DAZ 4.5 Pro serious Problems

robinskirobinski Posts: 6

DAZ 4.5 Pro and anything to do with Genesis starts to render.. gets half way through and gone!
How frustrating. I've looked at Video Card problems, memory, hardware and logs.. Here's what I get in the logs..

3Delight message #43 (Severity 0): R2093: object '' (displacement 'brickyard/{d43f3d9d-700b-4ab8-9b32-da5f909d9a04}/shader_Displacement
surface 'brickyard/{d43f3d9d-700b-4ab8-9b32-da5f909d9a04}/shader_Surface') used only 0% of its displacement bound
C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll: The specified procedure could not be found

I'm presently in the process of fixing the "duplicate ID's" problem with Richards fix but I don't think that is the problem. I don't run into any of these problems when using Victoria 4.2 and renders are consistent within that realm.

I'd really like to do a lot more with Genesis than what I've been doing. This is just simply frustrating. Any suggestions??

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Severity 0 errors can be ignored but it looks like your Dynamic Cloth Control is failing to load. Did you install a Full version of Dynamics without getting the updated version? The Dynamic plugin has been updated and DS4.5 needs the new version (of the full plugin) to work.

• robinskirobinski Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

I did the reset for DCC and installed the updated plugin for 4.5 pro. Now the status on the plugin requires registration but no registration is available for 4.5 in my Serial Numbers (my account).Version 2.x and 3.x are there but nothing for the updated 4.5 plugin. Do I have to purchase it again???

• kcralstonkcralston Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

With 4.5 on my Mac every time I render anything in 3Delight it crashes the program. The Hardware Assisted Render engine works, but so what?

I'd read that in the beta version of 4.5 3Delight didn't work and I thought that would've been fixed before they put out a final version but I seem to've thought wrong.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Your DS3 Serial will unlock it in DS4.5 mine did.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I have two different serial numbers. One was for 3 and the other is for 4. Look and see if you don't have a second number (I think it is the longer one) and try that.

Does the scene have something in it that actually gave you the duplicate error? If so after you have installed the corrected version try deleting and reloading before you render. I had a scene be picky last night like that. First time it has happened even though I am pretty sure I have used the error-ed files in the past.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2012

robinski said:
    DAZ 4.5 Pro and anything to do with Genesis starts to render.. gets half way through and gone!
    How frustrating. I've looked at Video Card problems, memory, hardware and logs.. Here's what I get in the logs..

3Delight message #43 (Severity 0): R2093: object '' (displacement 'brickyard/{d43f3d9d-700b-4ab8-9b32-da5f909d9a04}/shader_Displacement
    surface 'brickyard/{d43f3d9d-700b-4ab8-9b32-da5f909d9a04}/shader_Surface') used only 0% of its displacement bound
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll failed to load. Cannot load library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll: The specified procedure could not be found

I'm presently in the process of fixing the "duplicate ID's" problem with Richards fix but I don't think that is the problem. I don't run into any of these problems when using Victoria 4.2 and renders are consistent within that realm.

I'd really like to do a lot more with Genesis than what I've been doing. This is just simply frustrating. Any suggestions??

Severity 0 'errors' are not errors so much as 'informational' messages.

Severity 1 are 'warning' messages.

Severity 2 are minor errors.

Any or all of those should allow a render to complete with no problems.

Severity 3 and above (up to 5, I think) are problems that may stop a render...although the most common level 3 one is a shader malfunction/substitution...which usually allows the render to complete, but 'untextured'.

With 4.5 on my Mac every time I render anything in 3Delight it crashes the program. The Hardware Assisted Render engine works, but so what?

I'd read that in the beta version of 4.5 3Delight didn't work and I thought that would've been fixed before they put out a final version but I seem to've thought wrong.

Start your own thread with your specific problem...the 3Delight problem was fixed BY the beta...it was a very specific problem related to the build of 3Delight used...that was replaced with an updated 3Delight build in the beta.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2012

@kcralston

if 3Delight is crashing on your mac when it tries to start it could be a permissions error or you could be RAM related.
    If it’s crashing during a render in a specific spot it could be a problem with a model, a shader or again RAM

what are the specs of your Mac (Model/OS/RAM) and is your account administrator? Can you make a new admin account and run DS and see if it crashes on your system doing the same thing?

As mjc1016 suggests start a new thread and maybe we can sort this out for you.

Post edited by StratDragon on