Using Victoria 3 items and poses with Victoria 4.2 - possible or not?

joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is it possible to use items made for Victoria 3 (clothing, poses, etc.) with Victoria 4.2 at all? (I'm asking because I've been seeing a number of cool V3 items that don't appear to have a direct V4.2 equivalent, even though V4.2 still has the widest range of items for any figure in the series.) If so, is a special modifying program required? I remember seeing a facility in the Victoria 4.2 program that has the legend V4.2 --> V3, but I'm not sure what that does or if it's the kind of thing I'd need to adapt V3 items to be able to use with V4.2 (or to mod a V4.2 figure to accept V4 items).

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THe V4-V3 hybrid figure is a figure with V4 mapping etc, but the body shape is the same as V3, so it can wear V3 clothes, although it need V4 skin textures. You can morph the head using V4 morphs, but the body shape is just standard V3 body shape with no morphing facilities.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

You can also get a cross dresser licence from Evil Innocence
    http://www.evilinnocence.com/store/shop-by-category/crossdresser.html

or Wardrobe wizard.
    http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

If you have the Gen 3 shapes for Genesis you can auto fit V3 stuff to Genesis.

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

OK, that answers the part of the question about items (clothing, etc.) How about poses and pose sets? Are V3 pose sets usable with V4?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI joea64 :)

V4's body structure is mostly the same as V3,. but there are some differences in the feet angles.

most poses should at least apply, but they may not be perfect, or exactly the same as the pose applied to a V3 figure, and you may need to adjust some things.

There are plenty of Pose packs and animations for V4 / M4 figures. ...possibly more than for V3

Hope it helps :)

• joea64_bdfaa5ca94joea64_bdfaa5ca94 Posts: 298
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    HI joea64 :)

V4's body structure is mostly the same as V3,. but there are some differences in the feet angles.

most poses should at least apply, but they may not be perfect, or exactly the same as the pose applied to a V3 figure, and you may need to adjust some things.

There are plenty of Pose packs and animations for V4 / M4 figures. ...possibly more than for V3

Hope it helps :)

It does. :) As far as feet go, I think those can fairly well be adjusted (I find myself having to adjust feet all the time anyway because when footwear for a V4 figure is applied to a V4 model, the default position often looks odd). The thing about V3 sets, though, is that they're often cheaper than V4 sets when they're still available, and many of them are even available free, so if they can be made to work with V4 reasonably easily, that's a definite plus.