Fantasy Dwarven beard/hair ?

AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone have a source for a good beard and or hair for Dwarves in a fantasy setting?
Preferably a long and braided beard.
Genesis compatibility preffered...

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i do mine with postwork

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

When Mec4D's set is released it's a beard and body hair pack that is unbelievable. 30 beard types that you can GROW on your Genesis figure and apparently very fast renders compared to transmapped beards and hair! Not sure when DAZ will release it, probably holding off till the store issues simmer down!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    When Mec4D's set is released it's a beard and body hair pack that is unbelievable. 30 beard types that you can GROW on your Genesis figure and apparently very fast renders compared to transmapped beards and hair! Not sure when DAZ will release it, probably holding off till the store issues simmer down!

the store has issues? I hadn't noticed

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Yeah that's news to me to. That are the problems your having. LOL!

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

the store has issues? I hadn't noticed

If that isn´t sarcasm, then you are a lucky one!

edited December 1969

Trust me, they both need spankings! LOL

edited December 1969

Oh me first. I need a good beating to get through my day.

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Big braided beard? Like Santa crossed with a pirate sort of thing? And/or a dreadlocked beard, I would give my right ARM for that.

Well, Genesis' right arm. I can always make another by cloning the left arm :)

edited December 1969

I don't know if Cath has a morph for the beard but I doubt it would include a braided beard morph!

• edited December 1969

So - if anyone knows - would it be possible for Cath to do a hair product - similar to the upcoming beard one - but to grow different hair styles?

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Oh me first. I need a good beating to get through my day.

I think all of you have been taking a beating for weeks now :-S

edited December 1969

This is true, but we have thick skin. We have to to deal with this changeover.

edited December 1969

Thick eh?? Ask that alligator over there about thick! lmao

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

StudioArtVartanian's Yannis Hair Addon pack http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/yannis-rasta-hair-and-addons/86637 includes a braided beard. It's just a small one and you can see it in the main promo only.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited June 2012

Thanks for all the responses :)

I've been looking through the daz store thinking about what could work together to make a big long full beard with braids in it.
    Does anyone have these 2 items to test my theory on?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/princess-tails-hair-set

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-4-long-beard

I'm thinking I could put these 2 products together to make the beard I want.
    What do you all think?
    The goal is to end up with something similar to this:
    http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Dwarf2-tornlogo.jpg

Post edited by Albiejee on
    edited December 1969

if you want a braided beard, what i would look at is finding a braided hair style, then make everything but the braid transparent, then move the braid to line up where you want it, maybe combine it with a beard prop and match the colors