It's just a jump to the left

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

Has anyone else had a problem when they apply an ERC freeze to a figure it jumps x translation 1.00 to the left?

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi....

No, I can't say that I have had that happen... I have by accident, froze a morph or other parameter changes I've made in error...

When you do the ERC Freeze, check through the list of properties that are to be froze, and make sure that there are no unwanted properties listed, like a x translate on the 'hip' or root node.

My guess at this point is that you a including a x translate to the figure in there. Make sure your figure is zeroed on all the axis' first.

Hope this helps... :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited October 2012

And I thought this was going to be some renders inspired by the Rocky Horror Picture Show ;p

(I know you were thinking that when you titled the thread ;p )

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

LOL...That was my first thought also

nicci... :)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Yeah I had an accidental X-translate in there.

And I was definitely thinking RHPS.

I was in a production of the Rocky Horror Show not long ago as Frank N. Furter and I just got the DVD of our play yesterday so it's definitely been on my mind.

edited December 1969

Hi...

I'm glad it was something simple... ;-P

That must have been fun doing the stage show... as a teen I use to go to the midnight showing of RHPS at a local theater. It was always a wild time... I don't think I ever really got to watch the movie all the way through until I saw it on TV... :lol:

PS... You always come up with the most eye catching Thread titles...

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

What was neat was seeing how the play is different from the movie. Rocky speaks in the stage version which I didn't expect. Apparently there is an even earlier version of the play that doesn't have Columbia in it, just Magenta that would be really neat to read through but it's hard to imagine it without Columbia.

There's a third instalment in the Rocky series called "Revenge Of The Old Queen" but it was never produced because the sequel "Shock Treatment" was a failure. Our director actually has the script for the third one and would love to produce it but the rights are in development hell. He says the script and music are both better than the original.

Of all the plays I've been in it was by far my favourite, one of my two dream roles. Now if I can just land Hedwig in a production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch I can die happy. The fun part of doing the play is interacting with the audience when they yell stuff out at the stage the same way they do during the movie. Plus each night during my death scene I'd say "life... flashing... before my eyes" then pick an audience member at random, fall into their lap and say "remember that night when...." and then improvise some sort of bizarre innuendo about them. One of them I remember was I fell in this guy's lap and said "remember that night when you dressed up like Henry Kissinger and then fire-bombed my ass like it was a small Cambodian village".

Good times! Good times!

If you ever get the chance to see it live I'd recommend it. It's really fun when you yell at the actors and they yell back. That's something you don't get from the movie.

edited December 1969

That does sound like a lot of fun... :lol:

The movie theater I would go to had a regular group of people who would be in full costume and act out the whole movie using the entire theater, and the rest of the audience would provide the atmosphere and sing and dance along and participate... lot's of fun...

If my mom knew where I was, I probably would have been grounded, mainly because she thought I was just staying at a friends house... I know my dad would have locked me up, as he even said that he didn't approve of that movie... :roll:

but hey, I could have been out doing other things in the middle of the night... oh wait.... ;-)