DSON breaks my Poser2012 library (solved)

edited October 2012 in Poser Discussion

I got problems with DSON.
After the installation it is not working correct way.
I've added new folder with essentials and now could load a Genesis inside Poser2012 - loading works fine...but there are main problems begins!
After I load anything (genesis or other DSON figure) my Poser content library breaks and became inaccessible!! I cannot nither add anything or load into the scene! If I save a scene with loaded DS items in it and reopen it = library is fully empty and nothing could be done with it! the only way to make it work - NOT TO USE DS AT ALL!!
I've updated DAZ to 4,5, installed proper Poser SR3 with proper options...trying to install DSON essentials to DS4,5 or stand alone folders - that made nothing! I really have no idea how to fix it!
the only way I could use genesis inside Poser is still CR2 exporter and that's all. DSON do not work for me, it breaks my library and make any work in Poser useless =(

Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• edited December 1969

I've solved that problem!

just use "external library" not "embedded one"!
    ---
    but still have a question: is it possible to swap UVs of genesis inside Poser?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,847
    edited December 1969

The new version of the importer, .13, has an option to turn off the progress dialogue which should be a temporary fix for the library issue without having to make the library external while a better solution is sought.

Yes, you can swap UVs by applying a .duf preset that uses the new UV set. Mec4D has a set of free presets with companion files on her site that will do the job, or you can use the material presets that come with the Genesis essentials and then apply the actual Poser-format materials you want to use.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

---

It is possible to change UV's inside poser, but you would have to reapply the materials afterward.
    I wrote a small utility shader to do this and I believe some other people have them available for download.
    But is very simple to make. Just take blank genesis and select all material in Surface tab, then set UV to whatever, M4, V4, etc..
    Go to content library and press + icon in lower left corner and select "material preset" from flyout and save with some descriptive name, like maybe M4_UV. Then select that preset and right click on content tab then choose "create poser companion file" and save as MC6 with library choice. This puts mc6 file in poser that change UV, you need one for each. This just has to be done once, the shaders will work in the normal manner once they are created

• edited December 1969

thank you so much!
    i'll try this.

• edited December 1969

Medzin said:

Then select that preset and right click on content tab then choose "create poser companion file" and save as MC6 with library choice. This puts mc6 file in poser that change UV, you need one for each. This just has to be done once, the shaders will work in the normal manner once they are created

strange. i got ds 4.5 but i cannot find anything there to convert into "poser companion file".

222.jpg
    390 x 307 - 52K
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

There is a lot of information regarding the DSON tools found here: DSON Docs

• edited December 1969

i apreciate this but it won't help at all cause i do not have this option in my DS4,5!!
    http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/action_location.png
    so in this tutorial
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/start
    i cannot proced to step 3. i got DUF files i've made everything...but there is NO convertion buttons at all! what's wrong with my DS?
    p.s. i've cheked all installed plugins in DS - HELP -> About installed pluging...
    and there is nothing DSON in this folder...maybe it is the problem? i should install something else into DS4,5 to activate DSON?

edited December 1969

You won't see anything in installed plugins because it is not considered a plugin, but part of DS 4.5.1.6
    Make sure you have that version. I'm not sure if DSON checks the version of DS when you install it (since not required for minimum functionality)

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

i apreciate this but it won't help at all cause i do not have this option in my DS4,5!!
    http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/action_location.png
    so in this tutorial
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/tutorials/creating_dson_companion_files/start
    i cannot proced to step 3. i got DUF files i've made everything...but there is NO convertion buttons at all! what's wrong with my DS?
    p.s. i've cheked all installed plugins in DS - HELP -> About installed pluging...
    and there is nothing DSON in this folder...maybe it is the problem? i should install something else into DS4,5 to activate DSON?

Are you using the latest build of DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9471/

You will also need the DAZ Studio 4 Pro version of software. Need to make sure you've purchased the Free version of DAZ Studio 4 Pro as it will put the Serial Number in your Available Serial Numbers in your account.

• edited December 1969

i guess my problem is: DAZStudio_4.5.0.114_Win64! it is not DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 =)
    solved!
    thanks you!

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited December 1969

---

I have the same problem, can you explain how you fixed it?
    I do not understand about the * exertnal library * not * embedded one *

Thank you
    Petra

edited December 1969

hit control K for preferences and go to tab shown

exlib.jpg
    461 x 275 - 15K