Genesis Police Officer - Opacity query

HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
edited October 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

In the Police Officer outfit for Genesis I am attempting to turn off the opacity for the boots.

The outfit is all one piece and the boots suffer from what I have come to call 'T100 in a steel mill' syndrome i.e. they look melted at the bottom. I am trying to turn the opacity off and load a different pair of boots but there is no opacity slider for the boots materials. There is one all other materials but not the boots.

Does anyone know how I might achieve making the boots invisible please?

Pics to show surfaces of Boots and Shirt materials.

Post edited by Haruchai on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Apply a different shader, or take that shader into Shader Mixer and set the Opacity output to black.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Apply a different shader, or take that shader into Shader Mixer and set the Opacity output to black.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response. Just changing the Opacity to black from white in the surfaces tab worked.

Thanks again for the help.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Ah, I'd missed that the was already a colour theer - I thought you meant there was no opacity property. at all. In fact opacity is always controlled by a colour (with the red, green and blue values controlling how opaque the surface is to red, blue and green light) - it's just that the default shader replaces that with a slider that translates to a level of grey (unless you use a colour map to control it).

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Ah, I'd missed that the was already a colour theer - I thought you meant there was no opacity property. at all. In fact opacity is always controlled by a colour (with the red, green and blue values controlling how opaque the surface is to red, blue and green light) - it's just that the default shader replaces that with a slider that translates to a level of grey (unless you use a colour map to control it).

Thanks for the info. I'm used to a transparency dial in Poser so this all good stuff to know.

Here's the initial fruits of efforts. Police Officer original and then with Supersuit Boots. Looks promising but needs adjustments.

Genesis_Police_Officer_02.jpg
    600 x 890 - 45K
    Genesis_Police_Officer_01.jpg
    600 x 890 - 53K