A Friendly suggestion for Daz from a mostly pleased Poser DSON user

Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi

Just a few user oriented suggestions. I have been using Genesis in Poser-mostly pleased! There are a few things that might make things smoother for others.
One: the morph packages- people need to know that they add morphs to Genesis characters already in the Character library. We are used to injection poses. For instance- I have a character created with my early morph purchases-she is in a PZ3 file-so when I looked for Morph set 2,3, and muscularity-they were not there. Of course-I found them in the base characters.
As a long time poser user-I would generally-make a character I like-then add more morphs through injections-to that character.
I suppose-I could save her as a character-then go back to the installers-and add the new morphs.

Also- let people know that face morphs can be found under Body- not head.
I think all this can be found in various threads-but a simple sticky stating what is different-would help!

A request- add the Poser Companion files to the SubD dragon. I bought it-it indicates that it is for Poser and Daz-but
there are no companion files-so unless I create them in Daz 4.5 it is not fully functional. I was able to inject poses into the LE version-but some presets-like Baby Dragon- do not work. SubD shows up in character (with LE)-but it is missing many files and will not load.

Request 2: V5 Gens- please update-fix! Thanks.
Again-mostly pleased-and have purchased a few hundred in Genesis items so far.

Note: Cath Harders has PCF files for the Neanderthal on her site. I bought from Daz in the Poser+ Daz section-it lacked the PCF-so I returned it-only to buy it from Mec4D-with PCF. It is a great character. BTW!

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

A request- add the Poser Companion files to the SubD dragon. I bought it-it indicates that it is for Poser and Daz-but there are no companion files-so unless I create them in Daz 4.5 it is not fully functional. I was able to inject poses into the LE version-but some presets-like Baby Dragon- do not work. SubD shows up in character (with LE)-but it is missing many files and will not load.

The SubD Dragon IS a Poser-ready product already. I've owned and used it in Poser well before Genesis and DAZ 4. Just run the installer again and install directly to Poser. The DAZ-only materials are in a separate installer.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The Gens for M5 & the Genesis Female Gens (V5 & S5 use the same ones) are going to get updated. This was mentioned in a previous thread.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The Gens have now been updated -- reset your M5 Pro Bundle or V5 Pro Bundle to get the DSON/PCF version.

The SubDragon should be in the GSE Poser Companion Files under Figures > DAZ Dragons.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Thanks!
    I find the Subdragon-along with the LE version. When I click on the Subdragon to load it-I get a bunch of calls for files that are not on my computer. I ran all the installers that appeared in my order.

The Gens have now been updated -- reset your M5 Pro Bundle or V5 Pro Bundle to get the DSON/PCF version.

The SubDragon should be in the GSE Poser Companion Files under Figures > DAZ Dragons.

edited December 1969

The Gens are there- but what about materials? Grey?

Thanks!
    I find the Subdragon-along with the LE version. When I click on the Subdragon to load it-I get a bunch of calls for files that are not on my computer. I ran all the installers that appeared in my order.

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited December 1969

Could you please clarify - which items do we need to actually download and install again? I re-downloaded the V5 Gens and see no difference - no icon in Poser etc. Does V5 need downloading again also?

edited December 1969

I downloaded a newer TRX file- was version 1.5 vs 1.4, and a separate Poser PCF. First I uninstalled version 1.4. I restarted Poser. I see it under Anatomy. I added it. Conformed to Genesis. Opened the DSON script and transferred active morphs. It moved into place. I don't find any materials or pose file textures.
    The material groups are the same as V5-including, face, head, etc. I applied V5 bree-but the gen remains neutral grey.
    BTW: there are morphs in the Genesis Body morph kit 1 that work well in place of this. Obviously the hip textures work in that case. For my purposes-at least-it is "good enough."
    I have a free UV map selector from Cath at Mec4D- I am going to try that.

Could you please clarify - which items do we need to actually download and install again? I re-downloaded the V5 Gens and see no difference - no icon in Poser etc. Does V5 need downloading again also?

edited December 1969

Just to clarify-did you just reset your download? When I did the version changed from 1.4 to 1.5 and the PCF installer appeared.

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited December 1969

Thanks Eric. Where I was going rong was that the downlods were still available, so I thought they would link to the updated version. Resetting the downloads and downloading the two Gens files worked.

As you mentioned though, I can't get the textures to apply properly - it keeps leaving a grey area. Also having to scale the gens to 80% on V5, otherwise it looks really strange.

edited December 1969

Glad I could help!

