Looking for a certain style coat for Genesis or M4/M3

RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Last night on Once Upon a Time David Ander's character wore a really cool looking coat. He is the one on the left in the picture below. The closest I think I have to this is probably Luthbel's Corsair or maybe a few historical outfits I have. Has anyone seen a coat in this style for Genesis or M4/M3?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

It is. Honestly, the more I think about it the more I think Luthbel's corsair is already extremely close it just is sort of a mirror image. I did a render a few days ago with Luthbel's coat and it looks pretty similar though the collar is different.

Ghost.jpg
    791 x 908 - 391K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

How embarrassing! I have that outfit I just totally forgot about it. I bet with some creative shaders/texturing it'd work perfectly!

edited December 1969

I played with a little. That coat and Luthbel's both work pretty well though Luthbel's has more cool details. I had a weird distortion on the coat when I used autofit but put it on and did a real quick test render with the same figure from before.

New_coat_test_render.jpg
    791 x 908 - 128K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

I played with a little. That coat and Luthbel's both work pretty well though Luthbel's has more cool details. I had a weird distortion on the coat when I used autofit but put it on and did a real quick test render with the same figure from before.

It's doing the right and left "legs" of the coat almost as if they were pants. Enabling smoothing might help. Or using a different donor (a like functioning item such as the MFD) or a different projection template.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Or using a different donor (a like functioning item such as the MFD) or a different projection template.

This part here? Way over my head. I don't know what a projection template is. Do you mean where you choose "shirt" or whatever in the autofit drop downs? I rarely use them as they don't seem to ever be fitting for what I am using.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Or using a different donor (a like functioning item such as the MFD) or a different projection template.

This part here? Way over my head. I don't know what a projection template is. Do you mean where you choose "shirt" or whatever in the autofit drop downs? I rarely use them as they don't seem to ever be fitting for what I am using.

When using the Transfer Utility, instead of picking Genesis, choose something else. What ever else you do pick needs to be loaded in the scene, though...so to use the MFD, you would need that loaded.

And yeah, something like that for projection template.

How are the buttons made on it?

I bet you can get even closer by hiding them and making your own...scaling a cylinder and creating instances/geometry shells and placing them...