Light bulbs on a wire

HeraHera Posts: 1,952
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello!

Anyone know if there are any light bulb wires out there (or perhaps single bulbs). I'm looking for something like this and possibly with easy pose wires

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

There was something like this in the Xmas freebies thread of either last year or the year before. Does anyone know if it's still possible to link to those threads in the old forums and still get the files?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If you know the link, you change it from forum.daz3d.com/rest of link to forumarchive.daz3d.com/rest of link.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think all those have been linked to in a thread in the FreePozatory Forum.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Would that we could. Unfortunately they were held on the same sub domain as the old freebie archive.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Would that we could. Unfortunately they were held on the same sub domain as the old freebie archive.

Yes, but some of the PAs have the items in alternate locations...I know at least Fisty does.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited October 2012

rope dance at renderosity has single lights on wires

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/rope-dance-for-v4/64278

Post edited by adzan on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited October 2012

I picked up this set up last year and it includes a set of easy pose Christmas lights, though they are candelabra shaped bulbs.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/yuletide-treasure-tree-2011

yuletide-treasure-tree-2011-6.jpg
    500 x 650 - 107K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited October 2012

I found I had another set of Christmas lights with Easy Pose, but the product "Holiday Decorations" is no longer a stand alone product. It is still offered in the Holiday Havoc Bundle of 22 items and is a DAZ O currently on sale. If you're a PC Member the price drops to $29.95 and you can drop it a few more with one of the current DAZ O coupons.

I just installed both light sets and the light included in the Holiday Decorations package is much nicer in appearance and has more flexible options in the surfaces tab. The shape is much different too. It has "glow" modeled into each light which can be controlled individually in the surfaces tab or as a group with the included presets. Both sets have individual bulb surfaces for 5 (Yuletide Tree) or 6 (Holiday Decorations) bulbs.

Here is a sample render. Upper string is from the Yuletide Treasure Tree 2011 and the two lower strings are from the Holiday Decorations package. The top and bottom string of light are in the same vertical plane to show the difference in size.

Edit: I fiddled around with the middle string to turn them white in the surfaces tab. I'm sure you can get them to look tanslucent like the default colored set if you knew what all of the sliders do.

lights.jpg
    892 x 898 - 134K
    Post edited by Lindsey on