Is anybody still working on new dynamic cloths?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

It seems it has been a long time since any new dynamic cloths for DAZ have come to market. Is content for the dynamic cloth plugin still being actively developed, or is it effectively dead?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

It seems it has been a long time since any new dynamic cloths for DAZ have come to market. Is content for the dynamic cloth plugin still being actively developed, or is it effectively dead?

they are still making them - just not as much

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THere is a thread here, from Martin (Optitex) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7143/

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

There has been about a dozen new releases including Genesis Supersiut addons; M5 wardrobe; leather jacket for M5 & F4; nightwear for V4 & an evening gown for V4.

All of which seems to have been released since Genesis figure came out.

Post edited by BWSman on
  • creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

where can i download optitex cloth creator demo?

Post edited by creativemodelsbe on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There isn't one for DAZ Studio if that is what you mean.

Creators use the Optitex software as far as I know, which costs around $10,000

edited December 1969

There isn't one for DAZ Studio if that is what you mean.

Creators use the Optitex software as far as I know, which costs around $10,000

$10,000 it is only for my 3d hobby cloth design are you crazy? :sick:
    is there really no other alternative for dynamic cloth design in studio?
    can we expect another alternative and have dynamic clothes?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,833
    edited December 1969

Nope, sadly we've been royally screwed by DAZ and Optipish with this system.

The Material room and Dynamics are the only reason I still have my old Poser 6 installed, as I use it's cloth room to do draped morphs for skirts and the like, before transferring it to DS.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

Actually, it is $14,000 now. I wanted to do it really bad but even the lease-to-own option monthly payment of about $700 per month was more then I can handle. This software is not for 3d Hobby. It is for professional garment creation. Martin makes nice clothing but its not a full time job for him. It is a hobby just like it is for us.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

There is more dynamic clothing in Martin's store:
    http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/

edited December 1969

Why did daz not leave opitex and go on with the real and available alternative marvelousdesigner?
    play with a demo and it looks really great piece of software.

• edited December 1969

There's really no reason for Dynamic cloth ... Use Blender Cloth Sim with a wind modifier to get the look you want, then add it as a morph. This allows you to get the look you want, and still have your clothing fit any character ..... You can morph just about anything you can see, and animate all the morphs. It takes a little keyframing, but is much easier to control and modify .... And Blender is Freeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Why did daz not leave opitex and go on with the real and available alternative marvelousdesigner?
    play with a demo and it looks really great piece of software.

Probably because MD haven't yet got their DS transfer ready. It's been promised for ages. Soon....

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm gonna get burned for this but... DS started as a Render only program, and for many versions stayed that way. The users are the ones who became Third Party Plugin creators to give DS more features. In the new versions that came out as those plugin's became standard needs for most of the users they were bought from the creators and added to the CORE of the DS program. 90% of what now comes as standard features in DS4 were things I had to BUY and ADD to DS as a plugin to use those features before DS4.

The FREE DS4.5.1.6 comes with MORE built in creation tools than I ever had in any other version of DS. Daz Studio started as a 3D render tool, it is becoming a 3D creation tool. Yes it still has a ways to go. I for one can not complain about the Features that I'm sure are being worked on but we do not have yet. The Difference's from DS2.3 to DS4.5 are so vast you really can not compare it to the other programs that have years of development time put into them before DS was even started. DS2.3 to DS4.5 has been done in just four years.

DS is growing. And it is Growing in power very fast. This is my view and I stand behind it. If DS does not fill your needs you are free to BUY any of the software on the market that will fill your needs.