Daz Police officer

misterskutsmisterskuts Posts: 60
edited October 2012 in The Commons

The graphic on the New Releases page of the Genesis Police Officer is really pretty insulting. Besides the grotesque beer-belly, the skin-tight pants and clod-hopper boots on the character suggest the artist has never even seen a police officer in real life.
Oh yes, lets not forget sexual harassment of a subordinate.

Post edited by misterskuts on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited October 2012

I agree. That promo image should be pulled. It is disgusting.

Edit: This continued to bother me. I submitted a help ticket requesting that they change the promo to something that depicts the product in a more positive light.

Post edited by barbult on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

It looks just like one of my x boyfriends turned out. Right down to the sexual harassment. Course he is a cop in GA so maybe things are different where you are.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited October 2012

I am a cop and am indifferent to it actually. I guess I am use to the jokes about doughnut shops and such though they got old after the 100'th time I heard them.
    Could be also I don't use Genesis.

It is DAZ's "family friendly store" I suppose.

EDIT> Although if you haven't see this....it is really good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTv5NFqwd08

Post edited by jmper on
    edited December 1969

By the way, the product is not called DAZ police officer nor is it owned by DAZ.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    By the way, the product is not called DAZ police officer nor is it owned by DAZ.

True, but DAZ did accept it into their store and promoted it, so I believe they are responsible for the content of their store. I just think someone thought it was a funny portrayal of a typical stereotype. I doubt it was anyone's intent to offend. But to some people, it was offensive. Hence the suggestion that a more positive promo image would be better.
    edited December 1969

It is in their store, thus they accepted the promo pics. We always get told how picky DAZ is.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited October 2012

You can't please everyone. However, this is far more tamer than your usual half naked female in a suggestive outfit, which dominates the majority of the products in the various stores. At least this promo it shows that the outfit can be worn by men and women in different sizes. And it attempts to inject somewhat a parody of a sterotype rather than being the stereotype itself.

If you want to vent your anger, I'd probably direct to those promos that are actually sexist.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

At least this promo it shows that the outfit can be worn by men and women in different sizes. And it attempts to inject some create a parody of a sterotype rather than being the stereotype itself. .

Yeah, that's kinda how I looked at it.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

jmper said:
    I am a cop and am indifferent to it actually. I guess I am use to the jokes about doughnut shops and such though they got old after the 100'th time I heard them.

THAT was hilarious!!!
    Thanks for cheering me up :D

About the promo picture, first thought I had that the product was probably aimed at those who use the outfit for naughty renders.
    You know: "hands up and pants down" kind of things...
    Sex sells, I mean, just look at all the naughty female outfits and then look at the men's stuff offered in the shop.
    It's not a pretty picture, but I've seen worse in the store then this one

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

I was a cop and see it as a joke and am not bothered by it.

edited December 1969

Picky does not preclude having a sense of humor.

edited December 1969

Khory said:
    Picky does not preclude having a sense of humor.

Depends on your humor. Obviously everyone has different tastes.

edited December 1969

first thought I had that the product was probably aimed at those who use the outfit for naughty renders.

I could also see it used in a graphic novel myself.

• misterskutsmisterskuts Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Sorry. I work at a police academy and that picture just rubbed me the wrong way.

edited December 1969

And isn't it nice that here in US we get to have different tastes and not get put down or censored for them?

edited December 1969

skuts said:
    Sorry. I work at a police academy and that picture just rubbed me the wrong way.

No reason to be sorry. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Some just want to force it down your throat where others can see your point of view.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

I actually thought it was quite humorous esp for a comedy render, you could also do the muscled buff stripper cop, it can be a costume or a uniform
    we see images of buff firemen with hoses, sexy nurses and teachers and no-one complains, or alternatively the bulky Matron.

• edited October 2012

When I saw the skin-tight uniforms, I instantly heard the music from CHiPs playing in my head, which I find far more offensive than any beer-bellied cop. The cop (and his fawning female flunkies) look like they stepped out of a B-movie and that was probably the intention, given Oskarsson's well-known style.

Love the belt. I just wish the boots were taller, like those in a Tom of Finland drawing. And a pair of metallic sunglasses would have made it. I just hope the sale lasts until payday.

EDIT: Sorry, the flunkies did get a complaint, so I apologize for saying that they didn't.

Post edited by AndYourLittleDogToo on
    edited October 2012

Actually the pants and boots sort of remind me of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police or motorbike police (aka CHiPs).

Post edited by jmper on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I want to buy the cop outfit. Been wanting a police uniform for some time.

I don't find it insulting than the sexy killer nurse with bloody uniform and operating saw, the police lady with the bare midift, the cowgirl with the bikini etc.

From my perspective, the male cop, who is heavy is at least fully clothed is nothing compared to the oodles of skimpwear uniforms for women which are totally sexist and at times opressive in their profusion

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited October 2012

jmper said:

OMG that was hilarious. ROFLMAO

(Edited to say I was speaking of the youtube video and not the images for the police outfit)

Post edited by ledhead on
    edited December 1969

You can't please everyone. However, this is far more tamer than your usual half naked female in a suggestive outfit, which dominates the majority of the products in the various stores. At least this promo it shows that the outfit can be worn by men and women in different sizes. And it attempts to inject somewhat a parody of a sterotype rather than being the stereotype itself.

If you want to vent your anger, I'd probably direct to those promos that are actually sexist.

Totally agree.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited October 2012

Humour is a funny thing... lol It's subjective. One persons joke is another person's insult.

My personal perspective....

It's just too much "in the middle of the road" The artist should have either gone "all out" with an obviously sexy, tongue-in-cheek render, or they should have gone totally "clean". This promo only fails for me because it seems like it's trying to 'walk the line"... but dang, it does look like an awesome versatile set!! Wish I could just win the lottery already! ;-)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Khory said:

And isn't it nice that here in US we get to have different tastes and not get put down or censored for them?

Agreed. To bad you have those that voice their opinion or displeasure, which I can respect and then those that voice it and demand something be done. i hope DAZ leaves it like it is, if you don't like it, don't look and don't buy the product, simple as that.

Personally I liked the promo and thought about getting the outfit, but I already have the one from Will Dupre which is more authentic, but I did like this belt better. I would like a motorcycle cop outfit, to bad these boots are to wide and not tall enough.

edited December 1969

Khory said:

Agreed. To bad you have those that voice their opinion or displeasure, which I can respect and then those that voice it and demand something be done. i hope DAZ leaves it like it is, if you don't like it, don't look and don't buy the product, simple as that.

Personally I liked the promo and thought about getting the outfit, but I already have the one from Will Dupre which is more authentic, but I did like this belt better. I would like a motorcycle cop outfit, to bad these boots are to wide and not tall enough.

Which police outfit is this? I admit, I've looked long and hard for a good authentic looking police outfit...=-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Which police outfit is this? I admit, I've looked long and hard for a good authentic looking police outfit...=-)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/real-world-heroes-police-officer-m4-h4
    there is also a V4 version, but either works ok on genesis.