Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Maybe you should do two mask versions. I like this one too!

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

muck and the duck

homage2b4web.jpg
    615 x 800 - 260K
    edited December 1969

COOL. Now is this the Genesis Duck or the Gen 4 Duck?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    COOL. Now is this the Genesis Duck or the Gen 4 Duck?

Started out as the Genesis duck, then I reworked the morph to make it more cartoon like, then I reworked the textures to accommodate the morph.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Made some foot wraps and added movement morphs to the mask tonight.

raphprogress.jpg
    462 x 600 - 91K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Nice work, Joequick!

Captain America

Here is a strong Captain America costume I really like.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Awesome work Joe !

edited December 1969

Cool stuff there Joe! :-)

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Joe, if you offer that Shark Man as a product, I will gladly pay good money for it.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:

Joe, if you offer that Shark Man as a product, I will gladly pay good money for it.

I'm in too.

-- Walt Sterdan

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

has anyone seen a helmet like Orion from Kirby's New Gods wears?

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited October 2012

Hey, Joe!

Think you can render this hero? :lol:

Cute Ninja Turtle, by the way. ;-)

imgpress.jpg
    600 x 874 - 113K
    Post edited by K T Ong on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Sharkman for Genesis is in the shop and it looks awesome.

Congrats Joe!

• equinoxx5equinoxx5 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

An S4-based, TV-esque Batgirl, using Cage's cowl and belt, with V4 bodysuit and hooded cloak (also, Joe's freebie Golden Age add-on fins). No effort was made to morph the face into an Yvonne-alike, just going for the general feel. Batgirl Cycle by DrunkenDragon.

"Whose Baby Are You"
    Where do you come from?
    Where do you go?
    What is your scene?
    Baby, we just gotta know.

Batgirl, Batgirl...
    Batgirl, Batgirl.

Are you a chick
    Who fell in from outer space?
    Or are you real
    With a tender, warm embrace?

Yeah, whose baby are you?

Batgirl...

WhoseBaby_full.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1003K
  • ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:

It's out now as Killer Shark with a 20% discount! Hoping to get it, but my payday is different. *sigh*

It looks great, though. Great job, Joe! :)

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work Joe, I really love the Shark! :bug:

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Sweet Shark, I see you have the DSON Core installer!!! YEAA!!!!! I'll get him this weekend. Can you add that to the Muck one too?

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

I know this isnt the Jack Kirby version but it looks very similar to it for photo references...

http://insidepulse.com/2012/10/13/nycc-2012-cliff-chiangs-new-god-orion-redesign-released-for-brian-azzarellos-wonder-woman-dc-comics-new-52-title/

David

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

BTW, Joe, where are the ripped pants from that you're using in your Shark Man renders?

edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    BTW, Joe, where are the ripped pants from that you're using in your Shark Man renders?

Mr Hyde

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited December 1969

I decided to update my M4 Superman while I took a break from trying to troubleshoot DSON, and this is the result. The look is deliberately classic, 'cause quite frankly, the latest rendition of the suit is just a big eyesore for me. I was never really fond of Singer's version (the codpiece rode too low, for starters) but after seeing what DC and Snyder have cooked up for "Man of Steel," I was ready to beg the Powers That Be to bring Singer back! I especially can't stand the new S-crest! One of the most iconic emblems in the world, and they still feel the need to "fix" something that was far from broken in the first place! And no John Williams theme music? I'm sorry, but that tune has become an integral part of the character by now!

So, in a way, this is as much for protest as it is for fun, LOL! All ranting aside, I may yet give "Man of Steel" a chance. It looks like the writing could be good, if I can manage to look past the aesthetic blasphemies.

Superman5Mini.jpg
    600 x 600 - 171K
    edited December 1969

Classic Supes is the best! He looks great!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.... any chance of getting that in Genesis? *whimper begging noises*

edited December 1969

That reminds me... Joe, is your new supper suit for Genesis mapped similarly to your Mach suit you did for M4?? If so getting Marvel and Lightening Lad over will be easy peasy. I have Chameleon Boy's skin textures about 80% done and doing a 2nd skin for him as well but need boots that have the point up in the front. Had to redo the antennae ... somehow the transfer from M4 to Genesis failed but did that using DS 4.0. Seems OK redone in 4.5. Vest is .... not to my liking. Need to take that into ZB and zoop it up some more now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing. Want it to look like a mixture of Cockrum's Cham and James Sherman's Cham.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    That reminds me... Joe, is your new supper suit for Genesis mapped similarly to your Mach suit you did for M4?? If so getting Marvel and Lightening Lad over will be easy peasy. I have Chameleon Boy's skin textures about 80% done and doing a 2nd skin for him as well but need boots that have the point up in the front. Had to redo the antennae ... somehow the transfer from M4 to Genesis failed but did that using DS 4.0. Seems OK redone in 4.5. Vest is .... not to my liking. Need to take that into ZB and zoop it up some more now that I have a better idea of what I'm doing. Want it to look like a mixture of Cockrum's Cham and James Sherman's Cham.

It's a different mesh. The seams are in about the same place. But they're different meshes, they're not going to have the same uv map.

edited December 1969

Belt, knee pads and revised mask. The belt is inflated due to a push modifier. It's two sided and the back was pushing through the front where it was colliding with the rear shell. I may go back and turn it into a one sided mesh.

Raph2.jpg
    615 x 800 - 162K
    edited December 1969

Looks really good.

and thanks for the info on the suits. I figured as much but every so often things line up .... oh well! lol

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Landshark: knock,knock. "Candygram!"------ (am I showing my age)

This discussion has been closed.