setNodeOrigin?

2»

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

That looks good, Richard. I'll try it.

Uh... you can save .DSAs in DS 4.5? I didn't know that. Or did you save it in DS3? If so, I wonder why it isn't working for me in DS3. I got no alt geom line at all when I saved a preset.

mac

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited December 1969

In 4.5 File>Save as>Deprecated has the full list of the old presets (for now, at least). It's very odd that it isn't working in DS3, though - I thought the real problems didn't start until 4.0 (geoemtry switching wasn't working at all initially, now it is to a limited extent).

edited December 1969

Ok. This is becoming ever more mysterious.

I saved a .DSA Pose Preset in DS 4.5 which works (in DS 4.5), but when I added that same line to the DS 3 preset, it doesn't work in DS 3, but the DS 3 preset works in DS 4.5.

The line is identical to the one you posted, so it would seem it's correct.

g_oPresetHelper.setNumericProperty( "Geometry", [ "left_drainpipe_600" ] );

The script executes normally in DS 3 and gives no errors, so there's no clue why it doesn't work. No DS 3 preset saves the alt geom line. (I'm using DSA 3.1.2.24 32-bit). It's as though this version I have of DS 3 ignores switching geom completely.

Frankly, I'm baffled and pretty fed up with DS altogether. I think I'm going to have to dump these presets and let the users figure it out for themselves.

Thanks for the help, Richard.

mac

edited December 1969

Hmmm... I discovered I had a later version of DS 3 - 3.1.2.32, so I installed it - and guess what - the old 1.5 presets now work for switching geom - but the new ones don't. And saved presets still ignore it.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that it's the figure itself. But I've tried with 4 different figs with alt geom and they're all the same - no preset saves the info. Admittedly, they're old, but a .cr2 hasn't changed much, so I don't see why it's a problem.

mac

edited December 1969

Well, it's obvious that DS oddities with geometry switching date back further than I thought - and to be fair, when the item of mine I've been mentioning was exported as a CR2 from DS3 the ERC code didn't work on the root control and I had to repair it (that's the CR2 that was working slightly better than the one for the changing ponytail).

edited December 1969

Ah, it is possible to get the shape controller (at least when it's slider) to appear in a .duf preset - but you have to change its type from None to one of the known types (I used Modifier/Shape) to do so. And that does then work for me in a saved .duf file. Not that helps you, since you want a general solution that includes older versions, but it does help to pin the details down.

edited December 1969

Well, there's no chance of them fixing DS 3 at this point, but since the DS 3 presets work in 4.5, I'll go with them.

It looks like it's going to take longer to update these 2 products than it took me to build the 3rd one. LOL.

mac