How do you fit a texture?

DreammysticDreammystic Posts: 6
edited December 1969 in New Users

I created a image that is in shape of a circle, I want to place it on top of a flat cylinder primitive I created in Daz3d. However when I do this, the texture is overly large and not centered. What I want to do is shrink the image size and put it in the center so the circle image fits perfectly with the cylinder primitive.

I have no idea how to achieve this, I tried using the layered image editor to do this but its rather hard, since I can't view my changes in real time. So I figured that there has to be a easier way to do this.

I would appreciate help! Thanks!

Comments

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Do you have GIMP or an image editor? In DS, select the primitive and change your view to "UV view." That will show you the model projected flat on a surface - the texture template, like a texture map. I don't think you can save this view to a file but you can screen capture it - in windows 7, use the "snipping tool" and carefully select the area inside the black border. Paste that into a new image in GIMP and paint your texture over it, save the result as a JPG, and then load it as the diffuse color.

(There are more accurate ways to get a UV template but that's the quickest and doesn't require another app)

If the flat UV looks weird or totally squashed, your primitive doesn't have a good UV layout by default and needs to be remapped, which is a little more advanced.

• DreammysticDreammystic Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll try this and get back with you. Really I do appreciate the help!

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

If it doesn't work or is too hard, grab a screen cap of your cylinder and I'll map a similar one for you. :)

• DreammysticDreammystic Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Your advice works perfectly, thanks a bunch!