concept art

meiosomarmeiosomar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

i know i cant use daz models in unity but is it possible to make concept art for the characters in my game

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

meiosomar said:
    i know i cant use daz models in unity but is it possible to make concept art for the characters in my game

The DAZ 3D EULA states that you can use renderings or animations of anything DAZ 3D Sells and use it in any way you want. The limitation to this is the redistribution of the 3D Model or Mesh. The mesh can not be shared or distributed in any way.

Does that help?

• meiosomarmeiosomar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

okay at least i can make 3D concept art for my video game if that's allowed

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I believe DAZ has a license you can purchase if you want to use models in games. Granted a lot of the models are pretty polygon intensive for game models.

edited December 1969

I believe DAZ has a license you can purchase if you want to use models in games. Granted a lot of the models are pretty polygon intensive for game models.

yeah but the license is expensive
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

meiosomar said:

yeah but the license is expensive

There is a Game Developer License for Indie type games for $500.

Indie Game Developer License

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

meiosomar said:

Yes, you can use Daz models for concept art if it is a picture or a video. You couldn'e use them in a demo.
    edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    meiosomar said:

Yes, you can use Daz models for concept art if it is a picture or a video. You couldn'e use them in a demo.
    good im better of making my own models in blender but daz is a great tool for models and i could make pictures as the concept art for my characters