V4 and M4 Shapes QUESTION

sunfirexedsunfirexed Posts: 50
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello guys. I like to ask if anyone try or know. If I have the V4 and M4 Shapes (new update with Dson file) Will I be able to use the V4 old clothes into genesis? It is included the fit feature already? Thanks!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DS you can autofit Gen 4 clothes, you don't need the Shapes as well. That feature is not available in Poser.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited October 2012

You can indeed autofit Gen 4 clothes. The problem, as I have found, is that the clothing morphs are lost in the conversion. Toward this end (possibly like the original poster?), I got the V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis and installed them. Sure enough, the morphs show up when you load a new Genesis form, and the clothes seem to recognize the form as a supported character, negating the need for Autofit to kick in. But here's my (related) question:

I have many anatomically correct characters that I have laboriously built with Genesis over the last few months. But when they are loaded, the new morphs do not show up. What do I do in this case? How to I apply my existing characters' details (all of them) onto a new Genesis form so that the V4 morphs show up in Shaping and Parameters? There must be some way to inclusively do that so I don't have to rebuild them. :(

Alternatively, is there a way to apply the new morphs to an existing character so that they are accessible and that the character will be recognized as supported to V4 clothing, hair, etc.? I do see a V4 morph when my existing character is selected, but the slider is red and has no range.

Thank you!

Post edited by RenderPretender on
    edited December 1969

With the Genesis you want to add the morphs to selected, load a new Genesis. In the resulting dialogue box, tell it to apply it to the current figure. This will result in a default-shaped Genesis, but don’t panic; just Undo to restore your custom shape/pose. The new morphs will now be usable.

edited December 1969

DS4.5 does not lose morphs when you autofit. Whether you have the V4 and M4 shapes or not, autofit will run when you try to fit Gen 4 clothing to Genesis -- regardless of the morph you've applied to Genesis, it's still not legacy-rigged like Gen 4, so Gen 4 clothing won't conform.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your help! Your recommendation did work, as the clothing morphs are now available for use when the clothing item or character is selected. DAZ no longer seems to run Autofit when applying Gen4 clothing unless I "Fit to Genesis", but then the clothing morphs are still lost. The bottom line is that some Gen4 clothes work beautifully, and others... not so much.

edited December 1969

masi3vee said:
    Thanks for your help! Your recommendation did work, as the clothing morphs are now available for use when the clothing item or character is selected. DAZ no longer seems to run Autofit when applying Gen4 clothing unless I "Fit to Genesis", but then the clothing morphs are still lost. The bottom line is that some Gen4 clothes work beautifully, and others... not so much.

You're still losing clothing morphs in 4.5? What clothing is it, and what morphs are missing?