Where do I install the different files for DSON?

RonLeeRonLee Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Loaded DSON into Poser 2012, and the basic installation seems to be working well. Now, I'm ready to install the Genesis files that came with the figures which I'd previously ignored.

I'm placing all my genesis files into it's own directory, named Genesis...

For example, I want to load Thorne's Princess which is DSON compatible. The DAZ files are:
13503_PrincessV4_1.2_dpc.exe
13503_PrincessLegacy_1.2_trx.exe
13503_PrincessPoserCF_1.2_dpc.exe
13503_Princess_1.2_trx.exe

I've tried loading all four into my C:\DAZ\Genesis directory I use for all my Poser/Genesis figures. The content shows up and the mat file loads but none of the figure loads for head or body load into the genesis basic female.
Any suggestions???
Thanks, Ron

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

For Poser you only need to install the last two, the .trx and the PoserCF. Make sure you're loading Genesis presets and not V4 injections.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

All these files are just too confusing, especially with products that are more than 4 or 6 months old. While this doesn't exactly have anything to do with the original question, I want to make sure I understand what all these files are for.

Poser/DS install file for V4 to be installed in whatever runtime I'd normally install Gen 4 content.
    13503_PrincessV4_1.2_dpc.exe

DSON installer which should be installed in whatever runtime I install Genesis DSON content.
    13503_PrincessPoserCF_1.2_dpc.exe

DS installer which should also be installed in whatever runtime I install Genesis DSON content.
    13503_Princess_1.2_trx.exe

Pre DSON DAZ Studio (older than DS4.5) Genesis? installer? As a Poser only user, I can ignore it completely.
    13503_PrincessLegacy_1.2_trx.exe

Old ds installer (pre Genesis?) which I would also ignore ... unless there was no trx file?
    13503_PrincessV4_1.2_ds.exe
    (I encountered several ds installers while installing Genesis/V5/S5 bundle content yesterday)

For Poser you only need to install the last two, the .trx and the PoserCF. Make sure you're loading Genesis presets and not V4 injections.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

The CF installer is the Poser Companion Files - that should go in your Poser folder. All files should be in foldrs available to Poser as content libraries.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Well yeah! It's the Poser Companion file. Which is different from the actual DSON Core installer. (Just another indication of how confusing all this stuff is that I called it a DSON installer instead of Poser Companion installer ... when I knew it was the Poser Companion files.)

and of course ... I knew "whatever runtime I install Genesis DSON content" meant Poser Companion content. And ... that there are almost as many places as there are Poser users for a Windows user to install Poser content (like ... the Poser application Runtime, the Poser 'version' content Runtime or some other 'external' Poser Runtime folder, or even the Studio/My Library Runtime) as long as that Runtime is mapped in Poser.)

Since the Poser Companion installer cluttered up my Poser Runtime with a whole bunch of DS folders outside the Runtime folder, I'm happier keeping the Genesis content completely segregated from my Poser content.

I have to have SOME organization in my life!

The CF installer is the Poser Companion Files - that should go in your Poser folder. All files should be in foldrs available to Poser as content libraries.
  • Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A Que Plz.
    I have Windows 7

I downloaded the Dson into my poser 9, I downloaded V5 Made for the Dson in.
    I see her in my program but I can’t bring her into my work area.
    I get a message saying Dson not found, I see the folder in there when I look in the folder where it was Auto put.

Is there a different way to bring her in, I can’t get any of them to pull up, or did I do something wrong ?

I downloaded the files:

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.13_Win64, Since that’s what my computer says, instead of the Win 32.

Then I downloaded:

14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc
    And
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx

There was 4 files for Window's PC, I downloaded the 3 files, It Auto put them in.

Any help sure would be appreciated
    Thanks

edited December 1969

A Que Plz.
    I have Windows 7

I downloaded the Dson into my poser 9, I downloaded V5 Made for the Dson in.
    I see her in my program but I can’t bring her into my work area.
    I get a message saying Dson not found, I see the folder in there when I look in the folder where it was Auto put.

Is there a different way to bring her in, I can’t get any of them to pull up, or did I do something wrong ?

I downloaded the files:

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.13_Win64, Since that’s what my computer says, instead of the Win 32.

Then I downloaded:

14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc
    And
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx

There was 4 files for Window's PC, I downloaded the 3 files, It Auto put them in.

Any help sure would be appreciated
    Thanks

You need the 32-bit version because Poser 9 is 32-bit, even if your OS is 64-bit.

edited December 1969

My friend has the same computer & it wouldn't let her put in the 64 bit so she put in the 32 & her's is doing the same way, she can see it but they want pull up in the work area & she gets the same message as I do.

So how do I take out the 64 bit install, I never have my install to have a icon on the window to uninstall or I would have hunders of them.
    Will it hurt to just go ahead & install the 32 with the 64 still in there?

If I do the 32 then it would be like my friends & still not work.
    but I'll try anything, really wanted to get some stuff for it while Daz has it on sell.

