Genesis M4 and original M4 clothes and textures

ShadowSkillzShadowSkillz Posts: 199
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey

Does anyone know if the genesis version of M4 is compatible with the original M4 clothes and textures? I would expect them to be, but I'd love to know if anyone has ever tested this.

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Are you useing DS or Poser?? In DS Genesis can pretty much wear all of the Generation 4 clothes,shoes are the only problem,they don't work so good.If you get the clone shapes for Generations 3 & 4 all of the clothes will be useable with Genesis.

• ShadowSkillzShadowSkillz Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Oh, well i'm using Poser, but the same should hold true for poser as well?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

No, DS4 uses the Autofit plugin which uses a clone shape to make Gen3 and Gen4 clothing fit Genesis. It is a DS4 only plugin, so it wont work with Poser.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

I'm using Poser and the M4 textures work pretty well but the morphs need to be transferred -- best way so I hear is with GenX but you have to buy that plugin and it's not a Daz Original so a bit pricey at the moment; I've been hammering mine in the hard way with the tools in Studio, when they work well it's pretty good but a long and tedious process that often needs adjustment afterwards to fix things up. Clothing is another matter, M4 outfits would need to be autofitted in Studio, then saved as a DUF and will work in Poser with a Poser Companion file. There ought to be a tutorial or two around here somewhere explaining that. Anyway, once you get that done it works pretty well except for certain boots and shoes that don't convert well at all. I've found flat, thin-soled shoes work best with autofit, over-the-knee boots also provided they aren't thick soled or have high heels, those always get distorted or hopelessly borked.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Are you useing DS or Poser?? In DS Genesis can pretty much wear all of the Generation 4 clothes,shoes are the only problem,they don't work so good.If you get the clone shapes for Generations 3 & 4 all of the clothes will be useable with Genesis.

Long skirts/dresses are also problematic...

edited December 1969

Forgot that. Also certain short ones, like the Helen and Aphrodite which are both V4 and very short. Helen ends up broken around the top where the chest and abdomen sections meet while Aphrodite gets a notch out of the bottom every time I try autofitting them. Would be nice if there were Genesis versions of those.

edited October 2012

Byrdie said:
    Forgot that. Also certain short ones, like the Helen and Aphrodite which are both V4 and very short. Helen ends up broken around the top where the chest and abdomen sections meet while Aphrodite gets a notch out of the bottom every time I try autofitting them. Would be nice if there were Genesis versions of those.

Sometimes subdividing will cure some of those kind of breaks...

Also the notch could be a geometry issue or it could be a weight mapping one...if a weight mapping one, it is fixable with weightmap brush, before saving the conversion out as a new/converted item.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it goes.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:

Is it hard to convert such type of clothing to dynamic within poser?
    edited December 1969

Coon Ra said:
    mjc1016 said:

Is it hard to convert such type of clothing to dynamic within poser?

I don't know...don't have Poser. But, depending on how it's made, it can be pretty easy to do in other apps (like Blender)