- - Spyro's Render Thread and Projects - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Spyro - Project Bloodline

This will be completed once I've made his full costume... But, so far it's taking a long time to make it.

SpyroBloodline_Working.png
    1750 x 1000 - 2M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks good my friend. Render on.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Very, very nice! And it works well as your new avatar.

edited December 1969

Very, very nice! And it works well as your new avatar.

Thanks Scott! I'm loving my new render quality knowledge! (Thanks Jaderail) I just need to work out the material/shader for the hair... I cant for the life of me get the back light to affect the edge of his hair with the bright edges like it is on the skin.

edited December 1969

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1

(Part 1)

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_Shot_1.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_Shot_0.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    edited December 1969

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 2)

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_3.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_2.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    edited December 1969

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 3)

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_5.png
    1500 x 1190 - 1M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_4.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    edited December 1969

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 4)

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_7.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_6.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    edited October 2012

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 5)

To be continued...

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_8.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro - Project Bloodline

This will be completed once I've made his full costume... But, so far it's taking a long time to make it.

really fantastic and it does work well as your new avatar :)

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

I have to laugh at your new room web cartoons especially the ones with Jaderail in them.. really good stuff..

edited December 1969

LOL! Thank you and Thank you again :cheese: I had fun making those!

edited December 1969

Made my DAY Spyro! That was totally cool. We all got a laugh or more out of that one. I think my brother even cracked a smile (LOL for him)!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Made my DAY Spyro! That was totally cool. We all got a laugh or more out of that one. I think my brother even cracked a smile (LOL for him)!

LOL, long overdue... I even extended your phone call to News seven, as you went to town on Angelina for reporting old news and that your lawsuit was well and truly processed and that you were compensated... But it was all too sidetracking... so it was cut.

I'm glad you liked it... I've been very careful not to leak the info on that particular story as tempting as it has been lol I even at one point posted a render of one of the frames for advice and pixelated the jaderail story haha!

edited October 2012

I caught that but you hid it well. I'm liking your News network, how do I get it as a direct feed to my desktop? :-P

P.S. The part were I used the wrong name was KILLER.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I caught that but you hid it well. I'm liking your News network, how do I get it as a direct feed to my desktop? :-P

P.S. The part were I used the wrong name was KILLER.

LMAO! Even as I wrote the script the temptation to do it was overwhelming! Even had me laughing for a while :-P

edited December 1969

You never got back to me on the Primitive Weapons set. Smart prop or not? Your set, your call.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You never got back to me on the Primitive Weapons set. Smart prop or not? Your set, your call.

If you'd like to sure! :cheese: ......As I mentioned a while back, there may be some complications though, since there are like separate props with separate materials making it a total of 32 props... I didn't know how to make exportable texture presets, so for instance there are 4x Spears using an identical model each with their own texture set. The shaders themselves are identical between each model, just the textures are different. Which makes me think, each item would need to be smart propped individually... unless you loaded the other textures onto the one model which was smart propped. (you're the smart prop wiz after all lol I'm sure you would have better Idea's than me lol)

In future items/props, I'll need to learn how to make texture presets. I had so much trouble uploading those props cos of the large size of the RAR file. It's weight would have been about 10% of what it currently is.

edited December 1969

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 6)

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_10F.png
    1500 x 1190 - 1M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_9.png
    1500 x 1190 - 2M
    edited December 1969

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 7)

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_12.png
    1500 x 1190 - 1M
    News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_11.png
    1500 x 1190 - 1M
    edited December 1969

News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 8)

To be continued...

News7_-_Episode_5_V2_shot_13.png
    1500 x 1190 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@Skiriki

Here is my first progress images for the glasses. ATM, I'm constructing the frame.

Now I know you want the lens to glare, but are you doing this in daz or on PS... If in daz, I will be considering making the lens thicker in the center like a pair of real glasses, having it smoothly go thin on it's outer edges... If using reflections It would be necessary, but If your doing it in PS, It may not be.

Also... Do you want the slight curve? If you look down at a pair of sunnies they slightly curve around the face and slightly move inwards at the bottom of the frame holding the lenses.

SkiGlas_Per_1.jpg
    1473 x 767 - 173K
    SkiGlas_WirFr_1.jpg
    1473 x 767 - 983K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 8)

To be continued...

This is a great series! Love it :lol:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    News7 - Season 2
    Episode 1 (Continued)

(Part 8)

To be continued...

This is a great series! Love it :lol:

Thanks man! I have had fun making them :cheese:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    @Skiriki

Here is my first progress images for the glasses. ATM, I'm constructing the frame.

Now I know you want the lens to glare, but are you doing this in daz or on PS... If in daz, I will be considering making the lens thicker in the center like a pair of real glasses, having it smoothly go thin on it's outer edges... If using reflections It would be necessary, but If your doing it in PS, It may not be.

Also... Do you want the slight curve? If you look down at a pair of sunnies they slightly curve around the face and slightly move inwards at the bottom of the frame holding the lenses.

Woo! And yes, I'm doing this in DAZ, I don't have Poser. And treat them like a pair of normal glasses (they're not sunglasses, but smart-glasses, much like what Google is nowdays up to) in face curvature; I basically don't need anything fancy, just their likeness. :)

Thanks! Looking awesome so far!

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    @Skiriki

Woo! And yes, I'm doing this in DAZ, I don't have Poser. And treat them like a pair of normal glasses in face curvature; I basically don't need anything fancy, just their likeness. :)

Thanks! Looking awesome so far! date=

By PS I meant Photo Shop lol - Wasn't sure if you were adding the glare/reflection in PS post work.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    By PS I meant Photo Shop lol - Wasn't sure if you were adding the glare/reflection in PS post work.

AH! Well I prefer to do that in render. :) Extra-challenging that way!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:

AH! Well I prefer to do that in render. :) Extra-challenging that way!

No worries... I've made it High res enough to do it with the frame... I'll start on the lenses tomorrow, I think I have an Idea how to make it all work. Keep your eye on the thread, I'll post more updates as I go. :cheese:

It's easier to post images on a thread than in PM lol - PM tends to be slow and the size limit is ridiculous.

edited December 1969

Yusss. I think I'm gonna go back to bed to digest our not-Halloween food. Ooog. So full of goodness...

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

"Jaderail hair" - I love that :coolgrin: