Hexagon 2.5 free but asking for a key I didn't get?

edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi,

I downloaded Hexagon 2.5 , installed it... and it's asking for a serial key. It downloaded only the installation file, so there was no key written anywhere. Has anybody else had this happen? I thought it was free?

Thanks,
~Emily~

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you "purchase" it through the store? If so, you should have a key in your Account Page > My Software Keys
    If not, was the download a zip or an exe file?

• edited October 2012

I downloaded it directly through the product information page where it had a big button saying "Download it Now" basically. It was just a plain .exe file, no key, etc. I ordered it through the store instead and it did indeed give me a serial number, don't know why I didn't think of that...

Thanks,
    ~Emily~

Post edited by EmilyEstelle_e6817c6331 on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Look again. It comes with a readme file.

• edited December 1969

Unless she got it back around the time the website got revamped.

There was a period when the zip disappeared and was replaced by nothing but the installer exe and people were going nuts trying to get the serial.

Daz finally published the serial here on the thread, and a few weeks later the zip file finally reappeared.

• La BohemeLa Boheme Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello

Just downloaded "free" versions of Daz, Hexagon & Bryce -- set up Hexagon -- got a request to validate via "key" which I found in a text file when I unzipped the download.

Opened and ran Hexagon, played around making a simple object -- then tried to save my work but it requested a validation and wouldn't save -- so either I missed something when saving a Hexagon file or is this "free" version not truly free -- as in it won't let you save / export files? And if so, is this the same with Bryce which I haven't installed yet?

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mine came with a readme.txt file with the serial number in it.

I use Win7-64 and haven't had any problems using, saving or running Hexagon.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

La Boheme said:
    Hello

Just downloaded "free" versions of Daz, Hexagon & Bryce -- set up Hexagon -- got a request to validate via "key" which I found in a text file when I unzipped the download.

Opened and ran Hexagon, played around making a simple object -- then tried to save my work but it requested a validation and wouldn't save -- so either I missed something when saving a Hexagon file or is this "free" version not truly free -- as in it won't let you save / export files? And if so, is this the same with Bryce which I haven't installed yet?

What OS are you using? You may want to try running Hexagon as Admin the first time, and see if the serial number sticks that way.

• I haven't tried it yet, but I just right clicked it in the install manager thing (still downloading) and I saw an option to view the serial... I shall copy and apply when it' finished downloading. 

• I've been pasting part of serial number that is marked with "??", but when I pasted the whole Serial it worked well. Maybe it will solve some problems)