PostgreSLQ CMS Connection Not Working on Startup of 4.9

Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727

So I got 4.9 installed the other day, and everything was working just fine. At least one or two hiccups with the Postgre connection, but nothing a restart of the program couldn't fix. Well, this morning it just up and stopped working altogether. Tried reinstalling the program, but no dice.

And just to hit the obvious off at the pass:

Yes, I checked my firewall. Nothing's changed since the day before.

Yes, I checked my antivirus. Malware Anti-Bytes doesn't flag DAZ as potentially malicious: never has.

Yes, I reinstalled it via DIM.

I stupidly changed the cluster directory, after going by another supposed solution in a similar thread. Nope! Doesn't work. And now I can't access the Appdata folder again ahahahaha fffffffudge.

OS is Windows 10, 64bit.

Gettin' real salty here, because I'm trying to fix this before I go into work and I'm about ready to nuke the program from orbit and do a fresh reinstall at this point... and since I'd have to track down stuff I bought elsewhere (i.e. Rendo, RDNA), not to mention reinstall everything via DIM, I'd rather not go down the Scorched Earth approach right now. :/

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on

Comments

• GTDGTD Posts: 6
    edited January 2016

Same here, sorry I can't help, I'm still trying to fix it.

Got the 4.9 update vie DIM. and even reinstalled DIM after seeing the error popup.

I've tried with my Antivir/firewall software disabled but it doesn't make any change.

Only difference is I run Windows7x64.

So it seems it's an issue on DS side, not on your computer or mine.

EDIT:

I saw something about Valentina SQL and PostgresSQL

I'don't which one of them I was using

The Log file shows that DAZ attempt to convert/Migrate something

[spoiler]

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentGetBySubdir: Unable to connect to the database, can not quote
    WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentGetBySubdir: Unable to connect to the database, can not quote
    WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in needMigrate: Unable to connect to the database, can not quote
    WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in runNextTask-runTask: Unable to connect to the database
    Migration failed.

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database
    WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: Unable to connect to the database

[/spoiler]

EDIT2:

My log shows that I was using Valentina SQL until now:

"Connected to CMS: 4.8 " means valentina

But DAZ is now trying to use Postgres and run into an error.  It's quite clear now that the issue is there

Post edited by GTD on
  • R25SR25S Posts: 595

Did you install only the DAZ Studio 4.9?

I update also through DIM and have the same error. It results from the fact that the PostgreSLQ is a separat file wich does not show up in DIM during the update.

You have to do a manually search in DIM search for PostgreSLQ than the PostgreSLQ file for DAZ Studio 4,9 will show up.

edited January 2016

Here is how to fix it:

Go to : https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Look for:

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
    Installing PostgreSQL for DAZ Studio 4.6.3.50

With DIM I installed POSTGRES SQL x64

Then I installed POSTGRES from Valnetina Conversion

I think DAZ connect, the new feature in DAZ 4.9 only use POSTGRES SQL and so DS will not run with Valentina anymore

Ok now, the isssue is fixed, the error popup is gone and replaced with the DAZ Connect popup.

The products seems to show properly but I lost my custom categories Databse... snif :'(

It's said that the conversion may fail if your Valentina CMS database is corrupt but...

I'm pretty sure my database was good, because it was last time I run DS and and did not quit on error or DS crash.

Post edited by GTD on
    edited January 2016
    R25S said:

Did you install only the DAZ Studio 4.9?

I update also through DIM and have the same error. It results from the fact that the PostgreSLQ is a separat file wich does not show up in DIM during the update.

You have to do a manually search in DIM search for PostgreSLQ than the PostgreSLQ file for DAZ Studio 4,9 will show up.

Haha, thanks for your comment.  Too bad I've not seen it sooner.  I've already found that by myself.  Looking in the two FAQs about POSTGRES since I was already sure that the issue was there.

( My DS4.8 running Valentina and the 4.9 not running it anymore ).  So I just make a filter on "SQL" with DIM and that's all.  Or at least it should have be because now I'm trying to have my custom categories back.

Post edited by GTD on
  • I lost the connection to PostgreSQL CMS after cleaning up and moving DAZ 3D folders on my hard drive.  I had multiple application file paths in DIM and in my Programs\DAZ 3D folders  I don't see anywhere within DAZ to point to my PostgreSQL CMS location after these moves.  Do I need to uninstall both DAZ 3D and PostgreSQL CMS and re-install, or is there anyway to fix this?

edited January 2016

Twitch99.  I don't know if it can help but if you look into CMS preferenses ( Menu "Edit->Preferences" or hit "F2" key and go to CMS ), you can see the folder and the port it's using.

P.S:  If you lose your custom categories like I do after going to POSTGRES, just follow the process to reset the Databse and reimport metadata.  It should have the job done.

