Transparent background

dckbnflddckbnfld Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I am trying to make a short video intro that consists of a 3d model man walking across the screen while other graphic elements(static and dynamic) are displayed as well. Using Animate2, I can easily get the model to walk. However, when I try to render it as a movie, the coloured background renders as well. This makes it impossible for me to overlay the model on the other graphics in my intro as the model is surrounded by a large coloured rectangle. I have tried using a transparent background made in Photoshop and this works if I only render one scene and save it as a PNG. When I try to render it as a movie (AVI), the background is rendered as white and again I cannot overlay it
.I should add that I am using BluffTitler to make the video intro and importing the walking man onto a video layer.
Can anyone help!

Dick B

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

you could make the background green to use chroma key in whatever software your using to mix the video?

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can render it as an image sequence, which is one still for each frame of your animation. DS (and I'm assuming poser), or reality if your using that, has this feature.

You then import the sequence into your video editor and the background will be transparent.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    You can render it as an image sequence, which is one still for each frame of your animation. DS (and I'm assuming poser), or reality if your using that, has this feature.

You then import the sequence into your video editor and the background will be transparent.

This is what I've always done. Make sure and use PNG or TIF to preserve alpha transparency. :)
  • mlord5673mlord5673 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Create a scene (Cube) that has sides that you set your characters in, surface color the "scene" as solid color green. Create your animation. That should give you the green "backdrop" that you need. You can import your video with the green chromakey backdrop into Techsmith's Camtasia and it can automatically drop out the green for you to give the transparency.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

Save As PNG or TIFF as Adam says as they have transparent Alpha Layers as the Default BG. I use this all the time in my Animation. No need to color the Background. But I will offer this, due to the Anti alias process the render Engine uses, a Black Background blends the best with all my Green screen type editing. Also your Pixel Samples setting in the Render settings determines how thin any outline might be, the higher the setting the smaller they are, I use from 16 to 32 most times in my output, this will increase the render times slightly. So adjust your render settings to best suit your needs.

Post edited by Jaderail on