Who Are the Men of Character???

KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Back in the old forums MotoTsume was kind enough to list the faces he recognized from Men of Character:

Anthony -> Anthony Quinn
Antonio -> Antonio Banderes
Brendan -> Brendan Fraser
Daniel -> Daniel Craig
Dennis -> Dennis Hopper
Djimon -> Djimon Hounsou
Ian -> Ian McKellen
Marlon -> Marlon Brando
Robert -> Robert Redford
Sean -> Sean Connery
Vigo -> Vigo Mortenssen

Now Men of Character II is out! Of course I snapped it up, but I'm neither culturally savy nor good at facial recognition -- do any of these strongly resemble any well-known faces?

M5-Adam-Head
M5-Bill-Head
M5-Brennan-Head
M5-Bruce-Head
M5-Claudius-Head
M5-Don-Head
M5-Drew-Head
M5-Enzi-Head
M5-George-Head
M5-Jake-Head
M5-Jean-Head
M5-Jeremy-Head
M5-Joem-Head
M5-Josh-Head
M5-Liam-Head
M5-Matt-Head
M5-Micah-Head
M5-Nolan-Head
M5-Peter-Head
M5-Robert-Head
M5-Russell-Head
M5-ShadowHawk-Head
M5-SpottedWolf-Head
M5-Tony-Head

Post edited by KickAir 8P on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I just took a quick look, (don't have the product yet) but one head looked like Robert Englund(sp?) (aka Freddy from the original Nightmare on Elm Street movies.)

There are a couple of other faces in the promos that trigger the "I know that face" reaction, but I can't put names with them.

• RomancefantasyRomancefantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

From the first promo pic, I can see Ewan McGregor and I think Lenny Kravitz. Glad to see this in the store.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I haven't bought these yet... but I was wondering... I have M5... would I need to set M5 slider to 1 before I play with these dials or all you need is to have M5 and you can use these dials directly.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    I haven't bought these yet... but I was wondering... I have M5... would I need to set M5 slider to 1 before I play with these dials or all you need is to have M5 and you can use these dials directly.

You dial the M5 slider to 100. However, you can dial to a percentage, add in another, like David, as a percentage, even females or creatures and get some interesting variations. You can also mix the MOC faces themselves with each other and others in varying percentages.

Cris

edited December 1969

As to who the Men of Character are based on....hmmmm....well, I'll reveal a few. Mainly cuz I use inspiration and am not trying to recreate. I go for the flavor of the face and what appeals to me. I have tried to do faces that were interesting and not just handsome. Robert is actually inspired by Robert Carlyle, but has tones of Robert Englund. Liam has the profile of the actor Liam Neeson who has such a wonderful nose. Don was inspired by Don Cheadle. I'll let you guys guess some of the rest. I hope you enjoy using them as much as I enoyed making them. I have more morphs for the men coming; am presently working on a set for V5.

Thanks, everyone.
    Cris

Back in the old forums MotoTsume was kind enough to list the faces he recognized from Men of Character:

Anthony -> Anthony Quinn
    Antonio -> Antonio Banderes
    Brendan -> Brendan Fraser
    Daniel -> Daniel Craig
    Dennis -> Dennis Hopper
    Djimon -> Djimon Hounsou
    Ian -> Ian McKellen
    Marlon -> Marlon Brando
    Robert -> Robert Redford
    Sean -> Sean Connery
    Vigo -> Vigo Mortenssen

Now Men of Character II is out! Of course I snapped it up, but I'm neither culturally savy nor good at facial recognition -- do any of these strongly resemble any well-known faces?

M5-Adam-Head
    M5-Bill-Head
    M5-Brennan-Head
    M5-Bruce-Head
    M5-Claudius-Head
    M5-Don-Head
    M5-Drew-Head
    M5-Enzi-Head
    M5-George-Head
    M5-Jake-Head
    M5-Jean-Head
    M5-Jeremy-Head
    M5-Joem-Head
    M5-Josh-Head
    M5-Liam-Head
    M5-Matt-Head
    M5-Micah-Head
    M5-Nolan-Head
    M5-Peter-Head
    M5-Robert-Head
    M5-Russell-Head
    M5-ShadowHawk-Head
    M5-SpottedWolf-Head
    M5-Tony-Head

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

Men of character for V5 or women of character for V5?

edited December 1969

Men of character for V5 or women of character for V5?

Each product will have it's own name, probably not Women of Character. :) Haven't decided yet.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Every time I see a reference to these products I can't help but get the Bud Light 'Real Men of Genius' tune stuck in my head.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

Just wondering: is Men of Character II supposed to have a metadata file? One didn't show up in my downloads, and it's not possible to tell from the product page if there's supposed to be one, so I just wanted to make sure.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Meta data is also built into the installer so that extra file isn't important.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Meta data is also built into the installer so that extra file isn't important.

...then what on earth is that extra file for? Or is that a new development with the new store? (In which case ... what is that extra file for?)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Just in case the metadata get updated you don't have to re-install the whole product.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If the set is just morph dials with no presets, then there will be no metadata -- the morph dials are all available at startup and there's nothing in the Content Library to require metadata.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

As to who the Men of Character are based on....hmmmm....well, I'll reveal a few . . . Don was inspired by Don Cheadle . . .

And Don Cheadle played War Machine in IronMan2 and is gonna do it again in IronMan3. So . . .

War Machine - Target Acquired
    WarMachineTargetAcquired800.jpg
    667 x 800 - 124K