Post edited by GTD on
  • GTD  Thanks for the information.  I took a chance and uninstalled and reinstalled the PostgreSQL CMS and Valentina Conversion programs using DIM and now the connection is back and it lloks like things are fixed.

Thanks

• Dark-ElfDark-Elf Posts: 955

I re-installed the files in DIM and I still get the error that a valid connection to the CMS could not be established, please help!!

• Dark-Elf said:

I re-installed the files in DIM and I still get the error that a valid connection to the CMS could not be established, please help!!

Yep, I tried some of the stuff mentioned above, and it still doesn't work. :|

I don't get it. It was just fine yesterday, and now it's completely up and stopped working. :/

I guess in the long run, as long as DIM is still supported it doesn't matter and I can just go about the way I used to before (i.e. download stuff through DIM and navigate the old way), but ughhh. And I was *just* getting used to the Smart Content stuff and being able to browse the store in the program, too.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481

Can't get 4.9 to work with new CMS and get this error also. Tried all the info posted here to na avail. Rather pissed and upset that I tried the update to 4.9 after long experience of terrible UEX when updating DAZ, but the 4.8 update went smooth so I took the chance. Once again DAZ QA fail. Giving up for now ...

• Dark-ElfDark-Elf Posts: 955

Try running DS as an administrator, it worked for me :)

• DievansDievans Posts: 207

I had a bear of a time figuring this one out. On my system (Win 10), the DIM installed 4.9 (I'm using the 64bit version), but I think it installed the 32bit version of PostgreSQL. I finally found the 64bit version in the "Ready to install" tab and installed it from there. After that I launched 4.9, got the error message again and dismissed it, then started the CMS from the little dropdown menu to the right of the Smart Content tab. Nothing really obvious happened, but I did see a migration message at the bottom of the UI, so I figured it was working. After that was complete, I was able to to log in using the green login button near Smart Content. There's more migrating of metadata going on now, but I think I'm set. Hope this helps somebody.

• Dievans said:

I had a bear of a time figuring this one out. On my system (Win 10), the DIM installed 4.9 (I'm using the 64bit version), but I think it installed the 32bit version of PostgreSQL. I finally found the 64bit version in the "Ready to install" tab and installed it from there. After that I launched 4.9, got the error message again and dismissed it, then started the CMS from the little dropdown menu to the right of the Smart Content tab. Nothing really obvious happened, but I did see a migration message at the bottom of the UI, so I figured it was working. After that was complete, I was able to to log in using the green login button near Smart Content. There's more migrating of metadata going on now, but I think I'm set. Hope this helps somebody.

I tried the CMS button, and sure enough, everything is working now. Huh! Have to redownload a bunch of stuff through Smart Content, but given how much of a headache it was this morning... I'll suck it up and deal with it.

Thanks Dark Elf, Dievans and EleganceLiberty. I tried your advce and still no go.

I am able to use DAZ: the content does show up and filters correctly, I just can't connect to the backend through DAZ I guess. Fortunately I don't have to :) but I guess I am missing out on some promotions :(

• NiffgorNiffgor Posts: 43

Had the same problem and this finally solved it for me (removing the 'cmscfg.json' file from Daz appdata): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/945010/#Comment_945010

Thanks nachtmahr but that solution just made matters worse. Still get the error message but I lost all smart content. Once I put the file back I have my smart content back, but again still get that darned message.

Appreciate the the time spent to help

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

uninstall the PostgreSQL and PostgreSQLCMSFromValentina.

Then delete and re-download then install.

I had to do that to get it working, but I've since reverted to 4.8.

• Harry_2964Harry_2964 Posts: 45
    edited January 2016
    Dark-Elf said:

Try running DS as an administrator, it worked for me :)

I get past the error dialog now and DAZ connects.

Still if I download a content, it can't be found. Only triangles!

Also installing content with the Install Manager doesnt work.

A really bad step back for DAZ.

g3f.PNG
    1918 x 613 - 114K
    Post edited by Harry_2964 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The problem could be the non standard english character in your user name.

• I uninstalled Valentina CMS and installed Postgre CMS only. This worked for 4.9 on Windows 8.1 (all 64-bit). Cheers.

• Hi everyone! Look this:

I Cannot Sign Into Daz Connect and I Get a Login Failure in Daz Studio 4.9

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207496406-I-Cannot-Sign-Into-Daz-Connect-and-I-Get-a-Login-Failure-in-Daz-Studio-4-9

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

Hi everyone! Look this:

I Cannot Sign Into Daz Connect and I Get a Login Failure in Daz Studio 4.9

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207496406-I-Cannot-Sign-Into-Daz-Connect-and-I-Get-a-Login-Failure-in-Daz-Studio-4-9

Same here.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Should be fixed now.

• 4.1 same issue now new to this and it looks like far too much work to get this to run ...not gonna reccomend this to anyone