Thanks Eric. Where I was going rong was that the downlods were still available, so I thought they would link to the updated version. Resetting the downloads and downloading the two Gens files worked.

As you mentioned though, I can't get the textures to apply properly - it keeps leaving a grey area. Also having to scale the gens to 80% on V5, otherwise it looks really strange.

edited December 1969

Thanks!

The SubDragon that comes in Genesis Starter Essentials is the LE version in DSON format. If you purchased the SubDragon separately, it uses legacy Poser rigging. If you had DS4.0 installed previously, the legacy-rigged LE version was included, but it was labeled SubDragon without the LE -- if so, and you purchased the full SubDragon, reinstall it to replace the files that DS4.0 disrupted.

edited December 1969

Hi Mike
    I bought the "full" dragon a few days ago.I installed it. I now have poses and injection poses for the SubdragonLE. I also now have "Subdragon" as well as SubD Dragon in my Poser Runtime. The SubD dragon shows Installed?Modified Mar 14 2008, whereas LE is August 2012. I never had SubDragon in my Poser Runtime previously.
    When I select Load- I get a LONG list of missing files- starting with "Please locate "SDrgnBODYGrps.pz2" This file does NOT exist on my Mac. I then get "Warning, Cannot Open /Applications?Poser Pro 2012 Content?Runtime/libraries/!Daz/Subdragon/SDrgnBODYGrps.pz2
    It next warns that it cannot open SDrgnBODYchannls.pz2" Etc.
    I guess I'm not quite sure what you are suggesting.

I have Daz4 and 4.5 on my computer-don't use them

Thanks!

The SubDragon that comes in Genesis Starter Essentials is the LE version in DSON format. If you purchased the SubDragon separately, it uses legacy Poser rigging. If you had DS4.0 installed previously, the legacy-rigged LE version was included, but it was labeled SubDragon without the LE -- if so, and you purchased the full SubDragon, reinstall it to replace the files that DS4.0 disrupted.

edited December 1969

Hi Mike
    I bought the "full" dragon a few days ago.I installed it. I now have poses and injection poses for the SubdragonLE. I also now have "Subdragon" as well as SubD Dragon in my Poser Runtime. The SubD dragon shows Installed?Modified Mar 14 2008, whereas LE is August 2012. I never had SubDragon in my Poser Runtime previously.
    When I select Load- I get a LONG list of missing files- starting with "Please locate "SDrgnBODYGrps.pz2" This file does NOT exist on my Mac. I then get "Warning, Cannot Open /Applications?Poser Pro 2012 Content?Runtime/libraries/!Daz/Subdragon/SDrgnBODYGrps.pz2

Thanks!

When you installed the SubDragon did it initialize successfully? Go to ":runtime:libraries:!DAZ" and run "DzCreateExPFiles-SDrgn.command"

edited December 1969

Hi Mike
    I did not see an option to do so. I found the file you suggested-it opened a Unix command box-and indicated it ran. BTW: I pressed "OK" for about 100 of those Warning-cannot Open messages-and the Dragon appeared, Seem funtional-except for the scale morphs like "Baby". I'll try again now that I initialized it.

Thanks for your help, btw!

Eric

Hi Mike

Thanks!

When you installed the SubDragon did it initialize successfully? Go to ":runtime:libraries:!DAZ" and run "DzCreateExPFiles-SDrgn.command"

edited December 1969

Hi Mike
    Initializing did not change anything. However, after pushing OK on all the many warning cannot load messages, I saved out the Dragon that
    did load-as SubDCannot Load-in my character library. It DOES load.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

I wonder if your suffering from a similar issue we had with the Sub Dragon in 4.5, anyone that loaded it using the DS powerloader script got the DSON version instead of the full Poser version, in your case it could be the DSON importer and the companion files are getting in the way, in which case renaming the CR2 might help break the link between the two versions.

edited December 1969

Hi Bejaymac
    I never loaded it into Daz-since I just bought it. But your suggestion does make sense since I did save it out with a different name and it stopped the cannot find missing files warnings.[
    quote author="Bejaymac" date="1351506932"]I wonder if your suffering from a similar issue we had with the Sub Dragon in 4.5, anyone that loaded it using the DS powerloader script got the DSON version instead of the full Poser version, in your case it could be the DSON importer and the companion files are getting in the way, in which case renaming the CR2 might help break the link between the two versions.