Send In The Clones and Send In The Clones Pro Now for DS4.5 [Commercial]

DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Send In The Clones has been updated to work in DS4.5

Send In The Clones Pro has been updated to work in DS4.5 and Genesis!

Those who have purchased the DS2/3 versions will receive an additional 50% off!

SITC Pro works with Genesis, but note that Preferences->Content Library->Native Format Loading needs to be set to "Show the Character Loading Options dialog" or "Always load a new figure" for cloning to work.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

What is the dofference between the two basic and pro, please.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited October 2012

The basic version clones only props and the cloned props share the same textures, Where the Pro version can also clone figures(V4, M4, Mil Dragon, Genesis) and apply morphs, textures, poses, clothes etc. while cloning. It will also give you choice to clone props with different textures.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

The basic version clones only props and the cloned props share the same textures, Where the Pro version can also clone figures(V4, M4, Mil Dragon, Genesis) and apply morphs, textures, poses, clothes etc. while cloning. It will also give you choice to clone props with different textures.

Pro it shall be, for me.

Once the store page stops being silly to me, and some people. :cheese:.

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited December 1969

Thanks for the explanation.
    Is there any coupon for those that have the basic Send in the Clones original, I didn't update to the Pro when it came out.
    Thanks again.

edited December 1969

Is there any coupon for those that have the basic Send in the Clones original, I didn't update to the Pro when it came out.
    Thanks again.

Yes 50% Off

• achimsachims Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Too, bad! I'd like to, but can't buy the Update because the (censored) "Shop" is freaking out!
    (Yes i know! It's just "one of this things" that is just hitting some of us. So, never mind!)

edited December 1969

Thanks again.

Yes 50% Off

Cool - Thank you.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

So if we have Send in the Clones for DS3 it counts as an upgrade for *either* the standard or the Pro version? The store entry claims that "Owners of the previous Send in the Clones Pro will receive an additional 50% off this item at checkout." But I don't remember there being a previous Pro version. Just DS or Poser.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    So if we have Send in the Clones for DS3 it counts as an upgrade for *either* the standard or the Pro version? The store entry claims that "Owners of the previous Send in the Clones Pro will receive an additional 50% off this item at checkout." But I don't remember there being a previous Pro version. Just DS or Poser.

There were Standard and Pro. Pretty much the same division of features. SITC Std only did props, while Pro did Figures and Scenes as well.

Kendall

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:

For DS there is a standard (props only) and Pro version, and the upgrade is so that the product will work in DS4.5. I created the new version as a new product so that the original DS2/3 version would stay in the store for people who have not started using DS4.5

Poser only has the standard version.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    DS: If the upgrade version is a separate product in the store, do I have to install it over the previous version or is it a standalone installation?

I'm asking because I don't know if the previous version can be installed into DS4.5, but if the upgrade is standalone, how do you ensure only people who purchased the previous version get to use the upgrade?

DAZ3D is using their Database of purchasers to ensure who gets the 50% off at checkout.

The DS2/3 versions do not work in DS4.5. These newer versions are in their own folders, and have a new file name.... I did it this just in case the user is like me, and still uses DS3 sometimes ;)

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Hi Kendall

Yes there was an earlier Pro version because I remember asking DS about the differences and I decided to go pro. I didn't regret that decision (does one ever?) :-)

Yup. I bought the pro version as well. I was moderately successful at getting the older SITC Pro working under 4.0, but haven't tried under 4.5. Now I won't have to. :-)

Kendall

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    DS: If the upgrade version is a separate product in the store, do I have to install it over the previous version or is it a standalone installation?

I'm asking because I don't know if the previous version can be installed into DS4.5, but if the upgrade is standalone, how do you ensure only people who purchased the previous version get to use the upgrade?

DAZ3D is using their Database of purchasers to ensure who gets the 50% off at checkout.

