JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited October 2012

LOL Too funny.....yep I will be sticking around for some time to come, all being well. You never knows what is around the corner (which one of my work colleagues years ago answered with "probably a lamp post"). I could be abducted by aliens which I have wished for some time now...beam me up NOW!. You get the picture but yes I am in for the long haul.

Hey I wonder how that much would cost in advertising fees. Makes the mind boggle.

I made efforts to get that wig looking real, glad you approve. :)

betsy662 I could be sat in a computer chair and wheel myself out. :)

You will always recognise me Miss B....I'm the ugly one.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited October 2012

Szark said:
    Since Totte is sharing his PC contest images I thought I would join the bald wizard.

This has to be the most postwork I have ever done. All rendered in layers and masks made for each element. I really enjoyed this one and pleased how it turned out.

Nice work!

I like the way you used the Moon Gate too :)

Thanks Jack. I was inspired by another's image in the one of the PC render contests. Oh and those flames in the bottom of the pit are from the Library. I just rescaled the group of flames and then selected each one and used the Translation tool in the viewport to move them in to place.

Post edited by Szark on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

It's been a very recursive October for me . . . okay, Jack's stuff used: Moonshine's Diner, Moonshines Diner Interior I, Moonshine's Diner Interior II, Moonshine's Diner Interior III, Parkside Head Interior, Parkside Freight, Moonshines Drive-In Movie Theatre, and although most of it's barely visible (but at least a few pixels each, I checked), Atrophy, Forlorn for Parkside Point Interior (the rubble), Parkside Heath, and Moon Gate.

DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Temporal Anomaly - Scan Detected

TemporalAnomoly-ScanDetected-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 926K
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,118
    edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Hmmm, well :red:.

He didn't expect this type of crowd when he opened his diner :).

The Wrong Crowd

That's cool.. didn't expect to see those there.... and the low POV works well :)

edited December 1969

It's been a very recursive October for me . . . okay, Jack's stuff used: Moonshine's Diner, Moonshines Diner Interior I, Moonshine's Diner Interior II, Moonshine's Diner Interior III, Parkside Head Interior, Parkside Freight, Moonshines Drive-In Movie Theatre, and although most of it's barely visible (but at least a few pixels each, I checked), Atrophy, Forlorn for Parkside Point Interior (the rubble), Parkside Heath, and Moon Gate.

DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Wow, that's a lot of different product.. nice work :)

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Hmmm, well :red:.

He didn't expect this type of crowd when he opened his diner :).

The Wrong Crowd

That's cool.. didn't expect to see those there.... and the low POV works well :)

Thanks! :cheese:

Well, friday i decided to spend some money on dino's. Not because i need them.. no no.

Just because they look cool! :P

And now i'll put one or more in every render i make! I'll try to anyway %-P .

And it appears you joind at the date 0 , you realy been around here for a long time Jack %-P.

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    And it appears you joind at the date 0 , you realy been around here for a long time Jack %-P.
    Grtz Jean-Claude

Hah yea, that always make me laugh.. think its nigh on 9 years, so it certainly feels a long time.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,495
    edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Grtz Jean-Claude

Hah yea, that always make me laugh.. think its nigh on 9 years, so it certainly feels a long time.

I think your joined timestamp is 0 (1970-01-01 unix timestamp beginning of time) and the forum code that converts a timestamp to date fails on that,,probably a common:

if ($date>0) { return converterDate($date)) {else return $date;}
    edited December 1969

Oh I like that a lot....nicely done.
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Totte said:
    Szark said:
    Yippee I am a baldy wizard...thanks for the kind words guys....what a nice thing to get up to.

Now you can add "Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club" in your tag ;)

How's that then. :) Now I will have to make a new avatar pic.

Another Bald Wizard! Yipeee! Welcome, Szark! :cheese:

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Wow, that's a lot of different product.. nice work :)

Thanks, glad you like it!

Oh I like that a lot....nicely done.
    Thanks -- and congrats on your magical defoliation!
    edited December 1969

Luci45 and KickAir 8P Thank you

edited December 1969

What do I need to be in the BWC? I have too much hair on my head at the moment I imagine... ;)

edited December 1969

What do I need to be in the BWC? I have too much hair on my head at the moment I imagine... ;)

You can be a member, you just need to render a bald wizard, that's the BWC version of Arnold's "Kick in da dooh"

edited December 1969

Well I will make it official and get a proper render done of a Bald Wizard.

Hey Totte I know it is a bit of fun but do we have a members list,.or is a case of coming across others randomly..

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Well I will make it official and get a proper render done of a Bald Wizard.
    Cool!, But Grandmaster pastels thought your were great enough, but the more the merrier!

Hey Totte I know it is a bit of fun but do we have a members list,.or is a case of coming across others randomly..

It's way to secret for have such devious information accessible. Look at it as the freemasons, but we have a tag in the forum instead of a funny handshake :-)
    edited December 1969

After my RRRR image I will knock out a bladie wiz image.

Hey I like that. Ok I am now on the hunt for fellow BWC members....eee it like a game...a puzzle to solve....sweet.

edited December 1969

Looking forward to a Bald Wizard standing in the Marrakech ;-)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Does a bald faerie count?

overgrown4small.jpg
    856 x 778 - 406K
    edited December 1969

"Does a bald faerie count?"

I don't know did you ask her if she could count?

edited December 1969

Is it a wizard?

edited October 2012

Totte said:

Is it a wizard?

she could be. (A ;) is as good as nudge to a blind man)

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Is it a wizard?

It's the overgrown remains of a wizard's study. Who knows what she might have found lying around?

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Is it a wizard?

It's the overgrown remains of a wizard's study. Who knows what she might have found lying around?

I think I remember the RRRR this one was in, I think that's good enough! Welcome to the B.W.C.!

All you need is to add the tag ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

Is it a wizard?

I think I remember the RRRR this one was in, I think that's good enough! Welcome to the B.W.C.!

All you need is to add the tag ;-)

Woo hoo!

edited December 1969

Nice work everyone.. I'm AFK for a day or two with some evil manflu. If I don't make it, can you make sure I have a good send off ;)

edited December 1969

manfliu......take it easy Jack and get well soon.

edited December 1969

Jack, I think your condition calls for the secret French "cure-it-all" cure, told to me by my uncle in France.

Put a hat on the bedpost. Drink 3+ star Cognac, and keep drinking until you see three hats. When you see three hats, you are cured. If you never see three hats, the cure didn't work but it's a helluva good reason to drink 3+ star Cognac.

edited December 1969

Cheers Szark :)

Totte - that's brilliant and makes total sense.. will give that a go later on.

edited October 2012

Here you go my official bald wizard...yep he is blad under that turban.

Background Dia...diabl....you know the one with the stone snakes

My first attempt is mixing outfits, Witchhunter for M4 pants, belt and shirt. Moroccan Dreams for the cape and turban all thrown on Genesis.

EDIT: To correct my poor spelling

BWC.jpg
    757 x 1050 - 420K
    Post edited by Szark on
This discussion has been closed.