firefox which most of us are.
    Well obviously I apologise, once again, if my honesty has in some way offended you, once again. Obviously.
    /Sarcasm

I don't use Firefox or Chrome, I prefer Internal Explosion, always have.
    Maybe I'll get used to the forum, I don't know.

@AtticAnne: When I said the forum is ugly, I meant the forum, not the thread, I am honoured that you and my other friends sent out the search party!

@Pam: If you sent your email to the account registered here I'm afraid there's only a tiny chance that I'll have read it. Basically the account is a spam-catcher so I don't look. Having said that, my main account gets so much spam these days it makes no difference which account I use! Rest assured if I'd read your mail I would have replied :)

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

Is there no .CSS thingymagick for IE? I use chrome and Adam posted links to plugins for Firefox and Chrome that allows you to set your own colours. He didn't post one for IE though which is why I'm asking.

edited December 1969

Harry, you can bite me and Barry. I'm a IE to the death user also. But I will check and see if we have a Windows Live plugin for IE that will let us change the interface. By the way Barry I have a working 100% version of Live Mail now. I can send images and everything. I just need to fight my AV for attachments from time to time now. Your Address died with my Outlook, the address books would not transfer and I did not know that before I deleted Outlook.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    This is absolutely unfair. I can't upload my avatar. Waaaaaaaaaaaah. And Jeff has 2.

Not a Avatar my dear just a attached image. It's the best we can do right now.

Remember me?

!Avatar_04.jpg
    100 x 100 - 9K
    edited December 1969

Ooooh...I like biting! :vampire:

edited December 1969

Ooooh...I like biting! :vampire:

That's the Harry I know! Glad to see ya Eye to eye sort of.
    edited December 1969

If you use Firefox, you can use colour that site. Actually just reversing the colour sceme has some good results.

Google Chrome has a thingummy like that as well

edited December 1969

Oh you're gonna loooove the new me... :cheese:

edited December 1969

yeah I bought the supersuit pro bundle but have buckly's chance of downloading any of it :cry: reset twice already not that unusual with my 3G broadband Friday night, will try again early Sunday morning
    but what is frustrating
    is my Android will easily download the Mac zips!
    if only
    a) I had a Mac
    B) a landline (will maybe in July/August) job willing
    c) Daz did PC zips!

edited December 1969

Whyyyyyy does everything have to be so expensive? :'(