Thanks

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited December 1969

Try installing the 64 bit version again, with the same settings but this time allow it to create an uninstaller. Then uninstall and install the 32 bit version instead (though they shouldn't conflict, since a user with Poser pro 2012 might have both versions, or might also have Poser 9, installed).

edited December 1969

I tried running the 32 bit, if gave me the chance to uninstall before installing the 32 so I said yes, it uninstalled 64 & put in 32, but as my friend, I can see V5 but she will not go into my work area & gives me this message: :(

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Victoria 5\Victoria 5.py", line 1, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI :)

I tried running the 32 bit, if gave me the chance to uninstall before installing the 32 so I said yes, it uninstalled 64 & put in 32,

this seems wrong.

A 32 bit program, and a 64 bit program can BOTH be installed on the same system,..
    The 32 bit installer will only see the 32 bit "previous version"
    and it won't uninstall a 64 bit version. it's a different program, in a different folder structure.

The same applies to the 64bit program,.. it will only un-install a previous 64 bit installation, ...Not a 32 bit version.

I have both Poser 9 (32 bit) and Poser pro 2012 (64 bit)

So, I have BOTH the 32 bit DSON in poser 9 , and the 64bit DSON in Poser2012

The DSON importer needs to be installed into your main program folder. EG: Poser9

Hope that makes sense :)

edited December 1969

I had installed the 32 with the 64 in there then went back with the 32 so I guess it must of uninstalled the 32 & put it back in there I guess I need to try the 64 to see if it will ask, so I guess it's still in there. :(

I pointed it to download to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser 9 & clicked OK.

Is that where I am to download it at ?

Thanks for your help.

edited December 1969

It is out & I checked the add remove in my computer also, put back the 32 again just incase. lol

Open my program posers 9 & still doing the same thing.

I noticed where my Posers 7 & posers 9 it has a folder Poser Pro 2012 don't know how or when it got there, all that is in it is a uninstall folder.

I think I need to re-install my poser 9 take everything out & re download the program & leave it alone, the Dson is way to hard & way over my head. lol

Thanks

edited December 1969

Poser Pro 2012 don’t know how or when it got there, all that is in it is a uninstall folder.

This was probably created when you installed the 64bit version.. it shouldn't be there, ...but you should run the Uninstaller in that folder to see if it uninstalls anything, ...if it doesn't,. or says it can't find anything to uninstall, then you should be able to delete that Poser2012 folder and the uninstaller file.

You shouldn't need to re install poser.
    you should have an uninstaller for the 32 bit version of DSON,. and that should remove it...

A couple of questions or thoughts, before you do anything,...

Q: Is your Poser 9 version updated to the latest service pack (I think its 3.1)

Q: Is your Daz Studio,. the latest 4.5.1.6 version.

both of these are needed for DSON in Poser to work.

So,..
    If you're running Poser 9. you need to install the 32bit DSON and have the latest service pack for Poser, and the latest Daz Studio.

If you're running Poser 2012 64bit , then you need the 64 bit DSON ..plus the latest service pack for that, and the latest Daz Studio

Hope it helps :)

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Poser Pro 2012 don’t know how or when it got there, all that is in it is a uninstall folder.

This was probably created when you installed the 64bit version.. it shouldn't be there, ...but you should run the Uninstaller in that folder to see if it uninstalls anything, ...if it doesn't,. or says it can't find anything to uninstall, then you should be able to delete that Poser2012 folder and the uninstaller file.

You shouldn't need to re install poser.
    you should have an uninstaller for the 32 bit version of DSON,. and that should remove it...

A couple of questions or thoughts, before you do anything,...

Q: Is your Poser 9 version updated to the latest service pack (I think its 3.1)

Q: Is your Daz Studio,. the latest 4.5.1.6 version.

both of these are needed for DSON in Poser to work.

So,..
    If you're running Poser 9. you need to install the 32bit DSON and have the latest service pack for Poser, and the latest Daz Studio.

If you're running Poser 2012 64bit , then you need the 64 bit DSON ..plus the latest service pack for that, and the latest Daz Studio

Hope it helps :)

You don't need DS to use DSON, only to convert products that haven't been converted yet.

edited December 1969

You're quite right Mike ,. My bad,

...over-thinking,.. or under-thinking again.

edited December 1969

I just bought poster 9 installed it about 3-4 days ago, I just ran the SR3.1

I don't have poser 2012 or Daz.

I have Poser 7 & 9

When I ran the SR 3.1 just now I got a message it said:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: No module named dson

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: No module named dson

Went ahead brought up posers 9 tried to bring in several of the Daz people that was already there & got the same message as before.

I just don't know what I am doing wrong & would love to be able to use the 5 Gen.

Is there a suport that could use a Team veiwer to see what is going on?

Thanks

edited December 1969

Afriend sent me a link from Daz step by step, I printed the Step by Step out & did like it shows, ran the 2 files in a folder I made out side of the program & the other 32 file added in my program at poster 9, The SR3 I ran to the program.

I brought mt external run in 9, I can pull up the Daz people now, but when I try to bring V5 in it shuts down my program. :(

I'm a bit closer but still no cookie. lol
    Any Ideals what I am doing wrong?