bassackwards?

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

ok, why is Daz studio 4.5 exporting obj files in mirror image??
at first I thought it was iClone 3dxchange but they open backwards in Carrara too.
fbx ok if it is a figure, (props get all zeroed so not much good for that)
fine if textless but Moonshine's diner backwards does not go so well unless I apply a horizontal flip in Windows live moviemaker editing it for youtube
DS3 ok

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just tried this using DS4.5 and Hexagon. Exported Genesis as an Obj with a little posing, and it loads the correct way in Hexagon, as do all other OBJ files in Hex, so I don't know what is happening for you?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yep does that with the standalone Ivy Generator too...sorry can't remember which of the x,y and z coordinates I changed on exporting to fix it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 1969

Genesus symmetrical so how would you know?
    did it for the Moonshine diner, Stonemason's warehouse to name a few, so I redid them using DS3 instead but want to know why.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Good point, bend a finger tip on one side. I have only exported buildings.

Sorry no idea why.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Yep does that with the standalone Ivy Generator too...sorry can't remember which of the x,y and z coordinates I changed on exporting to fix it.

In Bryce if I want to reverse anything it is the X
    edited October 2012

Genesus symmetrical so how would you know?
    did it for the Moonshine diner, Stonemason's warehouse to name a few, so I redid them using DS3 instead but want to know why.

Symmetrical or not, surely if the figure is mirrored I would know? It would mean left arm down in DS4 and right arm down on import?

If that is not the case, then it is not mirroring.

EDIT:

I just truied this with the Medieval Gatehouse which is definitely not symmetrical, and it dod not mirror or reverse or anything else. It is exactly as it was in DAZ Studio. Itried some toehr buildings as well, I don;t have the Diner, so I don;t know what is going on.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,710
    edited December 1969

What are your export settings? Are they the same as in DS3?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ok, why is Daz studio 4.5 exporting obj files in mirror image??
    at first I thought it was iClone 3dxchange but they open backwards in Carrara too.
    fbx ok if it is a figure, (props get all zeroed so not much good for that)
    fine if textless but Moonshine's diner backwards does not go so well unless I apply a horizontal flip in Windows live moviemaker editing it for youtube
    DS3 ok

On export you are given some options...make sure that you click the 'Show Individual Settings" button, so you can see all your options and then...

screen20.png
    483 x 509 - 33K
    edited December 1969

well here are my settings for DS4 and 3
    only difference I noticed I checked collect maps for Bryce which makes Carrara (not iClone 3Dx5) search for textures
    the DS4 one needs to be rotated90 on the X-axis and 180 on the Y but still a mirror image

Doc2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 451K
    Untitled1.jpg
    491 x 553 - 84K
    Untitled.jpg
    504 x 578 - 92K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,710
    edited December 1969

You have the Y and Z axes swapped in the DS4 settings.

edited December 1969

oh, I have too!
    how does that happen without ticking anything?

edited December 1969

Start with one of the presets that have it that way...like the Blender one...

edited December 1969

I'm glad it is sorted for you now Wendy, it must have been really annoying.

Well spotted Richard.

edited December 1969

yet to try, busy checking a drive AND rendering in Carrara, I assume picking a preset option like Daz studio or Poser would fix it or the little arrows, must lose that Bryce texture option too, no good for Carrara, iClone makes no difference.

edited December 1969

Start with DAZ or Poser and then change the materials options to what you need,