The DS2/3 versions do not work in DS4.5. These newer versions are in their own folders, and have a new file name.... I did it this just in case the user is like me, and still uses DS3 sometimes ;)

Quick question... Is there an option to have SITC Pro use the Instances facility where one doesn't need to change textures? For instance, trees, grasses, rocks, etc?

Kendall

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    cridgit said:
    Hi Kendall

Yes there was an earlier Pro version because I remember asking DS about the differences and I decided to go pro. I didn't regret that decision (does one ever?) :-)

Yup. I bought the pro version as well. I was moderately successful at getting the older SITC Pro working under 4.0, but haven't tried under 4.5. Now I won't have to. :-)

Kendall

Oops sorry mate: I meant to respond to JOdel, as he'd asked the question. Silly fingers :red:

No problem at all. I don't mind. :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

Can we ask for features to be added, DraagonStorm?

Kendall

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    cridgit said:

And its not working as usual ;-) Should I go ahead and buy it then file a support ticket for a partial refund?

Since I have no control of how DAZ3D is handling the percentage off, I'd say file a support ticket for a partial refund. I know that people are getting the 50% off from my sales reports :)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,031
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    cridgit said:

And its not working as usual ;-) Should I go ahead and buy it then file a support ticket for a partial refund?

Notice the line right under subtotal? The one that says "Discount"? That is the send in the clones discount.

edited December 1969

Kendall

The product is already passed QA and in the store....... What kind of features are you thinking about?

edited December 1969

cridgit said:

Quick question... Is there an option to have SITC Pro use the Instances facility where one doesn't need to change textures? For instance, trees, grasses, rocks, etc?

Kendall

When you select a prop, there is an option that shows up for you to choose.

_0001_Layer_3.jpg
    975 x 556 - 216K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    namffuak said:

Notice the line right under subtotal? The one that says "Discount"? That is the send in the clones discount.

Not unless you and I took different math classes at school. That's the PC discount, not the 50% upgrade discount. Let's drop it and let DS get on with the thread - I'll handle this with support. Thanks.

This is a Published Artist product, there is no PC discount. The PC discount is only for DAZ Original products... That is the 50% discount.

The full price: 24.95

30% Intro discount price: 17.47
    50% of 17.47 is: 8.74

edited October 2012

Kendall

The product is already passed QA and in the store....... What kind of features are you thinking about?

I was thinking for your next update...

Anyway, it'd be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive. In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items. This would be especially helpful for random placement. For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects "fall" onto the first mesh they encounter. Like toys on a stairwell. Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop. Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

So if you owned Send in the Clones, you can't get the 50% off discount to upgrade to Send In the Clones DS4 Pro, only to the new non-pro version?

edited December 1969

So if you owned Send in the Clones, you can't get the 50% off discount to upgrade to Send In the Clones DS4 Pro, only to the new non-pro version?

That's the way it's suppose to be working Standard to Standard; Pro to Pro.

When the Original Send In The Clones Pro was released (Wow almost 2 years ago :gulp: ) There was a 20% coupon offered to people who had previously purchased Send In The Clones.

edited December 1969

Kendall

I was thinking for your next update...

Anyway, it'd be nice to be able to choose an area limitation based on the area defined by a primitive. In other words, allow the user to create a primitive and use that as the enclosure for SITC to place items. This would be especially helpful for random placement. For instance, place a cone over a Christmas tree prop, and then tell SITC to place 50 ornaments on the tree randomly, limited to the area within the cone.

Also, an option to have the objects "fall" onto the first mesh they encounter. Like toys on a stairwell. Place the toys above the area, set the option to fall, and then the toys get placed, and then descend on the Y axis until they encounter a mesh, where they stop. Or use it to populate a streambed, or create a pile of items.

Kendall

Cool ideas, when I have extra time I'll look into how to do stuff like that :) .......~~~~~~ DraagonStorm wonders if it can even be done in script, or does she need to learn .net and C ~~~~~~..........

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Ok - too bad :( I wasn't aware of it...well, probably no upgrade for me then.