The Ant Farm has scored again with Lenore

peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This was posed in Daz and rendered in Reality 2.5. Happy Halloween

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

I agree!!! :) I don't have any money to get her yet, but I think she's absolutely freaking AWESOME!! :)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

This immediately makes me think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfBpxfRAPo4

I loved this when it came out in the mid 70's.

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019
    edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing that art great image. I'd love to see more if anyone has some to share. I went to the store and she's already gone. That's to bad. Maybe an active thread can keep her alive. Save Lenore from the horrible death of page 2.

edited October 2012

Oh YES!! Someone... Please save Lenore!!

(She needs to survive at least til I get some cash...lol)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

She does look cool :)

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited October 2012

Great render, Pete.

I thought of this when I saw her in the store:

http://disney.go.com/frankenweenie/

Post edited by warmblood on
    edited December 1969

I have not seen the movie but I do love his style and of course she would love to live in that world.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

She is a standalone figure though and not for Genesis or v4 or anything, right? So likely no more outfits or hair, and can't use other clothes with her?

See, I'm already spoiled by Genesis....

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

She is a standalone figure though and not for Genesis or v4 or anything, right? So likely no more outfits or hair, and can't use other clothes with her?

Me too....she looks lovely though!
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

She IS cute... I was totally going to get her till I saw she was standalone... I don't think I can justify it though..... >_<;;;;</p>

edited December 1969

I think she's so awesome, she may even push me to learn to make clothes...lol...

....but...*sigh*... I will pay too much, cuz I will miss the sale...lol

...but this is a def *MUST HAVE* for me!! :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

I agree, after working with Genesis, going back to the other figures is not so easy.
    But Lenore is something dfferent and I like her very much. She takes Toon Generations poses very well.
    Below is a render of Lenore made in DS Pro 4.5 beta.
    Click the image to show it enlarged.

Lenore21pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 380K
    edited October 2012

I have a slight problem with the look of Lenore's skirt in DS 4.5 Pro, especially when rendered with Uber Environment.
    It looks too glossy, instead of the matt look of the Lenore's top. I have reduced glossines of the skirt to 90%,
    but it looks even worse. Anybody knows how to make it looks more like the top?

Lenore22pic02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 456K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

You guys should, at least, buy the set "Lenore's Place". It is very quirky with its twisted bookcases and skewed point of view. The story of the picture is: "Deiter always liked to recite "The Raven" to all the Trick-or-Treaters who happened by. Each year he noticed he had more candy left over than the year before."

Deiter_Recites_The_Raven.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 512K
  • peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing that art great image. I'd love to see more if anyone has some to share. I went to the store and she's already gone. That's to bad. Maybe an active thread can keep her alive. Save Lenore from the horrible death of page 2.

Thank you Mr. Farm....may I call you "Ant". I have admired (and purchased) your work for years. There is no doubt that you have a definite, recognizable style...a kind of quirky, retro look. You are a great artist.
    Signed: "Ant Farm Fanboy"

edited December 1969

Great image, pete.c44.
    I also have bought Lenore's Place, but I am trying different environments to find, where she will fit well.
    So here comes: Lenore and the Moon.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

Lenore25pic08.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 264K
    edited October 2012

pete.c44, thanks.
    Artini WOW love that.

On the skirt I didn't have that but there are so many versions of DS.... So you can copy settings from one texture to another. Copy the top paste it to the skirt then replace the image files with the proper Skirt files from the drop down option. They will still be listed no need to search for them. And save the figure with a new name or just tag a number to it.

Genesis is a really cool system. And I am working with different morphs on my own time. Testing ideas. There's something about creating something from nothing though that I like. Morphs are way cool but they are never your creations as much as well a morph. That means little to a consumer who wants convenience I do understand that. But In my defense I have supported her with a lot more then your average standalone. And she is a priced at the price of a morph and not a stand alone figure.

So I'm not sorry, but I understand. ;-)

Post edited by AntMan on
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, AntFarm.
    I think you do not need to defend Lenore, she is doing very well. The more I play with her, the more I like her.
    I also solved the problem with the skirt material in Daz Studio - I have just increased glossiness to 99%
    and I like how it is showing up on the render.
    Below is a DS 4.5 Pro render of one more version of Lenore scene, with more props and the Raven Never More.

Lenore28pic04.jpg
    800 x 1024 - 269K
  • MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

Any plans for creating additional characters in the same style? Lenore's world?

edited December 1969

I love the feel and I would love to do more. I hope it proves to be a solid seller so that I can do more. I'm not looking for anything to be a screaming hit these days with money tight all over. Just give me a excuse though and I will run with it.

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

With a few more characters and sets, I can see the makings of a fun animated web series.

• Dani Foster HerringDani Foster Herring Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

She is getting attention and from comments posted, a following. @DeviantArt, SmithMicro just liked my "Come Play with Us" image and asked me to submit it to their gallery. *smile*

Please make more!!! I promise to buy it even if I have to feed the kids Ramen. LOL Dani