Daz Art by kylumi

kylumikylumi Posts: 291
edited June 2012 in Art Studio

I am never sure whether I should post my images or not. There are so many great artists around this place it makes me kinda skittish.
Anyway, I thought I would start a thread in the hope of some honest feedback, good, bad or indifferent. Daz is just a hobby to me, I find it the quickest and easiest way for me to be 3D creative [I cannot draw and I cannot paint] so, I get great pleasure from banging the odd render here and there.

Anyway, here we go.....:red:

One of my Gangsta series of images.

I like Black and White renders so I have to include: Assassins Greed based on "you know what"

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• kylumikylumi Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I gotta feeling I should be resizing these.....!!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Yes.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

I like that picture. I've been thinking of doing black & white myself, what did you use to make it so?

edited December 1969

Yes.

"Yes"............. what?
    The kb post size obviously does not hold up regarding the actual image sizes allowed!

I have looked but I am unable to find, so if any of you guys could please point me to the image sizes required for this forum, I would be grateful...thank you.:coolsmile:

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    I like that picture. I've been thinking of doing black & white myself, what did you use to make it so?

Thank you my friend, I used the Agfapan [Gamma/Film Response}] setting in Reality.......I think???:-)

• MargyThunderstormMargyThunderstorm Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

I'm addicted to your images. I really enjoy watching them, you're doing such a wonderful job.

edited December 1969

I'm addicted to your images. I really enjoy watching them, you're doing such a wonderful job.

Hello Margy, thank you for the kind words my little friend. :-)
    Funnily enough I have just been over someplace ......................... looking at yours. ;-P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Kyluni my friend, that is so cool. I love monchrome images.

Are you planning to do any with gangsta sheep in them by any chance ? :coolsmirk:

BTW 800 x 800 pixels is max at the moment, if you have not already found that out

iechyd da

Post edited by Chohole on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Kyluni, I love black and white renders. It adds so much. I love it.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kyluni my friend, that is so cool. I love monchrome images.

Are you planning to do any with gangsta sheep in them by any chance ? :coolsmirk:

BTW 800 x 800 pixels is max at the moment, if you have not already found that out

iechyd da

Iechyd da i chi i fy ffrind :lol:

No sheep..............but, I purchased a whole bunch of "Super Suit" today, and I am immensely impressed. So, there will be a couple of those coming this way.

Thank you for the 800 x 800.....I could not find that info any place I was looking. :red:

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Kyluni, I love black and white renders. It adds so much. I love it.

Thank you very much Frank.

I just feel like I can get a little bit more realism with Black n White.
    My favorite form of photography too. It all stems from being unable to develop my own color prints. ;-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Resizing images is broken - the image you upload, for now, needs to be a maximum of 800 pixels wide and tall.

• Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thats a nice image kylumi. the DOF adds a nice sense of depth and 3d, makes the character really stand out.

edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Thats a nice image kylumi. the DOF adds a nice sense of depth and 3d, makes the character really stand out.

Thank you Mike,

I will be popping in to your place tomorrow......so watch out for me ;-)

edited December 1969

Here are a couple more in B&W.

The Guan-yin portrait was originally rendered in color using Daz 3, then using NIK filters I turned her into B&W.

Somali_by_kylumi_small.jpg
    800 x 800 - 188K
    Gangsta_kylumi_small.jpg
    487 x 800 - 226K
    Guan-yin_kylumi_small.jpg
    716 x 800 - 105K
    edited December 1969

Wow, very nice!

edited December 1969

yeah, impressive.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

kylumi said:
    I am never sure whether I should post my images or not. There are so many great artists around this place it makes me kinda skittish.
    Anyway, I thought I would start a thread in the hope of some honest feedback, good, bad or indifferent. Daz is just a hobby to me, I find it the quickest and easiest way for me to be 3D creative [I cannot draw and I cannot paint] so, I get great pleasure from banging the odd render here and there.

I like Black and White renders so I have to include: Assassins Greed based on "you know what"

I don't know why you'd be skittish, your work is excellent. The above image for example, posing, lighting, DOF and POV. All excellent.
    I also love B&W images, my old photo Teacher told us "Black and white removes the distraction of pretty colors so you can perceive the true meaning of the image."

edited December 1969

kylumi said:

I don't know why you'd be skittish, your work is excellent. The above image for example, posing, lighting, DOF and POV. All excellent.
    I also love B&W images, my old photo Teacher told us "Black and white removes the distraction of pretty colors so you can perceive the true meaning of the image."

I totally agree. I'd love to see more of your work.

edited December 1969

Hey thanks, you guys.............a lot of my stuff does not conform to the new TOS right now...but, it may at some point. :lol:

I have just made an image [completely by mistake] which turned-up an amazing effect. I will post it tomorrow :ohh:

edited December 1969

Well hopefully they get the tags fixed soon so we can enjoy more.

edited June 2012

This is the effect I was talking about yesterday, created by mistake!

I set up a simple scene with the Starman in the foreground [I applied a red glitter shader to him] and added the GIS Sigma for the background.
    I then started to a adjust the camera and lighting positions, at this point I only had a distance light in the scene.
    Then, by accident I moved the distance light right through the Starman so that he became barely visible apart from a faint red outline.
    I rendered the whole scene in 3D Delight and shipped it into photoshop........all I did then was to adjust the image brightness and contrast and voila!!!...............what you see is what I got, well more or less anyway, I duplicated the image to create the outer glow effect.

Kind of interesting don't you think :lol:

Red_Alien_small.jpg
    531 x 800 - 93K
    Post edited by kylumi on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,185
    edited December 1969

It's great when an experiment/mistake works out into something cool like your starman. Some very nice pieces of art in here. Great start to your gallery. Your black and white format makes excellent use of the lights and shadows. Look forward to seeing more. I particularly like this one.

Guan-yin_kylumi_smaller.jpg
    358 x 400 - 17K
    edited June 2012

It's great when an experiment/mistake works out into something cool like your starman. Some very nice pieces of art in here. Great start to your gallery. Your black and white format makes excellent use of the lights and shadows. Look forward to seeing more. I particularly like this one.

Hello FB,

Thank you for the kind words, most of my stuff is done by mistake....:lol:.....its true.

I actually rely on your terrains quite a bit, I don't have that much stuff in my runtime and, what I do have i make good use of it to the point where things start to look repetitive :roll:

Anyway, i ditched the GIS BG and went on to make this image instead.
    I am so impressed with the "Supersuit" I cannot tell you.
    Whoever, made all those shaders is now my new hero!!! :coolsmile:

Title: They are Here!

Aliens_We_are_Here_by_kylumi_small.jpg
    537 x 800 - 315K
    Post edited by kylumi on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm at a loss as to why you never posted your none Flag worthy stuff before. If this is not art then you are way to hard on yourself.

edited December 1969

THe last one, the bue guy, has his own flag. :roll: He just wears it round his waist.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Very cool images!!!

edited December 1969

Aw......thank you guys, I very much appreciate your comments. :coolsmile:

Even Cho's :lol:

edited June 2012

Here is another portrait.....anyone want to give her a name?? :coolsmile:

Title: Samantha [named by Michael_G] :coolsmile:

Portrait_kylumi.jpg